22 replies to this topic

beautifulily

beautifulily

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent, LG T300
  • Twitter:@beautifulilies

Hopefully this will help others as it helped me. I'm running ICS on a TMobile Vivacity and Link2SD doesn't really work properly, I have created a 2nd partition on the sd-card which is ext3, but still the internal memory said it was only 30/40mb free. Made the phone pretty useless TBH.

Then I installed Mounts2SD (FYI - this is only for people who understand exactly what this is doing, it's a number of scripts that create symlinks on the ext2 partition).

Now I have 155mb FREE ALL the time, I have moved Applications, Data and Dalvik Cache to the memory card and can install pretty much as many apps as I want!

I do however have a 16GB Samsung Class 10 Micro SD card, so that helps with keeping the phone speedy.

I tried Links2SD again and I actually found it really helpful. I created a second partition on my SD card of about 500mb and Links2SD creates links automatically after every app I install so I don't have to worry about my phone memory.

pinky0978

pinky0978

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Devices:zte crescent, Huawei Y300
Just came across this thread, people on F&C need to remove the a2sd script from the rom zip file before flashing, can be done on the handset using zarchiver. Just open the zip file (DO NOT EXTRACT!), and remove any scripts from system/etc/init.d (firstboot, 00banner, etc) and then remove any files containing the word a2sd from system/bin and system/xbin. zarchiver will remove them leaving the zip intact (as will 7zip on pc). Reflash the modified rom, then flash int2ext (this version moves data to sd too, int2ext+ leaves data on internal, e.g. a 2gb sd partition will only fill up until the internal memory is full, wasting a good part of your partition - at least 1-1.2gb of sdext. if sdext is <=700mb then int2ext+ is fine.

dodgetimmy

dodgetimmy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent, HTC Desire
I'm pretty sure you can also just edit the init.d file to disable the script from running each boot.

You can do this on the phone itself using a text editor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users