Dropped and now screen dead

Guest zbvif

Dropped my G300 today.

Screen is dead, but the phone itself still appears to work (backlight comes on, phone rings (but cannot answer))

I have opened it up as far as I dare (8 screws, plus a few ribbon cable plugs), but nothing is noticeably loose/broken

Any suggestions as to where to take for repair?

Vodaphone? Local independant? Postal repairer found on Google?

Is it even worth trying to repair (costly)? If so, whats the best replacement at the £100 level atm?

Neal

Guest kyan31

Dropped my G300 today.

Screen is dead, but the phone itself still appears to work (backlight comes on, phone rings (but cannot answer))

I have opened it up as far as I dare (8 screws, plus a few ribbon cable plugs), but nothing is noticeably loose/broken

Any suggestions as to where to take for repair?

Vodaphone? Local independant? Postal repairer found on Google?

Is it even worth trying to repair (costly)? If so, whats the best replacement at the £100 level atm?

Neal

If you want a good £100 phone, get a jiayu G2. It costs around £80 plus p&p (£15-£20 DHL) and has a dual core 1 GHz processor, 1 GB ram, and a 4.0 inch screen. It has everything else you would expect from any android phone, so it amazing for the price. My brother has a G2, so I know its good. Its very sturdy, is a little heavy, but it feels good. The screen is gorilla glass, so its tough and durable. Its a great phone.