Photo

[ROM]ICS[4.0.4] Baidu REPACK v22 25.02.2013.

• Please log in to reply
471 replies to this topic

pOcHa

pOcHa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
it's not complicated, but a very tedious and ungrateful work - you have to unpack all the apks, translate all the strings in them, and then repack them back (and repeat that for every new version)

no one sane would bother, unless he can somehow charge for it...

Edited by pOcHa, 15 February 2013 - 10:42 PM.

Baidu Cloud ROM stable V6 (finalized beta V47): http://www.modaco.co...lish-2014-04-24
Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49: http://www.modaco.co...glish-2014-06-06

glassblower

glassblower

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Tried both v20 & v21. Smooth ROM but unfortunately totally useless without mobile data. Unable to save APN's for three UK.

You can edit them but they won't save when you press the "save" icon. Would love to continue using this ROM but the above problem means I can't. I understand this has been a problem with v19 an' all.

Neil

y4ss1n

y4ss1n

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@y4s1nne
i got exactly the same problem as glassblower lol, i guess the problem lies with baidu rom...

Edited by y4ss1n, 16 February 2013 - 12:16 AM.

glassblower

glassblower

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

i got exactly the same problem as glassblower lol, i guess the problem lies with baidu rom...

I was going to try and overwrite the apns.xml file in the baidu ROM with one from cyan but don't have the time really. Going back to infusion B06.

hippy dave

hippy dave

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Devices:G300, Hudl
Does it show any other APNs? I had to delete the existing Tesco and O2 APNs before it would let me save a new one for Giffgaff.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,725 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w
Since Keshavkrs succesfuly added APN:
http://www.modaco.com/topic/360424-romics404-baidu-dietetic-v21/page__st__140#entry2081277
I cant confirm it right now, I have CM10 Joestones on
but others could check.

So could it be that you have "Funny Sim card" symptom :)
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1910179

Some other things to try:
-Reboot after APN change.
-Disable and re-enable airplane mode.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

logo-telekineza.png 

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

werf06

werf06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300
I have an issue. Whenever I try to use a root-needing app, it complains. I've read all the comments, and I also noticed that this rom is mentioned to be pre-rooted but I can't use the root even if it is.
Any suggestions? (Tried to install superuser, supersu, none worked. I also tried to root it with z4root and with unlockbootloader.exe. Neither worked. Superuser and supersu can't update binary and all..) I'm going to unroot then try to re-root it. Reflashing the rom seemed to be another option what do you say guys?

pOcHa

pOcHa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
just go to settings -> security -> root permissions, and enable it in the top left corner

Baidu Cloud ROM stable V6 (finalized beta V47): http://www.modaco.co...lish-2014-04-24
Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49: http://www.modaco.co...glish-2014-06-06

y4ss1n

y4ss1n

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

I was going to try and overwrite the apns.xml file in the baidu ROM with one from cyan but don't have the time really. Going back to infusion B06.

ive tried that. no succes

the things dakok suggested dont help either, but i might have a look at this funny sim issue

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,725 posts

I have an issue. Whenever I try to use a root-needing app, it complains. I've read all the comments, and I also noticed that this rom is mentioned to be pre-rooted but I can't use the root even if it is.
Any suggestions? (Tried to install superuser, supersu, none worked. I also tried to root it with z4root and with unlockbootloader.exe. Neither worked. Superuser and supersu can't update binary and all..) I'm going to unroot then try to re-root it. Reflashing the rom seemed to be another option what do you say guys?

Check this:
http://www.androidgadgematic.com/2012/08/how-to-fix-superuser-installed-no-root.html

Edited by dakok, 16 February 2013 - 01:56 PM.

logo-telekineza.png 

glassblower

glassblower

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Since Keshavkrs succesfuly added APN:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/360424-romics404-baidu-dietetic-v21/page__st__140#entry2081277
I cant confirm it right now, I have CM10 Joestones on
but others could check.

So could it be that you have "Funny Sim card" symptom :)
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1910179

Some other things to try:
-Reboot after APN change.
-Disable and re-enable airplane mode.

OK, I've reinstalled this ROM and tried rebooting after saving APN and on/off airplane mode. Still not working.

However, I've tried a Virgin UK SIM card and hey presto, the 3G mobile data is working. So it's my 3UK SIM card.

This card dates from me joining 3UK back in 2006. Would you suggest I get them to change my SIM for a newer one?

Neil

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,725 posts
So thats it - Funny SIM syndrome. You nailed it mate.
No harm in replacing it with the new one.

Or you could do some investigation and try to find a Funny SIM patch (some phones have that one).

"If you get GSM but no data, and you cannot save any APN settings,
it means you have what its called a 'funny SIM'. Certain mobile operators
use SIMs which include an extra data storage area to be used for things like
GSM Banking etc."

Edited by dakok, 16 February 2013 - 03:09 PM.

logo-telekineza.png 

glassblower

glassblower

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

So thats it - Funny SIM syndrome. You nailed it mate.
No harm in replacing it with the new one.

Or you could do some investigation and try to find a Funny SIM patch (some phones have that one).

"If you get GSM but no data, and you cannot save any APN settings,
it means you have what its called a 'funny SIM'. Certain mobile operators
use SIMs which include an extra data storage area to be used for things like
GSM Banking etc."

Hi dakok
Thanks for your help, mate. I hope 3UK will replace my 7 year old SIM now. Will look for the funny SIM patch in the meantime.
Neil

y4ss1n

y4ss1n

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
i'll try flashing some of the "funny sim" zips i found on xda, i'll report later

glassblower

glassblower

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

i'll try flashing some of the "funny sim" zips i found on xda, i'll report later

I've just tried this funny-sim-fix posted here http://www.mediafire...rpijh2w0cy2dal3 and the phone freezes on startup at the Huawei logo screen.

Neil

y4ss1n

y4ss1n

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
yeah it doesnt work.. probably because thats for cm7 (gb)

y4ss1n

y4ss1n

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
seems like the problem lies with 128k sim cards. people who had funny sim report that 64k sim cards work, but the problem is that u need to change ur phone number if u want a 64k sim... sigh!

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,725 posts
Here in Croatia you pay 0 - 7 EUR for sim card replacement. I beleive that phone number remains the same.
Not sure about card types, though.

logo-telekineza.png 

werf06

werf06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300
It works now, thanks for your help guys! :)

y4ss1n

y4ss1n

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

It works now, thanks for your help guys! :)

u replaced ur sim?

Edited by y4ss1n, 16 February 2013 - 10:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users