newbie question G300, please go easy

Guest fned

Firstly hello to Modaco and welocme to all members.

I bought the phone a few month back and rooted & flashed it which took me 2-3 hrs but i was over moon that I managed to do it, I just followed a guide from here.

its now on Android Version 4.0.3

Baseband version 2030

Build number Legacy ICS 20121011

Kernel version 3.0.8-omegamoon-20120820 android@localhost #1

I want to upgrade the firmware so I need to reflash. thing is, I am totally confused as to which is my best option and a guide for upgrading. I looked on Modaco but its all abit confusing with all the different versions of firmware and ,

"You can only use this firmware on this phone ..............."

I did download the cm9 as I read its the most stable am I right in saying that ?,

and pointers would be great, links to an idiots guide and a good firmware would be really helpful. I'm not asking to be spoon fed just pointing in the right direction as I'm totally cconfused and I don't want to screw it up.

thanks guys , hope someone can help

Guest steddy1

Hi There, I was in exactly the same position as yourself a few months ago. But with a bit of help from some very helpful people I was soon swapping my firmware on

a regular basis. My distro of choice at the moment is CM10 purely because it does everything that I need it to do and more. Of course there are a few ittle problems

still to iron out but nothing like the problems with Huawei's own version of ICS. Your suspicion that CM9 is a good stable ROM is of course true so, if one day you are

feeling brave then, follow the advice on here download and install it and, like most of the people on here you will have a great big grin on your face the first time your

phone boots into it's shiny new ROM .............. :-)

Guest krishang3

Since you are rooted and having cwm installed and you are on my old ROM xD, all you have to do is choose a ROM you would like to try..

Download the preferred ROM, transfer the rom to your SD card.

Boot into cwm I'm sure you know how to do so, now choose wipe data / factory reset and and select yes...

Once done now choose Install .zip from SD card. And select your preferred rom, install it and reboot.

But note you should do a backup since your a newbie and something may go wrong, most likely won't...

I can't say which ROM is the best, for that you have to be the judge..

And also don't get confused when people state "you have to be on this firmware baseband 2030", if you are on legacy ICS, I'm sure that's 2030, because all ROMs being released are 4.0.3 above containing the new baseband "2030" so you don't have to worry about anything... if you need more help ask me and I'll be sure to help you out.. if you did not understand me clearly just notify me and I'll rephrase it all. Thanks : Krish

Edited by krishang3

thanks for the help , i managed to flash it to CyanogenMod version 10-20121215 only snag, the slide down at the top of main screen doesnt work. I cant quickly drag down to see missed calls or text from the icons. Is there a setting I have to activate for this or something ?.

Guest fuzzyy

There's a problem with the notification bar freezing and that sounds like what you've got - is the clock stuck?

You can fix it by restarting the phone, and stop it happening by ticking 'Disable HW Overlays' in Settings>Developer Options.

Guest kyan31
thanks for the help , i managed to flash it to CyanogenMod version 10-20121215 only snag, the slide down at the top of main screen doesnt work. I cant quickly drag down to see missed calls or text from the icons. Is there a setting I have to activate for this or something ?.

Why don't you just use CM9 until CM10 R3 comes out? CM9 is fully functional and bug free.