Photo

[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

* * * * * 69 votes

3450 replies to this topic

TigTex

TigTex

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer and ZTE Blade
the maximum frequency that the blade can run is different for every phone. For example, I can run my phone at 690mhz and others at 760mhz. If you put 844, your phone will instantly crash and if the "apply on boot" box is checked, you will need to wipe data and loose all settings to be able to use your blade again.

Short answer, no, you need to find what's stable to you. start increasing speed until you have force closes and/or reboots. If you don't know what overclocking is, don't do it!

.::. TigTex .::.

keyboardshortcut

keyboardshortcut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:zte blade

hey sir?.. can i use 844mhz as my maximum frequency?

Don't do it buddy, your netphone 701 will be dead soon if you use that. It will also shorten its lifespan, (or is it really your intention to do so. :D)

vNa5h

vNa5h

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Devices:Dell XCD35 (ZTE Blade)
One min ...i was playing DH poker...next min got a random reboot(nothing special usual like always which i get everytime while playing games no matter what rom)...btw no OC...default settings
....do u guys get such reboots...

But this time after reboot lost all my apps...

not complaing ...but want to know what can be the problem...
i guess s2e is the culprit...

EDIT : Another reboot solved the issue...
the ext partition failed to mount last time...

Edited by vNa5h, 22 January 2013 - 09:25 AM.

Dell XCD35 a.k.a ZTE Blade a.k.a Orange San Fransisco

Powered by

CM10.1 KonstaKANG, Soundmagic PL11 earphones, Samsung class 6 16GB

Apps installed

TV Shows / Movies .....I have watched....

vNa5h

vNa5h

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
btw the random reboots are not just during games or processor intensive apps..
it is random....
i get such reboots @ an average of 2reboots /day...
not just this rom...almost all the roms

since others are not having the same issues ...i guess this might be my phones problem
any idea what might be the problem..any app 'misbehaving'??

PS : IM NOT COMPLAINING...
making it clear enough for u guys...just want to know the reason...
pl no "This ROM is mainly for developers/testers/advanced users" replies

also no OC...default perf settings

Edited by vNa5h, 22 January 2013 - 08:12 AM.

Powered by

Apps installed

sylkyls

sylkyls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
@ vNa5h: Maybe youre SDcard is corrupted, try CM7 without sd-card. If it works: try with another sd-card, if not: try another sim-card (I already saw a sim-card make a phone unstable).
If you don't have any improve: youre phone has a HW problem...

_Nuno_

_Nuno_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Libra (Sapo a5)

One min ...i was playing DH poker...next min got a random reboot(nothing special usual like always which i get everytime while playing games no matter what rom)...btw no OC...default settings
....do u guys get such reboots...

This happened to me a lot with every ROM I tried. I think the problem lies in a S2E/microSD combination.
If I don't use S2E (or link2sd), everything runs smoothly. While using S2E/link2sd I tested 4 different microSD brands and two of made my phone very unstable (Transced 8GB class 4 & Sandisk 16GB class 4). The other two are fine (no brand -- Kingston?? -- 2GB and 16GB class 4).

Edited by _Nuno_, 22 January 2013 - 09:54 AM.

vNa5h

vNa5h

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

This happened to me a lot with every ROM I tried. I think the problem lies in a S2E/microSD combination.
If I don't use S2E (or link2sd), everything runs smoothly. While using S2E/link2sd I tested 4 different microSD brands and two of made my phone very unstable (Transced 8GB class 4 & Sandisk 16GB class 4). The other two are fine (no brand -- Kingston?? -- 2GB and 16GB class 4).

so it means something might be wrong with the ext partitioning??
since u say both link2sd/s2e caused the reboots...

lin2sd needs ext too i guess
i guess the only way to test this is to have the apps on sd card without the ext partition & link2sd/s2e....

see if the issue repeats

Edited by vNa5h, 22 January 2013 - 10:11 AM.

Powered by

Apps installed

wmbandroid

wmbandroid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi. Can i switch off lock screen widgets? how? if not, can i at least switch off camera widget? because those widgets are working slow/laggy, especially camera.
sometimes it turns on by itself when i have it in my pocket and it eats battery:/

does someone also have problems with video recording?

xlcazale

xlcazale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello folks,

I have now switched from CM10 to CM10.1 latest build (20130119).
Generally very happy with the ROM. Thanks again to KonstaT

I have been struggling with music playback controls (even with my previous 20130108 CM10 build):

1) My number one wish would be to have headset control (short click = next and long click = previous).
I have tried all kinds of apps (headset button controller, jays, klipsch, droidshuffle, headset interceptor,...) and with all of them I can't get double/multiple clicks to work properly, hence my wish to rely on longclick which used to work on CM9)
I know the long click is now highjacked by Voice search which is a bummer. I know this is not linked to this specific ROM so I am by no means complaining ;)
I found the below thread:
http://forum.xda-dev...00&postcount=38
explaining how to cheat and make the centre headset button appear as a 'right' button.
I could not manage to make it work (blade doesn't seem to have the same files as listed in the thread).
- Has any of you tried it with success ?
- Anyone willing to give me a hand ?

2) My next option would be to use volume button to skip previous/next is ticked but although being ticked in the ROM settings, it does not seem to respond. I had the same issue on CM10: it was intermittent at best after some reboot.
- Any of you got more success with this than me ?

3) My last resort is using home & back buttons but that requires the screen to be switched on first. It works but is not as nice as the above.

Thanks for the help.

Xavier

Ogami Itto

Ogami Itto

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade/CM10.1 by KonstaT

Hi. Can i switch off lock screen widgets? how? if not, can i at least switch off camera widget? because those widgets are working slow/laggy, especially camera.
sometimes it turns on by itself when i have it in my pocket and it eats battery:/

As KonstaT mentioned earlier in this thread, have a look at "Lockscreen Policy" on Google Play. It's free and lets you choose whether you want these damn widgets to be active or not.

jpblade

jpblade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
A few days after using 19.1 I can say that it is awesome and very beautiful enviroment. The only problem is the battery. It doesn't last as long as with 2.2 Froyo

Mike69pt

Mike69pt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hello all,

i know i am just a noob when it comes to android, but would this be of any use for our sd cards?
http://reboot.pro/to...s-test-version/

sharix

sharix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

is 15% battery drain overnight normal? Phone was idle, screen turned off, wifi, data and BT all off.

Mine loses about 2% in airplane mode overnight.

I'm happy to say that battery usage seems to have improved after some reboots.

lucazade

lucazade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Working:
  • Bluetooth (& bt-tethering?)
Bluetooth works but only partially... if I pair the phone with my car stereo I can stream music but I can't retrieve the Artist and Title of the current song.
Also I can't use the loudspeaker of the car stereo via bluetooth.

Are these known issues? In previous roms (cm7/cm9/cm10) they worked correctly.
Thanks

ddudas

ddudas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

As KonstaT mentioned earlier in this thread, have a look at "Lockscreen Policy" on Google Play. It's free and lets you choose whether you want these damn widgets to be active or not.

BTW with lockscreen policy the thin-hour clock is the default fallback, CM source should change it to Chronus.

sharix

sharix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Working:

• Bluetooth (& bt-tethering?)
1) Bluetooth works but only partially... if I pair the phone with my car stereo I can stream music but I can't retrieve the Artist and Title of the current song.
2) Also I can't use the loudspeaker of the car stereo via bluetooth.

Are these known issues? In previous roms (cm7/cm9/cm10) they worked correctly.
Thanks

1) I have the same problem, it just says "ZTE Blade".
2) Haven't tried, can't confirm.

Edited by sharix, 22 January 2013 - 04:08 PM.

spinozagr

spinozagr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
What would be best for my Blade with this ROM?
Move Application Data to my SD-ext4 partition or move Dalvik cache there to free up some space? Or both of them?
Because I am already out of space!

Anttix

Anttix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:@anttix
I also have the random reboot thing, but I've had it since I had the phone. I shall investigate a new sim though, as my current one is over 6 years old.

Unrelated, I have noticed an issue with ticking "Disable Hardware overlays". It becomes unticked on reboot (and my phone reboots a lot). Is this a bug or a design feature?

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
@ spinozagr : If you have lower class card (less than class 10) - better don't move either - buy a new card. Otherwise move dalvik cache and, if you use Link2SD, you can move dalvik cache only for less used and more simple apps, to avoid slowing down the demanding apps.

Edited by elrond_bs, 22 January 2013 - 11:10 PM.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

spinozagr

spinozagr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

@ spinozagr : If you have lower class card (less than class 10) - better don't move either - buy a new card. Otherwise move dalvik cache and, if you use Link2SD, you can move dalvik cache only for less used and more simple apps, to avoid slowing down the demanding apps.

May I use Link2SD with S2E that I have already installed at the same time? Or should I uninstall S2E?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users