Permanent desktop stock browser

For those who like stock browser like I do, there is a fix for permanent desktop mode. I am sure some of you know this already but I did not and I am sure others do not either.

Here is what you do:

Open stock browser address bar, type about:debug and press enter, nothing will happen but new settings are available, including user agent :)

Only one thing I have noticed is youtube still goes to mobile site, not sure why ?

Edit: seems it is not so permanent as it has reset after I restarted browser ;) although saving a page to bookmarks whilst in desktop keeps it that way.

After some more reading about this, it seems not possible on stock browser, but luckily it is with chrome with a data/local hack.

post-796032-0-57379400-1356095505_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Guest BlueMoonRising

For those who like stock browser like I do, there is a fix for permanent desktop mode. I am sure some of you know this already but I did not and I am sure others do not either.

Here is what you do:

Open stock browser address bar, type about:debug and press enter, nothing will happen but new settings are available, including user agent :)

Only one thing I have noticed is youtube still goes to mobile site, not sure why ?

Well I didn't know about it...

If you need to turn it off again do you enter the same 'address'?