[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Mrondo K

Hey KonstaT,

I have a suggestion. In your next update could you include a notifications icon in pie controls? So that one doesn't have to pull down the status bar to access them. This is the only thing stopping me from having expanded desktop enabled.

Regards.

Guest szpilasty
H/W decoding of xvid/divx will work only if the video is encoded with Simple profile (without B-frames), otherwise use software decoder. CM9 uses the same patch as CM10.

I understand, but for curiosity installed Eco CM9 and on the same files HW decoding is working fine (MX Player ARMv6), on CM10.1 no luck. Only choppy SW. Both systems - clean install, wiped everything properly. Where is my mistake?

Guest elrond_bs

I don't know what could it be then, it shouldn't happen, as they both use daemond's patch for video (may be he would know). Did you try with other player or in CM10, perhaps something in CM10.1 breaks it?

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest szpilasty
I don't know what could it be then, it shouldn't happen, as they both use daemond's patch for video (may be he would know). Did you try with other player or in CM10, perhaps something in CM10.1 breaks it?

In CM10.1 tried 3 different players - no H/W decoding. I think encoding isn't working as well. When using camcorder I have got movie with horizontal stripes/dividers? when something is moving faster.

I will downgrade and report.

Installed cm-10-20130328-NIGHTLY-blade - HW decoding is NOT working on avi files, HQ YouTube working fine. :-(

Edited by szpilasty

Guest peetu20

In CM10.1 tried 3 different players - no H/W decoding. I think encoding isn't working as well. When using camcorder I have got movie with horizontal stripes/dividers? when something is moving faster.

I will downgrade and report.

Installed cm-10-20130328-NIGHTLY-blade - HW decoding is NOT working on avi files, HQ YouTube working fine. :-(

cmon man use mp4 format

Guest szpilasty

I do not really need to use avi nor mp4, just trying to figure out what is wrong. On CM9 there is no problem with same files.

Just confirm or deny.

As this is developing forum we can make things better, right?

A big artists need to know when they need to stop fixing their work of art, at this point let's author decide. :-)

Guest szutsg

Hi!

I'm new here. I just want to thank to KonstaT for the great build (20130329).

My only problem is the camcorder. The recorded videos is always under 9 fps with any possible settings i can think of (ie: with lgCamera on 320x240).

I use stock camera app and lgCamera. Both gets the same laggy fps from the "camera module".

I was playing with media_profiles.xml for days, but as you guessed, the stock settings was almost the best :)

My cpu also was tweaked to 748 MHz btw. I've tested all IO schedulers also.

What's the reason someone could record at the "hyperspeed" 13 fps? :)

Here are some of my testvideos: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqXmHDbS8VNbKaPNl0MAW1Q

Edited by szutsg

Guest khadu

Hi!

I'm new here. I just want to thank to KonstaT for the great build (20130329).

My only problem is the camcorder. The recorded videos is always under 9 fps with any possible settings i can think of (ie: with lgCamera on 320x240).

I use stock camera app and lgCamera. Both gets the same laggy fps from the "camera module".

I was playing with media_profiles.xml for days, but as you guessed, the stock settings was almost the best :)

My cpu also was tweaked to 748 MHz btw. I've tested all IO schedulers also.

What's the reason someone could record at the "hyperspeed" 13 fps? :)

Here are some of my testvideos: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqXmHDbS8VNbKaPNl0MAW1Q

well as far as i know it an issue after gingerbread. my blade used to record videos at 15fps on cm 7.2 but now they are way too laggy.

Guest szpilasty
Yes, video recording sucks. There's tearing and the framerate is low, and this is a known issue. I'm not sure how this could be improved.

I pointed this few posts before. There's probably no HW encoding, and maybe related - no HW decoding in avi files.

Guest aermua

hi all

i have just updated my rom from CM 7 to this and it seems good.

i,m getting the old issue of when the headphone is connected, the ringtone and notifications are going to the headphones and not the phone speaker.

also there is no icon when the headphone is connected, is this normal?

any help on this please

i,m getting the old issue of when the headphone is connected, the ringtone and notifications are going to the headphones and not the phone speaker.

That's intentional. It doesn't appear to be possible to route these to both speaker and headphones. If you have headphones connected, you should be using them, so that's why everything is routed to headphones.

also there is no icon when the headphone is connected, is this normal?

Yes - the icon was useless anyway. :)

Guest aermua

That's intentional. It doesn't appear to be possible to route these to both speaker and headphones. If you have headphones connected, you should be using them, so that's why everything is routed to headphones.

Yes - the icon was useless anyway. :)

thanks for the reply.

not bothered about having the ringtone from both headset and speakerphone, just speakerphone would be great?

and icon thats no probs :)

Guest FaTaL_ErrOr

Is anybody using Next Launcher 3D? Whenever I' m trying to add a widget, the "Settings" crashes. Other Launchers work great on blade when adding widgets and Next Launcher runs also without this issue in my Nexus... Any ideas...?

Edited by FaTaL_ErrOr

Guest grigorin

ummm Actually im using latest build and i cant see my open ad-hoc wifi network, is it only limited to me or someone else is also facing this?

same for me

Guest KonstaT

Hey KonstaT,

I have a suggestion. In your next update could you include a notifications icon in pie controls? So that one doesn't have to pull down the status bar to access them. This is the only thing stopping me from having expanded desktop enabled.

Regards.

PIE controls are still very much work in progress. CM philosophy on PIE seems to be that it is meant as navigation bar replacement. You can only have buttons that you would normally have on your navbar.

I pointed this few posts before. There's probably no HW encoding, and maybe related - no HW decoding in avi files.

Both hw decoding and encoding works as well as it ever will. HW decoding on xvid/divx files on avi container only works if the video is encoded with simple profile (without b-frames). If there are some differences to CM9, you better as Ganster about it.

...something, something... ad-hoc

same for me

Did ad-hoc work in the previous build? There was some new ad-hoc patches added in the latest build.

I can still connect to ad-hoc networks but I haven't wiped in a long time. Actually I still have my laptops ad-hoc access point saved from months ago when I was still using wpa_supplicant_6 and the old hack. ;) It always worked even it was not supposed to. :P

Guest grigorin

Did ad-hoc work in the previous build? There was some new ad-hoc patches added in the latest build.

I can still connect to ad-hoc networks but I haven't wiped in a long time. Actually I still have my laptops ad-hoc access point saved from months ago when I was still using wpa_supplicant_6 and the old hack. ;) It always worked even it was not supposed to. :P

Did not use last build, so can't comment on that. For now I use daemond's ROM and ubuntu to set up my ad-hoc network - works just fine. When i tried your latest build my network was shown in wifi analyzer (app) but not in the wifi settings, if that helps.

Guest aermua

thanks for the reply.

not bothered about having the ringtone from both headset and speakerphone, just speakerphone would be great?

and icon thats no probs :)

hi all

any help on this, to hear the rington via the speakerphone when headset is connected.