rob4x4

rob4x4

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4,Tesco Hudl

Not that much - it`s only $219 at BySku

£134 for the Jiayu G4 Basic on pre-order? Think I might hold out and wait until its widely available if its going to be around that price. Its only the 1800 battery though so I wonder how much more the 3000 battery model will be? Thats the one I'm interested in :D

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w
There will be 2 variants: 1800mAh (thin phone) and 3000mAh (fat phone)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

logo-telekineza.png 

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts
For those looking for 4.5" and 4.7" screens, there`s an interesting spanish forum:
http://www.movilesdu...6589-menos-de-5

logo-telekineza.png 

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Devices:coolpad F1 8297w & redmi note2
posted in Vowney thread but nobody around..

Done something to the V5 , switch on screen is frozen locked ,nothing works, only place I can get is into factory mode, got 8 headings all in Chinese, anybody know what they are in English , or what I should do now? cheers

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts
Make a picture and try to PM Xiaognol or Coming for help (they are chinese modaco members).

P.S. This is the reason why I don`t like phones without dedicated forums.

Edited by dakok, 17 June 2013 - 11:44 AM.

logo-telekineza.png 

arranhs

arranhs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Zopo C2 is no-no at present. I`ve been reading thru their forum and found this:
- they have 3-4 different versions distinguished by stickers inside battery compartment and back color and can`t explain to customers version difference
- they have problems with battery charging

Li-polymer doesn`t differ much from Li-ion, and 2000mAh is the capacity - it gets empty at nearly the same time as any other battery type of the same capacity.
It only may be a bit thinner and lighter if it has higher energy density.

CPU suffers from higher resolutions - take a look at average atuntu scores for FHD and QHD screens (I`d say 10-15% difference) so
there is a buying rule:
If you`re a gamer buy a lower resolution phone
If you want to show-off, buy a 5"er @ 1920*1080 and enjoy the screen clarity in front of your nose :P

Thanks a lot dakok :D Im a gamer, so ill be sure to take you advice into account :) Plus thanks for the heads up about the C2 - very interesting i must say

zte skate is 1800mah battery, and with a terrible processor lasts halfaday, no way, I'm waiting for this jiayu g4. 3000mah is my minimum

+1 to that. You know if you want a REALLY big battery you could wait till the Xiaomi Mi3 which has a 3600mAh battery get released :P

If the G4 was not so overpriced it would probably be my first choice.

Fancy joining the group buying then? What's your cut off price for the G4? I would offer to buy you and JetKun one when i go to china, but i dont want the responsibility or 100's of people then asking me to buy them one as well, so sorry about that :P

Edit: oooo look at this http://www.jiayu.es/...?soft&jiayu=G4B. The CWM is supposed to be in English which is pretty awesome

Edited by arranhs, 17 June 2013 - 12:40 PM.

List of all the ROM's, Recoveries, Mods, Tutorials, Themes and Original Firmware on this forum!

[COMPILATION][LIST] ROMs/KERNELs/RECOVERYs/MODs/TUTORIALs/THEMEs/ORIGINAL FIRMWARE

ChrisPNE

ChrisPNE

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5, Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@ChrisPNE
Anyone who used EMS advise on the further steps to the UK?

Timing Site Status

2013-06-15 19:05:00 BEIJING Posting

2013-06-15 19:12:00 yonganluyingyebu Despatch from Sorting Center

2013-06-15 20:05:56 BEIJING Arrival at Sorting Center

2013-06-16 00:18:33 BEIJING Despatch from Sorting Center

aliaird

aliaird

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
My V5 is starting in Hong Kong it seems?!
Waybill: Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG
Monday, June 17, 2013 at 22:50 Origin Service Area: Posted Image HONG KONG - HONG KONG - HONG KONG
Destination Service Area: Posted Image GATWICK - GATWICK - UK Monday, June 17, 2013 Location Time Sunday, June 16, 2013 Location Time 6 Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 22:50

5 Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 19:27

4 Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 12:44

3 Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 04:46

2 Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 04:10

1 Shipment picked up HONG KONG - HONG KONG 22:29

Edited by aliaird, 17 June 2013 - 06:58 PM.

rob4x4

rob4x4

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4,Tesco Hudl
I'm a bit confused about the availability of the Jiayu G4. Some sites say they have stock, some say pre-order only. I can't find a reliable release date anywhere.
Is it a case of limited stock levels going out to certain sellers? Or a lot of sellers claiming they have stock when really they are just trying to get pre-orders?

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Tech hacking gaming, motor sport , snooker
  • Devices:g300/ v970/vowney v5
I really fancied a Jiayu G4 and still do but looking at the prices and your chances of getting one decided to make the jump for the vowney v5 , when the Jiayu G4 is ready and available in a few months and not at inflated prices I might get one see how it compares to my v5, theres a few niggles with the v5 but like any phone , my mate at work was complaining about is Samsung s4 with data connection problems and having to refresh it to be able to connect to net , so doesn't matter what you buy there be niggles, a least theres no major problems ive found with v5.

JetKun

JetKun

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (OMC)
  • Twitter:@stephenfry

Fancy joining the group buying then? What's your cut off price for the G4? I would offer to buy you and JetKun one when i go to china, but i dont want the responsibility or 100's of people then asking me to buy them one as well, so sorry about that :P

Yeah, I wouldn't want to pressure you or anything, and a seller's warranty is worth something I guess. I'd say £150-£160 as a cut off personally

EDIT: This looks like a nice place http://www.to2c.com/...ml#.Ub94dvnV98E OTG is pointless for me, and the price is nice?

Edited by JetKun, 17 June 2013 - 09:09 PM.

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_

I really fancied a Jiayu G4 and still do but looking at the prices and your chances of getting one decided to make the jump for the vowney v5 , when the Jiayu G4 is ready and available in a few months and not at inflated prices I might get one see how it compares to my v5, theres a few niggles with the v5 but like any phone , my mate at work was complaining about is Samsung s4 with data connection problems and having to refresh it to be able to connect to net , so doesn't matter what you buy there be niggles, a least theres no major problems ive found with v5.

I know what you mean there are a lot of problems that still exist with the G300...

Anyway I might be looking for another phone too, my brother wants my V5 lol.. And I don't want to buy two phones exactly the same. I showed him the Jiayu G4 but he hates the look, says its too square and thick. The Vowney is thin and feels next gen in hand... hmm if the G4 comes down in price then it's back in the running. But I do like the Vowney..

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X
give it a couple of weeks and there will probably be new 1080p 1/2GB MTK6589T devices at a budget price, lol

the "vivo x5 play" looks like a cool phone... doubt its cheap though

Posted Image

http://pdadb.net/ind...k_vivo_x5_xplay

the "blu vivo" looks like nice phone, love all black design... this is the only reason i like the G4, no daft silver rim / buttons,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ggu0ieAtpZA

trashbat

trashbat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
The X play looks a really nice phone, think you have it right about the price, interested to see what it retails at

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

I know what you mean there are a lot of problems that still exist with the G300...

Anyway I might be looking for another phone too, my brother wants my V5 lol.. And I don't want to buy two phones exactly the same. I showed him the Jiayu G4 but he hates the look, says its too square and thick. The Vowney is thin and feels next gen in hand... hmm if the G4 comes down in price then it's back in the running. But I do like the Vowney..

Yeah in my opinion from what I have read the G4 is probably one of the best of the first MTK6589 crop, especially those lovely thin bezels and I think the fact its 720p is a winner. I'm still not convinced that 1080p on MTK6589 is the way to go although I think, those 1080p phones would still be quite usable I think over all perfromance would suffer. Perhaps the Bumped MT6589T with 2Gb will help though, but again those phones will be more expensive.

Despite its issues though I have kind of fallen in love with the V5. The weight and slim profile are so sweet and the huge display is just glorious. I still find it amazing that it can be sold so cheaply, when you consider in china its actually sub £100 which is straight bonkers.

give it a couple of weeks and there will probably be new 1080p 1/2GB MTK6589T devices at a budget price, lol

the "vivo x5 play" looks like a cool phone... doubt its cheap though

Posted Image

http://pdadb.net/ind...k_vivo_x5_xplay

the "blu vivo" looks like nice phone, love all black design... this is the only reason i like the G4, no daft silver rim / buttons,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ggu0ieAtpZA

Yeah the xplay is an absolute beast, they got it up on hotmid.com for around $600 shipped. lol, it is snapdragon 600 though

Edited by Sere83, 17 June 2013 - 10:50 PM.

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_

I hope so..

Exactly.. Why Oh why can't we just have all black phones.. As soon as I have had my V5 for 30 days I'm ordering a black back cover.

Posted Image

Yeah in my opinion from what I have read the G4 is probably one of the best of the first MTK6589 crop, especially those lovely thin bezels and I think the fact its 720p is a winner. I'm still not convinced that 1080p on MTK6589 is the way to go although I think, those 1080p phones would still be quite usable I think over all perfromance would suffer. Perhaps the Bumped MT6589T with 2Gb will help though, but again those phones will be more expensive.

I totally agree 1080p phones tend to lag in the home screens, although I would prefer an 8mp camera on the G4 but at least you might be able to turn it down if needed, and I wish it was as thin as the V5.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts
This is why it takes so long:

logo-telekineza.png 

aliaird

aliaird

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
My phone is at Heathrow... just a short hop to Gatwick to go!!

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

ChrisPNE

ChrisPNE

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5, Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@ChrisPNE

My phone is at Heathrow... just a short hop to Gatwick to go!!

Mine is in Madrid. A little bit further to go lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users