[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest reluctant_traveller

For people having issues with S2E, have you tried INT2EXT as posted on the xda site? There was a mention of it in one of these 10.1 ROM threads a while back; i'm currently using it on pac rom android version 4.2.2 and it works fine, My blade reports 512mb of /data.

Guest TigTex

Yeah, seems to happen on my other device as well. I've narrowed it down to some change between 23rd and 24th but I have no obvious suspect what might have caused it.

Thank you for confirming this bug.

One other interesting bug that I have, even after a full wipe, is this one. If anyone can also confirm it, please tell me.

This happens when you try to connect to a protected wireless network or when you modify a working network. This bug doesn't always happen to me.

The popup is completely misplaced and unreadable

Thank you ;)

post-812759-0-38300800-1364332438_thumb.

Guest elrond_bs

Yes, these are graphic glitches that happen sometimes in CM10 & CM10.1, I think it might be because they use hacks to achieve hardware acceleration. Rotate the phone to fix or close and return to the same window. It shouldn't happen very often.

Edited by elrond_bs

One other interesting bug that I have, even after a full wipe, is this one. If anyone can also confirm it, please tell me.

This happens when you try to connect to a protected wireless network or when you modify a working network. This bug doesn't always happen to me.

I am investigating this bug at the moment. It is most definitely connected to the DECIDE_TEXTURE_TARGET hack (which speeds up composition). It looks like SurfaceTexture sometimes confuses the TEXTURE_2D and TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES targets and tries to rebind a texture to the other target, which isn't allowed. A texture can only be bound to a single target. This usually appears in logcat:

E/Adreno200-ES20( 243): <qgl2DrvAPI_glBindTexture:642>: GL_INVALID_OPERATION

E/Adreno200-ES11( 243): <glEGLImageTargetTexture2DOES:469>: GL_INVALID_OPERATION

E/SurfaceTexture( 243): [InputMethod] updateTexImage: error binding external texture image 0x2916 (slot 1): 0x502

However, I can't seem to reliably reproduce this at all. It just happens... sometimes, and with various surfaces. I can't trigger it with the wifi configuration pane like some people. Where else are you guys and gals seeing it often?

Edited by Guest

Guest peetu20

I am investigating this bug at the moment. It is most definitely connected to the DECIDE_TEXTURE_TARGET hack (which speeds up composition). It looks like SurfaceTexture sometimes confuses the TEXTURE_2D and TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES targets and tries to rebind a texture to the other target, which isn't allowed. A texture can only be bound to a single target. This usually appears in logcat:

E/Adreno200-ES11( 243): <glEGLImageTargetTexture2DOES:469>: GL_INVALID_OPERATION

E/SurfaceTexture( 243): [InputMethod] updateTexImage: error binding external texture image 0x2916 (slot 1): 0x502

However, I can't seem to reliably reproduce this at all. It just happens... sometimes, and with various surfaces. I can't trigger it with the wifi configuration pane like some people. Where else are you guys seeing it often?

Hey, I know that bug in wifi settings too. The same bug comes when I do followin with any app:

I open the app, and I rotate the phone to landscape about 1sec after opening app. Then statusbar gets graph glitches like in screenshot on top. And the whole app stays black, until I go to home and access agai to the app. Seems that this happens while app is opening, and you try to rotate phone.

i meet this bug everyday with any app. But I have learned that I need to wait some secods before I can rotate i.d browser

Guest karololszak

However, I can't seem to reliably reproduce this at all. It just happens... sometimes, and with various surfaces. I can't trigger it with the wifi configuration pane like some people. Where else are you guys and gals seeing it often?

I get it often in YouTube. Launch YouTube (make sure it was closed last time, not "minimized" like when you press home, not back), choose any video and rotate it (to landscape) right after it starts playing, then back to portrait - green and other colors should appear on the top of the screen.

Guest bankov

Thank you ;)

Im not complaning about it, just wanna report the same bug i use 4.1.2 daemond rom, and also i notice after full wipe this glich happens every time in whatsapp when starting for first time.Not big drama for me, but if could be fixed it will be great.

Guest robreid

Anyone else experiencing really bad battery drain on this release? I'm not sure what the problem is because the last version had really good battery life for me and the only change I have made is from Link2SD to S2E. Any help would be much appreciated.

Guest khadu

most of the time it appears on wifi settings, but also sometimes when after a boot ,the lockscreen is seen in the status bar and blank screen area, only when pattern unlock is selected.

Guest tulpina

Hi guys and thanks for the work!

I found a serious bug for me:

After clean install, wipe everything, i installed from play store Google Maps. If I use Maps first it works ok but after leaving app 3G doesn't work. Browser stalls and after a while the 3G signal (connection) is down. Reboot the phone and works normal.

This is show stopper for me.

Please help!

Using latest build and Blade gen 2.

Edit: wifi off all the time, google apps installed in CWM when ROM was installed, after 3G/HSDPA fail i was trying airplane mode & back but no effect until phone is restarted.

IT SEEMS A GPS-3G bug, if GPS is off and Maps is using only network localisation it's ok, no 3G fail.

Edited by tulpina

Guest zamiere

So if somebody ask more info about an undocumented feature, will banned, and the community can be rude with him. Can you remove this pie thing in the next release? I don't like it. Unnecessary and only appears once from hundreds of try. If I want to play a game I will download one.

DSP gone away on high CPU load, what can we do?

Battery drain problem seems solved in this release (with turned off haptic and audio event feedbacks and using link2sd).

Edited by zamiere

Guest KonstaT

Whining about pie options is wasting time. cata simi: Please stop that and solve problems by yourself!

@Cata_Simi

Yes, stop whining & trolling or you'll get ban.anas.

At least get the troll's nickname right if your going to feed him/her. :P

Yeah, it seems that it was this commit that caused it.

[/code]

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've figured out. I think also Ganster looked into this at some point. It might be as simple as moving that one glDisable() outside the ifdefs (or just in case glDisable() both modes before glEnable() when using DECIDE_TEXTURE_TARGET). The thing is that now it's how it is in the original CAF ICS commit and this was never an issue on ICS. But like said, there's no reliable way to reproduce this. I'm running DECIDE_TEXTURE_TARGET on both of my devices and I've seen this issue like three times this year.

So if somebody ask more info about an undocumented feature, will banned, and the community can be rude with him. Can you remove this pie thing in the next release? I don't like it. Unnecessary and only appears once from hundreds of try. If I want to play a game I will download one.

You'd have to have been here longer to understand. User I was referring to is a known troll and he/she has already used several fake profiles with similar nicknames as actual forum members.

Clearly you have no idea what CyanogenMod is. I don't generally add or remove features and I'm not even supposed to. Great, you don't want to use pie controls. Is unticking the settings box too difficult for you?

Guest peetu20

At least get the troll's nickname right if your going to feed him/her. :P

Yeah, it seems that it was this commit that caused it.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've figured out. I think also Ganster looked into this at some point. It might be as simple as moving that one glDisable() outside the ifdefs (or just in case glDisable() both modes before glEnable() when using DECIDE_TEXTURE_TARGET). The thing is that now it's how it is in the original CAF ICS commit and this was never an issue on ICS. But like said, there's no reliable way to reproduce this. I'm running DECIDE_TEXTURE_TARGET on both of my devices and I've seen this issue like three times this year.

You'd have to have been here longer to understand. User I was referring to is a known troll and he/she has already used several fake profiles with similar nicknames as actual forum members.

Clearly you have no idea what CyanogenMod is. I don't generally add or remove features and I'm not even supposed to. Great, you don't want to use pie controls. Is unticking the settings box too difficult for you?

I can swear that his/her name were cata simi earlier....

His so childish..

Guest peetu20

He/she has both nicks Cata_Simi & Sata_Cimi

But pls stop that.!!!!!! :angry2:

Thats right!

Lets try to use brains, and talk about things what are suitable here

Guest khadu

Great work konstaT

Pie controls not work for me :angry:

get a life dude, rather than spending all day on this forum with fake id's and useless ques. that tell others how dumb u are

Guest Cata_Simi

Well that is not entirely true, he/she copied my nickname (cata_simi) to Sata_Cimi and My profile picture and keeps trolling and refered to my posts sometimes. I reported him several times!

I am trying to be as serious and helping as posible. You can follow my posts (not Sata_Cimi's)

Now I hope to not get banned for this but once you identify him, He can be funny sometimes

Edited by Cata_Simi

Guest peetu20

Well that is not entirely true, he/she copied my nickname (cata_simi) to Sata_Cimi and My profile picture and keeps trolling and refered to my posts sometimes. I reported him several times!

I am trying to be as serious and helping as posible. You can follow my posts (not Sata_Cimi's)

Now I understand,,

This sata cimi seems to be some troll. Good that you reported of him/her!

Guest Alex Dimitri Song Billong

Hey guys. Loving the latest iteration of this rom. Great work Konsta.

My only problem is Evernote is now showing as incompatible in the play store for me. Any suggestions?

Guest Simon O

Guys, if you don't like a users post then ignore the user and report the post. Replying just makes you as bad as the troll.

Post have been removed.. again <sigh>

Guest WiiSky70

@Konstat

Hey konstat and hi to everyone on the Blade Community :P !

So i have an ZTE Blade (Gen1 that i've upgraded to Gen2) which is running the good old Swedish Snow ROM , but since JB ROM's have been vastly improved and with few to none bugs , i wan't to upgrade my Blade from 2.3.5 directly to 4.2.2 .

BUT , i need to change to partitions and i don't know how to do that . Can you help me with the upgrade process Konstat?