[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest MinaItse

I also got a question concerning latinime.apk. I wanna shrink it by deleting unneeded dictionaries and etc.

Custom tpt from here works very good with this rom too, 160mb system and 2mb cache, and has well enough free memory for apps, 295mb; so if european 512mb gen1/2 blade. Just notice, when u can use that. And remember to clear cache when installing rom, or u surely otherwise face some problems.

Edited by MinaItse

Guest MinaItse

Another question: Any way to get the voice search from homescreen working? Maybe by redirecting that link to the normal search app instead of google now search app? I have always liked that feature in CM9...

Look in apps, Voice Search app is included with this rom, it works and does the same. And make sure that mobile data connection is on, while that voice recognition uses google's webservers.

Edited by MinaItse

Guest snakewhisper

Hey Konstat, amazing port, thanks for keeping our blades alive :D

I installed the rom as soon as BT was working (thanks Ganster)

BT is working with my handfree car BT

Youtube HD is also working

Trebuchet seems to work even faster than in in cm10

No reboots so far

Camera didn't show any glitches

Changing pages in the lockscreen widgets it's not really smooth tough but nothing i can't live with since i dont use it :)

The only problem i had was viewing videos in the gallery, thumbnails for the videos don't show, it only plays the sound keeping the screen dark, forcing me to take out the battery. When using and external player everthing plays as expected.

Thanks again, your the best :D

Guest matcho13579

Just installed CM 10.1. Very first impression was WOW, I have the newest Android version in my phone :)

Second impression was: Dammit, BT not working. It just needed a reboot and everything is fine now :)

google search FC everytime...

im i missing something...

Changing pages in the lockscreen widgets it's not really smooth tough but nothing i can't live with since i dont use it :)

yeah a very unwelcome addition in 4.2

Guest deksman2

Just installed the ROM and works fine for the most part.

Except...

With the ability to 'force GPU rendering' gone, numerous applications are noticeably less responsive in scrolling.

I read that KostaT decided to remove access to these settings (seeing how most people apparently didn't use it), but is there a way to bring it back so I can access these settings myself (seeing how I was frequently using them)?

Edited by deksman2

Installed it a few days ago when I saw bluetooth was implemented. I must say this is the smoothest rom for the blade so far, the feel is just incomparable with anything else I've tried. great job konstat and everyone else developing this.

edit: I found lockscreen widgets to be a bit unresponsive too, but I don't find this feature useful at all so I disabled them with lockscreen policy app.

Edited by sharix

Guest fatsozteblade

Just installed the ROM and works fine for the most part.

Except...

With the ability to 'force GPU rendering' gone, numerous applications are noticeably less responsive in scrolling.

I read that KostaT decided to remove access to these settings (seeing how most people apparently didn't use it), but is there a way to bring it back so I can access these settings myself (seeing how I was frequently using them)?

http://bit.ly/101QQVJ

For those like me who had issues with the lockscreen keypad (only the upper half of each digit is displayed), here's a flashable zip which should solve the issue, based on the framework-res.apk file present in KonstaT's last release (12.01).

The keys are now smaller, but totally visible.

Attention: I'm not referring to the sim pin keypad, but to the lockscreen keypad - provided you chose that security option.

This is a very modest correction originally meant for myself only, but as others had the issue I thought I'd share...

In case the flash fails to work just reflash the rom, it should get your blade back to normal.

Edited by Guest

For those like me who had issues with the lockscreen keypad (only the upper half of each digit is displayed), here's a flashable zip which should solve the issue, based on the framework-res.apk file present in KonstaT's last release (12.01).

The keys are now smaller, but totally visible.

What digit ate you talking about...

The clock widget?

Guest Pau Tantan

I would ask for a lag free keyboard.

I tried stock keyboard, Smart Keyboard Pro, Swiftkey 3, Go Keyboard, Swype... but i can't find a lag free keyboard :(

Guest Ganster

I tried stock keyboard, Smart Keyboard Pro, Swiftkey 3, Go Keyboard, Swype... but i can't find a lag free keyboard :(

Did you try disable spell check in input settings? It works slow on our devices, and slowdown input.

What digit ate you talking about...

The clock widget?

Nope. I'm referring to the security feature which, when you enable it, asks for a pin code to unlock your device.

This keypad is different from the sim pin keypad, and it happens that its digits aren't displayed correctly in the default build.

Guest thanasis00

i experience only one problem with bluetooth a2dp. i successfully paired my sony ericsson bluetooth handsfree with the first try. But when i turned bt off and on on the mobile, it found the headset, paired with it, but couldn't connect to it (could not play music or make phonecalls). I have to manually unpair them, reboot the phone and pair them again to make it work. So that happens everytime i want to pair me bt headset.

Is there anyone else with this issue?

Guest matcho13579

Little problem over here - I set a specific ringtone on the one of my contacts, but it doesn't work...Ringtone is an mp3 file and was set with ES File Explorer

Edited by matcho13579

google search FC everytime...

im i missing something...

yeah a very unwelcome addition in 4.2

Download 'Lockscreen Policy' from Play Store to get rid of those potentially useful but not really sidescreens in the lock-screen. Also, any progress on finding the solution to make the size of pattern unlock larger?

Pau, try finding 'Android-4.2-LatinIME-ARMv6.zip' somewhere. Its made by KonstaT. Its a very good keyboard. Totally lag free.

Guest Ganster
i experience only one problem with bluetooth a2dp. i successfully paired my sony ericsson bluetooth handsfree with the first try. But when i turned bt off and on on the mobile, it found the headset, paired with it, but couldn't connect to it (could not play music or make phonecalls). I have to manually unpair them, reboot the phone and pair them again to make it work. So that happens everytime i want to pair me bt headset.

Is there anyone else with this issue?

Hmm, interesting report. May be something wrong with MAC-address setting/getting mechanism. But I haven't working handsfree...can you send me logcat of all process?

Edited by Ganster

Guest Pau Tantan

Pau, try finding 'Android-4.2-LatinIME-ARMv6.zip' somewhere. Its made by KonstaT. Its a very good keyboard. Totally lag free.

It isn't the same which this ROM has by default?

BTW, KonstaT removed it from mediafire.

Edited by Pau Tantan

Been using this rom for the last 2 days and it seems to be working great. Thank you Konstat!

One issue though... JVentura mms fix is not implemented on this ROM yet, right?

Thank you

edit:

Another glitch... even if i have selected only 2G... sometimes when I enable Data... it turns on as 3G... or at least the icon says so.

Edited by Rockas