[DEV][ROM][2014-06-16] CyanogenMod 10 (Continuation of KonstaT's work)

Guest Rainer Hohn

I constantly get popups "unfortunately google play services has stopped" with google play services version 4.3.25

When I downgrade to version 4.1.32 those problems are gone (although I get some notifications from google apps, to update google play services), but I can't prevent that it eventually gets silently updated again (auto updates are off)

is someone else having this problem, or is there a way to lock an app version?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rainer Hohn

@Rainer Hohn @Pierreism Yeah I'm getting it too! Pretty annoying that we have to wait for Google to fix it...

the update to 4.4.52 seems to have done the trick

• 4 weeks later...

I actually posted an update now. This should fix some of the annoyances and fixes security issues. Have fun with this extremely delayed update. :)

Changelog:

2014-06-13

• incremented max_hidden_apps
  • hopefully fixed button backlight issues
  • disabled camera effects that crash
  • switched to zeelog's kitkat kernel tree
  • fixed OpenSSL, Linux kernel and Android signing security issues
  • disabled HWUI text fading for small speedup

Security bugfixes were tested with Bluebox Security and towelroot. Check out the "jellykat" kernel branch.

I only managed to upload and publish the build now, but it was built a couple of days ago. So don't be confused by the date difference.

Edited by Guest

Nice, testing right now :)

Can you reupload the gapps ? its blocked.

Someone already posted an alternative link. I updated the first post. I have no idea why Mediafire keeps on flagging this.

Guest killer99

Someone already posted an alternative link. I updated the first post. I have no idea why Mediafire keeps on flagging this.

Thank you :)

Guest karololszak

Change the date in the title please, 2014-08-16 will be like in two months ;) I believe the update was released on 06.13.

Regarding the ROM, its good that somebody still does something for the Blade! I believe this might be the most stable rom for the time being, but zeelog's job on kitkat is remarkable as well. Great community and devs, thank you for all the job being done.

If only somebody would find time to rewrite fm radio from scratch, everything would be complete :P Time to learn some C/C++/java :D

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

Thanks for the update! I was trying to compile CM10 but the code didn't compile because of some error in the code....

Guest buchciarz

Thank you for your work daemond. Great rom, for me it is faster than CM11. Where can I found mms.apk with dark theme? beacouse in this rom option :"use dark theme" does not work in aplication sms/mms.

Edited by buchciarz

Thanks very much for this daemond; with the alterations you made it's almost as snappy as CM9 now and it's great to know the security is up to date.

Is there any way to disable to CRT screen off animation? I have looked through all the menus but can't see it.   I'd like to turn it off as it causes the sceen to flash back on when it has finished the animation (I realise it's no biggie).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest buchciarz

I have this rom since last update. Phone working without charger about 24 hours. I think it's normal with this phone. Sometimes you shoud discharge phone to turn off and charge in this state then battery working better. It's work with my phone.

Edited by buchciarz

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest cpagrawal28

I appreciate the work done by you. Last night I tried this rom in my phone. 

I am facing following issues -

1. Home key is not working. 

2. Notifications problem.

3. my phone is not going in deep sleep mode. 

• 2 months later...