[ICS] [REPACK] [4.0.3] B952 U8815 Worldwide release [ROM]

Guest Cyda

Here is a CWM repack of the new B952 worldwide release made available by Huawei today.

File: B952-WW-CWM-Repack.zip

MD5: 879e4db554b167cf1dfe1e8b84fed6a2

Download: here

This repack is completely unmodified and will therefore need rooting if required.

Root by flashing the Superuser zip (ARM version) from: http://androidsu.com/superuser/ (direct link)

Think I'll give this a quick blast and add Paul's kernel... will feed back later.

let me know how you get on with it , as i want to try it and see if its any better than b952 stock but can't until later tonight!

Well it IS 952 stock, so it might just have a few differences but there's not going to be anything major to differentiate.

thats what I thought so I'm reluctant to flash.

Guest TangerineTractor

Seems fine. Plain stock ICS, no branding, gapps and exchange email pre-installed.

Seems smooth and clean enouh. No issues with it. Installed Paul's kernal and overclocked to 1.19 no problem.

Not quite as slick as Stock+ 952 in my opinion, but certainly a more than adequate vanilla ICS rom.

Guest James Blond

On my G300 I had a B934 repack , phone rooted and CWM installed. Why Can I only install repack ROMs on the phone and no stock rom?

I tried first the stock ROM B952 from Huawei site both to flash the zip file and to install via dload folder (forced install and normal install). it failed all the time.

With your repack everything worked perfect.

Thank you!

Guest andypag

My phone has no CWM installed. Can I still install this from the sd card?

It has the vodafone version of ICS installed and is not rooted. At the moment for some reason my phone has stopped booting up at all. It just gets to the vodafone screen and then hangs. I'm hoping there is a way I can boot it from the SD card, but it's not clear to me if I can do that without having first installed CWM. Now that I can't get it to boot it's too late to install CWM.

If I hold the volume down key will that allow me to boot from the SD card?

The original update doesn't seem to be available on Huaweii website at the moment. I'm on a very slow connection, with regular power interruptions, so would love to find an FTP site to download from if anyone can help.

I'm downloading this file and it has an hour left to go. Hope I'm not downloading it for nothing.

Andy

Guest Hogweed

As I've said elsewhere first try booting with Volume-UP and Power button. If it gets to the Vodafone logo you haven't held Volume-UP for long enough. Remember to pull battery for 5 seconds first. When you do this do you see the recovery menu? If not then what do you see?

EDIT: And no, this repack from this thread will do you no good as you do not have CWM Recovery installed. You hopefully still have stock recovery though.

Edited by Hogweed

My phone has no CWM installed. Can I still install this from the sd card?

It has the vodafone version of ICS installed and is not rooted. At the moment for some reason my phone has stopped booting up at all. It just gets to the vodafone screen and then hangs. I'm hoping there is a way I can boot it from the SD card, but it's not clear to me if I can do that without having first installed CWM. Now that I can't get it to boot it's too late to install CWM.

If I hold the volume down key will that allow me to boot from the SD card?

The original update doesn't seem to be available on Huaweii website at the moment. I'm on a very slow connection, with regular power interruptions, so would love to find an FTP site to download from if anyone can help.

I'm downloading this file and it has an hour left to go. Hope I'm not downloading it for nothing.

Andy

Repacked roms are typically repacked to flash using cwm.

You can how ever flash update.app roms, but you are probably going to have to use either the middle package or imei hack to do so

Will it be better as a daily rom that this one I'm using please: [iCS] [REPACK] [4.0.3] B940 U8815 OTA release [ROM]

http://www.modaco.co...ta-release-rom/

My phone is rooted and has the latest CWM on - will it be a simple rom change

Thank you

Unless you are experiencing problems with B940 then there will boe no difference with this rom. All the stock updates are fixes for bugs etc and not necessarily improvements on ui as such

Tried to installed this after a full wipe and it gave me "Instalattion Aborted".. I had CM9 installed.. any idea why this is happening?

Try it again and after it fails have a look at the recovery log (I think its advanced > recovery log) and it should give you a clue why it failed.

Try it again and after it fails have a look at the recovery log (I think its advanced > recovery log) and it should give you a clue why it failed.

It said " I: Can't format unknown volume: /external_sd "

Why did this happen?