Right then, as per Stu's suggestion here's how I set up my phone. You may not agree with this, or perhaps you have better suggestions, but here goes...
1) Full wipe and flash ROM
2) Install s2E
3) In s2e: menu> settings tick "mount as ext 4"
3) Reboot to recovery
4) Create ext partition (mine is 2gb), sawp 64mb
5) Not sure if this step is necessary, but CWM formats the ext partition as ext3, so I used minitool
to format it as ext4.
7) Open S2E make sure applications, paid apps, private apps and dalvik cache are checked. (everything but application data)
9) Settings> performance:
CPU frequency: Max 691, min unchanged.
Governor: Smartass 2
Set on boot is ticked.
Set on boot is checked
10) Settings> Developer options: tick "Disable hardware overlays"
11) Install SD Booster
> set cache to 2048KB. Tick "Set on boot"
Done. Now play with your phone and install stuff as per normal.
1) Google now shouldn't work at all on our blades, but it's been hacked so it works a little. Open google search to get it going.
2) As of today (20/01/2013) the bluetooth problems are a known issue with google and they'll be rolling our a fix ASAP
3) Disable google autobackup to save battery and (stupidly huge amounts of) data: settings> backup and restore> untick "Backup my data"
4) S2E basically makes your phone think it has more space than it actually does. Once it's installed you can ignore and forget about it. Don't manually move any apps to SD as S2E will do it automatically when you install stuff.