Help needed downgrading

Guest GOlteanu

Guest GOlteanu

Hello guys,

I need a suggestion, or another way of downgrading from ICS B952 to GB B895. I've tried zeroing the IMEI 10 times, didn't work, tried the dload method, it didn't work....

I've managed to flash a GB Rom, but after that it didn't recognize my baseband, so I restored with CWM ICS b952. I can't seem to be able to downgrade whatever I try. I even went and tried to downgrade to B936 (dload) and B944 (CWM) and it didn't work...

I don't know what else to try... I need some serious help over here...

• 2 months later...
Guest vhristenco

What rom are you on? Stock b952 or custom based on b952?

If you are on stock b952, try to zero imei, flash middle package, then flash b892 (you can upgrade to b895 after restoring imei).

If you are on a custom rom, try fo flash official b952 then apply the above procedure (with the stock recovery installed).

You can tell that imei has been zeroed if text is displayed when flashing middle package or gb rom. If the imei has not been zeroed, nothing will apeear but a progress bar.

Guest bladebuddy
Why don't people just flash B936/B937 and then use the official Huawei two step downgrade process? Is it that B836/B937 update.app is not readily available or that this process does not work for some people for some reason?

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDY4ODE=

I think there's some phones like mine that the only official update you can flash is the last official one you updated with. All others fail about a third in. Also the middle package will not work. The only downgrade method is to zero you're IMEI number which I haven't tried.

I do hope a fix for this is found as I don't like the idea of zero'ing my IMEI number. J

Guest dalyer

I think there's some phones like mine that the only official update you can flash is the last official one you updated with. All others fail about a third in.

Ah - OK - so (a) the Huawei G300 two step downgrade only works from B936/B937 and (B) where BXXX is installed where XXX > 937 some (?) people cannot simply flash B936/B937?

I thought that this IMEI hacking approach was safer than others that may be mentioned elsewhere?

Guest bladebuddy

It probably is safe , I know it's worked successfully for many people.

I'm literally the most unlucky person on the planet and be you I would mess it up.

If I have to as a last resort , to return the phone back for repair , I will give it a shot.

As a lot of rom's are being made available for duel basebands hopefully I will be good to go until I next upgrade. J