San Diego down to £99.99 plus £10 top up online

Guest Pondlife

Guest Pondlife

So if they have the same pricing in store it's a bargain, or if they eventually get them back in stock online at same price.. :)

Admittedly could be a wild goose chase.

Edit: Updated the title for you. flibblesan

Cheers :-)

Can now confirm in store too, not that the staff were aware of it, was told 3 different wrong prices in 2 different stores one of which initially claimed it was available on T-Mobile but sadly not.

Now waiting impatiently for it to charge, shortest charging lead I've had.

Edited by Pondlife

Guest BlueMoonRising

Wow, along with £12.12 from TopCashBack (£12 from QuidCo) that's damn cheap.

Mind you, you can still pay £169.99 and get a free WESC headphones set worth £90 on the same site which sounds counter-intuitive but you then can get £30.30 from TopCashBack or £30 from QuidCo.

So that would be £87.87 for the phone alone or £139.69 if you fancy the 'phones.

Anybody else feeling a little bit miffed?

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hmm, interesting. Just out of interest I ran it through as far as the checkout for the £99.99 option and it includes the headphones for free. Just £109.99 including top up.

Anyone fancy a bargain?

Edit :- minus the £12.12 from TopCashBack of course that would be £97.87.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest Pondlife

Cex were buying the headphones for £8 last I checked so aren't worth having at the high price. But as free at low price anyway... :)

Am wondering if this means it is being discontinued now and if there's a osd2 in the wings. Great value regardless

Is there anyway I can alter heading of thread?

Edited by Pondlife

Guest BlueMoonRising

Cex were buying the headphones for £8 last I checked so aren't worth having at the high price. But as free at low price anyway... :)

Am wondering if this means it is being discontinued now and if there's a osd2 in the wings. Great value regardless

Is there anyway I can alter heading of thread?

Lol, I was wondering about it being discontinued but I'm trying to be more positive (an early new years promise?) so decided not to be the first to bring it up.

I don't think you can change the heading, I was going to say something earlier but decided to spare your blushes ;)

Anybody else feeling a little bit miffed?

You can put me in the 'miffed' brigade, I just picked one up for £105 on ebay in a moment of craziness after seeing the 'unlock' guide on GiffGaff

Now I have to try and sell it after this price drop, or unlock with Orange, then it might be a serviceable replacement for my aging desire HD

Guest Simon O

£100 is a bargain price for any mid-range handset but for the San Diego it's amazing value.

I expect Orange found themselves with a load of unsold phones because the price was too high for a no-brand handset that is locked-down slightly and cannot be easily SIM unlocked. People would rather pay the same money on a Samsung even if the specs are worse. Although saying that you only have to look at places like hotukdeals where people are actually saying they would rather get a Samsung Galaxy Ace over this phone 0.o

Guest geoff1951

And to think that's what I paid for a San Francisco when that came out.

Still, for a 4" phone with everything it can do, I can't see much that'd beat the OSD at £50 dearer than they're asking now. Especially running Xolo ICS.

Guest Pondlife

GSMArena says no memory card slot. Is that correct?

Sort of.

It`s not active by default and not officially supported but....

There is one behind the back cover that can be accessed and using a patch on this site made to work too.

Edited by Pondlife

Guest Simon O

And to think that's what I paid for a San Francisco when that came out.

Still, for a 4" phone with everything it can do, I can't see much that'd beat the OSD at £50 dearer than they're asking now. Especially running Xolo ICS.

Only thing that would honestly beat this phone is the Galaxy Nexus and the cheapest you can pick one of those up is around £250 used.

Guest BlueMoonRising

For the orange San Diego there is not jelly bean, only ice cream sandwich.

If you meant the HTC one s, then yes there is

Although Jelly Bean is "promised" for the OSD, pretty sure it's on it's way but could be another month?

Guest BlueMoonRising

Does anybody have any idea about how long Intel intend to support the OSD (or Xolo X900)? Are we likely to see 4.2 or future versions?

4.1 seems to nailed on, after that is anyone's guess. But then again there is only Googles own nexus range which is guaranteed 4.2, absolutely no one else is at this time as far as I know.

Guest i am not a hacker

Well xolo have only the 3 devices to support and develop with so updates should be pretty fast. The company will probably remain supporting it for at least a year.

As for Intel, there are only 2 Intel devices at the moment so the OSD will be one of the main focuses. However, when more Intel phones get released,this will not receive updates. I could imagine that that will be late 2013.

Guest Biohead

Ordered one of these online yesterday. Would have preferred to go instore, but there's no guarantee of stock and I would've been running about making sure I get back in time for work.

The online chat advisor did say the headphone offer was expired, but the orange homepage, T&Cs etc still all advertise that offer. So I'm sure CS will be the first port of call if it arrives without them.

Quite looking forward to using a proper android handset. My only experience so far is with ICS on the HTC HD2, so not a fantastic experience.