Swype Issues

Guest kiwijunglist

Guest kiwijunglist

Hi

Model: U8815

Baseband: 2030

Android: 4.0.3

Rom: Sotck B936

When I'm using swype it frequently messes up my swype and turns a single word swype into multiple nonsensical words. My theory is that something is causes the touch sensor to tell swype that my finger has lost contact with the screen for a few milliseconds that messes up my swype. Does anyone have this problem?

I'm wondering if it's a fault with the screen or if chanigng rom might help?

The problem happens randomly sometimes swype will be perfect and sometimes it will be unusable and I will have to wait go back and reswype an entire sentence.

I'm also wondering if an overclock might fix it, is there a tool that will monitor cpu useage so I can see if cpu is being maxed out while txting?

Thanks

Kiwi

Edited by kiwijunglist

Guest TangerineTractor

I don't really get those issues. occasionally I get a word broken up, and I put it down to human error, or possibly a bit of moisture, maybe a damp fingertip...

Guest MrPuddington
When I'm using swype it frequently messes up my swype and turns a single word swype into multiple nonsensical words. My theory is that something is causes the touch sensor to tell swype that my finger has lost contact with the screen for a few milliseconds that messes up my swype. Does anyone have this problem?

I had the same kind of problems on the Stock ROM. Since I switched to CM9, all these problem are gone. Swype can still be a tad slow at times - new versions really ask for a faster CPU than the G300 can offer, but it works perfectly reliably now.

I had problems after updating to a newer version of Swype so I reverted to an older version. I do get similar problems though if my touchscreen is dirty or my fingers are wet.