3442 replies to this topic

grabster

grabster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Devices:Moto g
I also had problems with merimobile so i cancelled the order and raised a dispute with paypal and hey presto...refund.
Reordered with fastcardtech and item has shipped from the 5th so maybe it will be here soon.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,871 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Z3 Compact

How did I you manage to get PayPal to refund you.also did you order both your new phones on same order to save on shipping cost

just find the payment for the phone on your Paypal account and click on "details" then at the bottom of the new page there should be a button to resolve a problem

i have also just got a refund from the place a mentioned on the other page as they emailed me saying it wont be shipped until the 19th...
as all couriers in china are on holiday from the 2nd till the 19th, so i'm just going to wait till after then to re-order, and probably from fastcardtech

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i9305
  • Twitter:@meritez

Did anyone ever manage to track a phone using fastcardtechs tracking numbers ?
Frustrating to say the least.
Ordered the umix1,in black,got email to say it had shipped then next day another email to say only white left and would i take that instead.
Agreed to the white one,got email to say was with shipping company,"china dhl" ???
Tried the tracking number without sucess ,contacted support only to be emailed back with "sorry,out of stock".
Is this the norm when buying from china cos i dont think i will want to go through all this again.

Fast card tech and China DHL lost my device and refused to replace or refund, I hope your phone arrives

grabster

grabster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
So do i...

It appears that although i chose dhl that its actually coming with ems instead,thats why the tracking number didnt work.
The phone is listed as being in beijing.
The small print does state that they may use different courier during holiday season.

Gotta be impressed with the chinglish though.

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Tech hacking gaming, motor sport , snooker
  • Devices:g300/ v970/vowney v5
Not as easy as you think ordering from china, and what's with fastcardtech some of there phone prices just look way too cheap

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
I found this phone called the Mogu S1, which is the worlds cheapest phablet, costing only $48 :o

I made a thread about it in the ZTE Skate section:

http://www.modaco.co...8/#entry2087427

I would never buy it, but it is still pretty good for the price.

Edited by kyan31, 10 February 2013 - 02:36 PM.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
Yes I saw that cheap phone looks a lot of phone for price, but dont you find most of the china pre launch prices are not same prices you ever pay, just a update on my merimobile order placed on 31.1.13 was told would be posted on the 6.2.13 and have now been told 18.2.13 , not sure if to cancel or not , if I could find a root guide for the zre v955 I would order from deal extreme , they can't supply this phone rooted , I've only found a few sellers offering pre rooted.I've found some Chinese site talking about rooting this phone but just not easy to follow at all, Google translator doesn't translate some of the sites fully.

Edited by blaster99999, 11 February 2013 - 02:58 PM.

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
Anyone got a china phone , can you update us all please

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,871 posts

Yes I saw that cheap phone looks a lot of phone for price, but dont you find most of the china pre launch prices are not same prices you ever pay, just a update on my merimobile order placed on 31.1.13 was told would be posted on the 6.2.13 and have now been told 18.2.13 , not sure if to cancel or not , if I could find a root guide for the zre v955 I would order from deal extreme , they can't supply this phone rooted , I've only found a few sellers offering pre rooted.I've found some Chinese site talking about rooting this phone but just not easy to follow at all, Google translator doesn't translate some of the sites fully.

all Chinese businesses are on holiday until the 18th (Chinese new year)

as for rooting... as far as i am aware these can root most if not all ics (4.0) phones

unlockroot: http://www.unlockroot.com/ list of devices rooted so far > http://www.unlockroo...unlockroot3.php

Bin4ary: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1886460

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
So there's a good chance this should root a zte v955 and then can install titanium , remove unwanted Chinese apps and add play store , yes know about Chinese holidays and thats why I was chasing them to get it sent out before , so feel let down by merimobiles, see a few quad core phones appearing on the Chinese sites but costing around $250 to $300 and not the $160 we were let to believe . I'm bit unsure if to cancel and wait for the quad cores to break the $200 price range

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,871 posts

So there's a good chance this should root a zte v955 and then can install titanium , remove unwanted Chinese apps and add play store , yes know about Chinese holidays and thats why I was chasing them to get it sent out before , so feel let down by merimobiles, see a few quad core phones appearing on the Chinese sites but costing around $250 to $300 and not the $160 we were let to believe . I'm bit unsure if to cancel and wait for the quad cores to break the $200 price range

you should definitely cancel your order for now and get a refund, as Paypal only cover you for up to 45 days from purchase,
so if you don't claim within those 45 days you could lose out

you can get it cheaper from here £92.11
http://www.trustonbu...-gps-p-976.html
they have live chat and accept Paypal, i'm considering using them my self

grabster

grabster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
My umix1 is now with parcelforce so it should hopefully arrive today.
Ordered with fastcardtech on the 1st feb.

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

you should definitely cancel your order for now and get a refund, as Paypal only cover you for up to 45 days from purchase,

Think I've got to open a account to go through to checkout to find shipping costs, its a good price thou

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,871 posts

Think I've got to open a account to go through to checkout to find shipping costs, its a good price thou

standard shipping is free, or you can pay extra for services like DHL
http://www.trustonbu....html?chapter=0

if you add the item to the shopping cart then click on "1 item" in top left corner, then you should see an estimate shipping button

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,871 posts
anyone who gets the umi x1 will find this xda thread very handy
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2114292

love the way they have managed to re-partition the internal storage to allow 2.5GB for app install's by shrinking the emulated sdcard to 80mb :)

this is perfect for people with a large external sdcard

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Devices:huawei

looks like a decent price for phone, has anyone got this some reviews would be nice!

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
I am still looking for a g300 upgrade, dont want to spend more than the £100, i like the juyu g3 but seems a bit heavy as someone mentioned earlier, xuimi x2 looks good but camera sticks out a bit on the back. the only one that is in the my price range the zte v955 but has a small ram, can anyone recommend a worthy upgrade?

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

I am still looking for a g300 upgrade, dont want to spend more than the £100, i like the juyu g3 but seems a bit heavy as someone mentioned earlier, xuimi x2 looks good but camera sticks out a bit on the back. the only one that is in the my price range the zte v955 but has a small ram, can anyone recommend a worthy upgrade?

You are never going to get a good phone if you are too fussy. The Jiayu g3 is a little chunky, but it is a massive improvement compared to the G300.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

You are never going to get a good phone if you are too fussy. The Jiayu g3 is a little chunky, but it is a massive improvement compared to the G300.

yes i guess its asking too much , i could up my budget a little!

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

yes i guess its asking too much , i could up my budget a little!

I would wait for the Jiayu G4. That's the phone i'm gonna buy, definitely. I'm probably going to create a custom ROM for it too if it gets root and CWM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users