[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

I've installed Google Play Music from the Play Store, but I when I try to run I get "Unfortunately, Google Play Music has stopped.'

Anyone else have this problem, or have a solution? Do I need to move it into the System folder?

Also, has anyone managed to update Google Now to the latest verison, or got the Google Ears widget installed?

Bump... Can anyone help or offer advice, please?

Guest huibuhh

It was repeated many times for CM10 and now here. Google Now will not work from any other icons/shortcuts/widgets except from Voice Search. So you can't press any mic icons - they won't work. That's the way the hack works, otherwise no Google Now at all.

Maybe i get it wrong but doesn't this raise the questions

- why is the none working .apk still included if it does no favour at all?

- can't the widgets (desktop search bar e.g.) be 'hacked' so they point to the working .apk?

Apart from that, when in CM9 i asked voice search "How high is the Eiffel Tower?" a google search was started immediately. In 10 and 10.1 i have to click the loupe button after my question was recognized. Is this supposed to be this way?

Guest elrond_bs

@ vNa5h : stop repeating your every question, it's very annoying and no one will answer you just for that. :angry:

Maybe i get it wrong but doesn't this raise the questions

- why is the none working .apk still included if it does no favour at all?

- can't the widgets (desktop search bar e.g.) be 'hacked' so they point to the working .apk?

- What makes you decide KonstaT included a non-working, redundant .apk in the ROM?? :D Are you a developer? Did you check the source code?

- if they could be hacked, they would already be! It is achievement that it works at all - Google Now is for ARM7 only (our phone is with ARM6 processor) and also proprietary app (no code).

Guest nemanjakrpovic

What do you mean by "enabled wma hw decoding"...because it dosent work? not without some app like bs player or vplayer, but it uses sw decoding. When i check hw decoding it crashes.

Edited by nemanjakrpovic

If you need to have Data enabled for MMS... that means internet traffic will be credited.

It should work without it... maybe jventura needs to find another fix for 4.2 :huh:

Edited by Rockas

Guest elrond_bs

What do you mean by "enabled wma hw decoding"...because it dosent work? not without some app like bs player or vplayer, but it uses sw decoding. When i check hw decoding it crashes.

Most likely you are trying to play video with unsupported video codec.

It works with MX Player and H/W (not H/W+) decoder. Your videos must be encoded with Xvid/Divx Simple profile (no B-frames) or x.264 Baseline profile. If not - player will crash or display picture will be bugged - unsupported video codec.

Edited by elrond_bs

If you need to have Data enabled for MMS... that means internet traffic will be credited.

It should work without it... maybe jventura needs to find another fix for 4.2 :huh:

I don't really know about other countries, but atleast here at Portugal, when i plug my sim card for the first time, it creates 2 APN's (Internet and MMS). If i leave it untouched, it consumes internet traffic, but since i only use Wireless connections, i deleted the Internet APN... which leaves me with only MMS APN, but it isn't enough alone... you need to turn data on to allow "packets" in.... but that doesn't consume anything here... it's free.

Hi,

Thanks KonstaT for all your hard work. I've used your 2.3, 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 versions and they've been fantastic for the blade. You're a clever man!

My comments on the community on modaco is... be nice to each other. You're a harsh bunch sometimes. As an IT professional, I use many forums and this one is possibly the meanest I've come across. I understand about the frustration of non-techy newbies, but a little patience will go a long way; they've got to start somewhere. And on that front, perhaps you nice people might be able to help me with the following? :-)

I'm getting good performance from this 12.01 ROM and I have worked my way through any problems that have come up so far. But I have encountered a blank/black screen (with LED lights lit up) quite regularly when resuming from sleep. I can tell the phone is still on as the lights turn on when I press the power button and go off when I press the power button again. The only way to get round it is to remove the battery and boot up again.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have TPT v10 custom (2mb cache, 160mb system, 294mb data). I have wiped system/cache before flashing the ROM each time.

P.S. Yes, I have read every page of this topic, and noticed someone on p.8 had the problem as well but there was no outcome to it.

Thanks in advance :-)

Jim

Guest jpdoliveira

Hi,

Thanks KonstaT for all your hard work. I've used your 2.3, 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 versions and they've been fantastic for the blade. You're a clever man!

My comments on the community on modaco is... be nice to each other. You're a harsh bunch sometimes. As an IT professional, I use many forums and this one is possibly the meanest I've come across. I understand about the frustration of non-techy newbies, but a little patience will go a long way; they've got to start somewhere. And on that front, perhaps you nice people might be able to help me with the following? :-)

I'm getting good performance from this 12.01 ROM and I have worked my way through any problems that have come up so far. But I have encountered a blank/black screen (with LED lights lit up) quite regularly when resuming from sleep. I can tell the phone is still on as the lights turn on when I press the power button and go off when I press the power button again. The only way to get round it is to remove the battery and boot up again.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have TPT v10 custom (2mb cache, 160mb system, 294mb data). I have wiped system/cache before flashing the ROM each time.

P.S. Yes, I have read every page of this topic, and noticed someone on p.8 had the problem as well but there was no outcome to it.

Thanks in advance :-)

Jim

I was having the same problem. Usualy waiting would get off the black screen and show the lockerscreen. But the wainting was sometimes realy long.

So i flashed with data, factory reset, format system and all the wipes on dalvik and cache. and since then i didnt get it anymore.

Guest KonstaT

Im looking for the 4.2 ARMv6 keyboard as well.

KonstaT please upload it back mediafire. :)

No, there's no need for that. It's basically the same keyboard that comes with this ROM (just without some CM translations and additional layouts).

A in wma stands for audio and it works just fine (just open a sound clip using e.g. included file manager). Wmv video clips won't play using hw decoders...

Guest merc1800k

pls someone answer me??

still this rom work very slow to me...lagg at all screens !!!!

where am i wrong??? (the other android 10 konstan rom (8/1) work perfect)

someone to help me??/

Guest alaa ahmedy

KonstaT

u r great man and very clever

please can i ask you some question>>>

1:How to enable word (((waiting))) like Nokia when I call someone who is already in another call and he active call waiting serves.

like this photo

918085630.png

2:Is there a way or application you run songs during a call .. And the other can hear it with me ?

Plz King KonstaT >>>(help and answer me plz plz plz) :( :( :(

Awesome work! I've been using this rom to replace 2.3.7. There is a significant performance decrease, but that is expected, cyanogenmod10.1 is still under heavy development and I thank every developer for their work.

I'm here just to ask if anyone is having problems with screen not turning on, only the hard buttons backlight is on, but the screen backlight remains off. I'm trying to diagnose it via adb but I can't reproduce this bug frequently enough. To solve this problem, usualy removing battery or blind shutdown/rebooting the device works. Anyone had this problem?

merc1800k, did you made a full wipe? (format /data /system /cache /boot) before installing the rom? and you have at least a 160mb partition? isn't the lag caused by a running app?

Guest balinha

set the cpu governor to smartassv2 and maximum cpu frequency to 652mhz

then set the i/o scheduler to sio or vr. With this settings you must have a good performance

Edited by balinha

I don't really know about other countries, but atleast here at Portugal, when i plug my sim card for the first time, it creates 2 APN's (Internet and MMS). If i leave it untouched, it consumes internet traffic, but since i only use Wireless connections, i deleted the Internet APN... which leaves me with only MMS APN, but it isn't enough alone... you need to turn data on to allow "packets" in.... but that doesn't consume anything here... it's free.

Yes... I know... I am portuguese too ;-)

But I do need internet access as well... in a daily basis... your solution is no good for me.

jventura fixed this problem for CM7 and CM10... let's see if something comes out for 10.1 as well :-)

Guest Brigandt

Hello, i have a question.

I did a full wipe of my blade before installing this 4.2 rom.

But now when i want to use rom manager 5.5.1.5 to reboot and install the new rom, it gives the message: "Unfortunately, Rom manager has stopped".

With the 4.1 rom it worked perfectly.

I re-wiped the phone and reinstalled the rom using recovery.

The rom itself works great, i can even use bluetooth, but rom manager wont install a rom when choosing the option: "install rom from sd card"

Did i do something wrong or missed something when flashing?

Do i have to format my sd card?

Or is there a certain setting i have to use?

Guest merc1800k

Awesome work! I've been using this rom to replace 2.3.7. There is a significant performance decrease, but that is expected, cyanogenmod10.1 is still under heavy development and I thank every developer for their work.

I'm here just to ask if anyone is having problems with screen not turning on, only the hard buttons backlight is on, but the screen backlight remains off. I'm trying to diagnose it via adb but I can't reproduce this bug frequently enough. To solve this problem, usualy removing battery or blind shutdown/rebooting the device works. Anyone had this problem?

merc1800k, did you made a full wipe? (format /data /system /cache /boot) before installing the rom? and you have at least a 160mb partition? isn't the lag caused by a running app?

sure all wipe/format etc....my partition is 220 mb..no app running (i think)