[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31

I know what he problem is. I forgot to update the build.prop in the patch. I will release ANOTHER patch with an updated build.prop :P

Guest blaster99999

Just disable notifications in the app for the time being

thanks for that , turned notifications off for now, and all is well, phone is flying and everything is working spot on , just added all my apps and also co pilot 9 and works life a dream, I would like to see 2 future upgrades, 3 or 4 way configurable lock , and I love the config toggles think there excellent but would love to see flash light toggle on there, ive got used to it cos its in power toggles, is this a add on you could do ,( yes I know the flash light apps is already on this rom just a idea) many thanks.

Guest george109

Right this ROM is really annoying. apps crash and every time I factory reset to get an app working another one breaks. I can't load blink or the stock browser as it says unfortunately blink has stopped. please help as I have factory reset and each time a different app breaks. I'm posting from opera mobile as that's the only app that works. I think this ROM is great but I can't use it if apps dont work...
and now the app I'm on has crashed!

Edited by george109

Guest dalyer

I have just flashed the Genokolar Kernal, and I would like to say that over clocking is so much better on Genokolar, as anything past 1.116 would reboot or crash the phone (so I had to take the battery out) as soon as I clicked apply on the Lightning Kernal, Is this just me or is this a bug?

Right this ROM is really annoying. apps crash and every time I factory reset to get an app working another one breaks. I can't load blink or the stock browser as it says unfortunately blink has stopped. please help as I have factory reset and each time a different app breaks. I'm posting from opera mobile as that's the only app that works. I think this ROM is great but I can't use it if apps dont work...

and now the bus I'm on has crashed!

Are you overclocking it? Perhaps that - rather than the ROM itself - is the problem? I don't think you can blame it for your bus crashing though. Unless it's an AMBA bus... :blush:

Edited by dalyer

Guest blaster99999

I was getting similar problems to this and it was all down to the storage randomly changing every boot, I wiped everything including the sd card did all wipes and system format reinstalled and its been spot on ever since, I must admit I have left the storage option to internal and im happy so I would try a complete reinstall see if that sorts you out

Guest dalyer

As mentioned before - for those getting default storage reverting from external sdcard to internal it might be worth looking at formatting the card with the sd card formatter:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

And maybe even trying to align the partition first?

http://supernova.droidzone.in/optimization-of-your-sd-card-improving-data2sd-speeds-tremendously/

whats about music quallity then on headphones? its pood, it is posible to use dsp manager, not beats? (then listening music its hearing like you there in a big hall or something..)

Edited by MiN^

Guest kieranswhite

beats Just seems like a themed DSP manager to me and doesn't seem to make a difference. AC!D audio looks quite good though

Guest kyan31

Is probably because your using Geno's kernel. That not my fault.

Guest kyan31
whats about music quallity then on headphones? its pood, it is posible to use dsp manager, not beats? (then listening music its hearing like you there in a big hall or something..)

Beats audio has all of that stuff. Its pretty much exactly the same as DSP, like kieranswhite said.

Edited by kyan31

how to change kernel and there to find another one, better or the best of all? sorry for so many questions, but im not realy good for this ;)

Guest kyan31
how to change kernel and there to find another one, better or the best of all? sorry for so many questions, but im not realy good for this ;)

Most kernels are flashable, so install it in the recovery. The built in kernel is fine, its Paul's 19th kernel I believe.

Guest george109

It used to do this with PaulBank's Kernal too. I changed the Kernal to see if it was a problem with the Kernal. I think it might be the SD card, as apps keep crashing, even when I uninstall... Sorry kyan31, Your ROM is amazing and I think you should keep up the amazing work, but for the time being, I'm going to have to flash to Cyanogen Mod, as the messaging app has broken and It will not send or receive messages with any other apps at all (I have sent messages to myself to check), and I really need messaging, I might come back to this ROM in a later release, when these little problems have been fixed, but for now, I'm going to have to go. I do think this is the best ROM, feature wise but sadly, I cannot live with the broken apps. Thank you everyone for your help and thanks Kyan, for your amazing Lightning ROM.

in mine phones info its said that kernel is paulM@Ubuntu #19, so this is not kernels problem i think?. Taking eny headphones and sound is like it was set to be Hall or something. In b960+ and in CM9 10 10.1 sounds is normal...

Guest dalyer

in mine phones info its said that kernel is paulM@Ubuntu #19, so this is not kernels problem i think?. Taking eny headphones and sound is like it was set to be Hall or something. In b960+ and in CM9 10 10.1 sounds is normal...

I still wonder if the problem is overclocking?

Guest Geoff2

I get this problem too, but there is a staightforward, if time-consuming, solution:

(Make sure 'fastboot' is switched off first: Settings>fastboot>off.)

1. Settings/Apps/wipe cache.

2. Reboot into Clockwork Mod Recovery. (Easily done with Kyan's excellent new mod - just hold the on/off button down and then select 'recovery.')

3. In CWM, First select 'mounts and storage' then mount, unmount and mount (again) the system.

4. Select 'advanced', then 'fix permissions.' (Takes a minute or two.)

5. Reboot system and your problems will be gone.

6. Switch fastboot back on again. This way, you won't have to do all this every time you switch the phone off and on. (However, every few reboots, you WILL have to do all this, because Kyan's ROM automatically does a full reboot every 5 reboots, even though you've got fastboot turned on.)

This is an excellent ROM in terms of speed and smoothness. The problem with apps crashing (unless you do the above) is really annoying as it takes so long to do, and if you forget to do all this on a reboot, you have to switch the phone off and start again. If anyone has any ideas why it happens to some people but not others, and if there's anything I can do about it, I'd be really grateful. I suspect it might be something to do with the fact that I'm using Link2Int.

Kyan - your latest Mod zip is excellent: everything works as far as I can tell and the power toggles are perfect. I've found that CoPilot 9 has stopped working - not sure if that's related.

Guest kyan31

It used to do this with PaulBank's Kernal too. I changed the Kernal to see if it was a problem with the Kernal. I think it might be the SD card, as apps keep crashing, even when I uninstall... Sorry kyan31, Your ROM is amazing and I think you should keep up the amazing work, but for the time being, I'm going to have to flash to Cyanogen Mod, as the messaging app has broken and It will not send or receive messages with any other apps at all (I have sent messages to myself to check), and I really need messaging, I might come back to this ROM in a later release, when these little problems have been fixed, but for now, I'm going to have to go. I do think this is the best ROM, feature wise but sadly, I cannot live with the broken apps. Thank you everyone for your help and thanks Kyan, for your amazing Lightning ROM.

The ROM is fully working, there are no bugs present like the ones you mentioned. You probably did something that caused this to happen.

P.s what sd card do you have? The G300 cant handle 32gb sd cards, they have many problems.

Edited by kyan31

Guest blaster99999

I get this problem too, but there is a staightforward, if time-consuming, solution:

(Make sure 'fastboot' is switched off first: Settings>fastboot>off.)

1. Settings/Apps/wipe cache.

2. Reboot into Clockwork Mod Recovery. (Easily done with Kyan's excellent new mod - just hold the on/off button down and then select 'recovery.')

3. In CWM, First select 'mounts and storage' then mount, unmount and mount (again) the system.

4. Select 'advanced', then 'fix permissions.' (Takes a minute or two.)

5. Reboot system and your problems will be gone.

6. Switch fastboot back on again. This way, you won't have to do all this every time you switch the phone off and on. (However, every few reboots, you WILL have to do all this, because Kyan's ROM automatically does a full reboot every 5 reboots, even though you've got fastboot turned on.)

This is an excellent ROM in terms of speed and smoothness. The problem with apps crashing (unless you do the above) is really annoying as it takes so long to do, and if you forget to do all this on a reboot, you have to switch the phone off and start again. If anyone has any ideas why it happens to some people but not others, and if there's anything I can do about it, I'd be really grateful. I suspect it might be something to do with the fact that I'm using Link2Int.

Kyan - your latest Mod zip is excellent: everything works as far as I can tell and the power toggles are perfect. I've found that CoPilot 9 has stopped working - not sure if that's related.

I've got a later version of co pilot 9 .4.0.144 and on the face of it looks like its working on lightning rom , when I was running b936 I had co pilot 9.1 and that crashed a lot

Guest blaster99999

The ROM is fully working, there are no bugs present like the ones you mentioned. You probably did something that caused this to happen.

P.s what sd card do you have? The G300 cant handle 32gb sd cards, they have many problems.

I've got a 32 gb card in mine do you think that's why I had internal/SD card issues.

Guest dalyer

I thought that the suspicion was that if the card did not respond "fast enough" at boot time then the default storage switched from external to internal. I'm not sure that this was specific to any card size - in particular 32GB. But maybe the larger the card the more that has to be done at boot time so the slower the response or something?!

If you are having problems then perhaps try formatting and maybe even partition aligning as follows and see if that helps:

Guest kyan31

I thought that the suspicion was that if the card did not respond "fast enough" at boot time then the default storage switched from external to internal. I'm not sure that this was specific to any card size - in particular 32GB. But maybe the larger the card the more that has to be done at boot time so the slower the response or something?!

If you are having problems then perhaps try formatting and maybe even partition aligning as follows and see if that helps:

http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2098210

It won't, 32GB cards have problems because of the G300's hardware. I think Huawei botched the sd reader on this thing. I only use 8GB cards so i'm ok :P

Guest Miki Bakaiki

Kyan, i'm getting lot of app crashes lately ... i have it overclocked @ 1152, and done full wipes multiple times before flashing it nice and clean ... i tried cydas mod as i said a few posts ago and i could only get errors, now, i get a lot of apps crashing ... i do see that i only have like 200 mb of storage left, maybe its a reason for the crashes , i don't know . I have internal storage set to default and it says that i'm actually using XXX MB of the 2gb internal memory, without cyda's mod ... I think i'll do an update.app and stick with a stock rom for now... college is killing me and i need a stable phone.. wish i was on vacations so i could mess around with it :(

Inspite everything, i think this is the best rom out there, regarding everything ! keep up the good work, and i'm really eager to see electra !! :)

PS: can anyone get mozzila's firefox working ? i open it and then it just gets stuck on a loop...

Edited by Miki Bakaiki