Help! How do I remove Super User app or at least hide it?

Guest Katharina

Guest Katharina

I have my omc unlocked and rooted thanks to instructions I have found here. Sadly the phone has a hardware fault and i need to return it to the store it was bought it. They will let me replace the phone rather than returning to Orange for a repair. However I have superuser installed. While I don't expect them to check through the phone too thoroughly I think its probably better if Super User isnt staring up from the app shelf. The phone isnt running a custom rom, What can I do to get rid of superuser without losing the unclock?

Edited by Katharina

Guest omegavesko
Does the 10min work of unlocking kills you? :) I'd rather get the phone to the very original state just to be sure that my warranty will be accepted.

Yeah, that's pretty much my point. Not to mention it's much easier to flash the stock TPT than to go through the effort of hiding root.

• 9 months later...
Guest hugobosslives

without superuser, root dissapears at first reboot. Or at least it should.

nah thats not correct

superuser is just an app that manages superuser rights

root abilities such as write to /system are still open to the correct methods as the root vulnerability still exists.

i agree that some apps will not be able to gain root access. but it will not unroot it