54 replies to this topic

xgt001

xgt001

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:Xolo X900

Bigger screen, higher resolution, more powerful processor so would expect it to use more, although will depend on backlighting levels too. Mind you the htc butterfly seems to do better than the One X.

He's doing well though seen people saying they get three and a half hours on N4

Naa an arm is an arm processor and even though if they manage quad cores it would not be giant power sucker. Although I concede with you to the screen factor consider that it is an IPS display it would consume less power. Correct me if I am wrong though

markhuges

markhuges

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

BetterBatteryStats doesn't work for me. It doesn't show any stats at all which is rather odd. Anyway all you really need to install is CPU Spy Plus from the Play Store.

Use CPU Spy Plus to ensure yo
These are the sort of battery life you should be able to achieve with normal usage:

(too lazy to resize the images. sorry)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I get a bad 3G signal here which is why there is no data showing when I took the screen shots. I turn wifi off when I don't need it.

How did you get your Screen to be only 44%? When i have brightness off fully its around 58%

Thank You

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF

How did you get your Screen to be only 44%? When i have brightness off fully its around 58%

Thank You

You're obsessed with screen on time, I've told you it's just a percentage. flibblesans would be higher but he's been using benchmarks and games. Just the 3 that I can see on the screenshot uses 7%, if he'd not used them he would be at 51% for the screen.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

markhuges

markhuges

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

You're obsessed with screen on time, I've told you it's just a percentage. flibblesans would be higher but he's been using benchmarks and games. Just the 3 that I can see on the screenshot uses 7%, if he'd not used them he would be at 51% for the screen.

Haha, true say Yeah :) just paranoid with that! other than that, its ok Kk, thanks for clearing it up.

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Devices:nexus 7
Yeah mine's only 18% screen but then screen has only been on for 47mins and off charge for 2d17hrs. Phone idle and standby have each used more than it...

Hpi_matrix

Hpi_matrix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
I dont seem to be getting anywhere near as good battery life as other people and certainly no where near as good as my omnia 7, this is only the 2nd time ive charged the phone though so will it get better after a couple more charges? The phone arrived to me with orange ICS and all ive done is switch to Xolo ICS, I leave everything on other then bluetooth. Is my battery duff?

Posted Image

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
Without knowing how long that screen has been on to use the 43% of the 27% used in 6hrs no one can really reach much in the way of a conclusion.
Looking at the awake times I'm guessing about 1.5-2 hours?

Edited by Pondlife, 06 January 2013 - 06:05 PM.

Hpi_matrix

Hpi_matrix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Without knowing how long that screen has been on to use the 43% of the 27% used in 6hrs no one can really reach much in the way of a conclusion.
Looking at the awake times I'm guessing about 1.5-2 hours?

I would guess the screen has been on 45 minutes at most, I havent done anything intensive on the phone and it certainly hasnt been on for 2 hours.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
Turn off everything you don't need at that moment, presuming you're rooted delete social gallery, it's a real battery hog. It won't do any harm to flatten your battery and fully charge it either although it may not be necessary nowadays.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Hpi_matrix

Hpi_matrix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Just wondering how my battery is comparing to others really, my signal keeps dropping so this phone will be returned anyway.

i am not a hacker

i am not a hacker

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade and Orange San Diego
If you are rooted get a battery calibration app and use it

Nexus 10
Orange San Diego

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
If you press in the area for screen on the battery page it will show screen on time.
Looking on the other items might show which has been keeping the phone awake

topcat07

topcat07

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
when i kill everything with the inbuilt task manager why do previously open apps continue to drain the battery at 1-3%, should they not be closed?

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

when i kill everything with the inbuilt task manager why do previously open apps continue to drain the battery at 1-3%, should they not be closed?

Which apps?

topcat07

topcat07

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
Google maps, google play and the browser but they are closed

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
Google maps will have relaunched as a background app unless you've actually disabled it. But are they continuing to use more power or is it just showing what they've already used?

topcat07

topcat07

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Google maps will have relaunched as a background app unless you've actually disabled it. But are they continuing to use more power or is it just showing what they've already used?

im not sure iam going into settings > battery

and it gives you % of screen etc does this show what is being used or what has been used?

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

im not sure iam going into settings > battery

and it gives you % of screen etc does this show what is being used or what has been used?

It's what HAS been used, press refresh and it'll change anyway.

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
Yeah it's what has been used since it was last charged. So they shouldn't be vanishing from the list, but should decrease in %age usage as other things use the battery.

topcat07

topcat07

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

It's what HAS been used, press refresh and it'll change anyway.

so it does so much to learn about android :ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users