Chewy11

Snowboarder

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, Android
  • Devices:Nexus7, Galaxy Nexus, Infuse
  • Twitter:@chewy1177
Fingers crossed for an r8. It is Friday! ;-)

-Asus Nexus 7 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Logitech Revue Google TV - HTC EVO 3D GSM - Samsung Infuse - I LOVE Snowboarding -

wille123

wille123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Phones,computers
  • Devices:osf,blade,o2x,gnex,blade2,sgs3
Ar you dreaming

Paulo Nobrega

Paulo Nobrega

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  • Twitter:@paulodanobrega
ALL forward for adblock inclusion...
im having complete freezes with this version,... the phone just stops and i have to pull off battery and restart... anyone having the same issues?

HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Chewy11

Chewy11

Snowboarder

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
r7 is silky smooth with Franco Kernel here.
I would use adblock if it became available.

-Asus Nexus 7 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Logitech Revue Google TV - HTC EVO 3D GSM - Samsung Infuse - I LOVE Snowboarding -

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
r9 is now online in both the kitchen AND the prebake! :)

Apologies for the delay in the new release.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Sk1mble

Sk1mble

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Hi Paul. For some reason the Enhanced Power Menu is no longer giving me 'reboot to recover' and other options under 'reboot', it just says "Your phone will reboot, continue y/n". Any idea why this might be? I've tried turning the option for the reboot menu off and on in the settings and when this option is off the reboot menu item completely disappears.

Never mind, found the answer here: https://plus.google....sts/iWRWc4bdXJb I left the post here for anyone else who didn't realise there was a change.

Edited by Sk1mble, 26 March 2013 - 04:53 AM.

nwijma

nwijma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:-
Thanx Paul, very smooth. Only problem I have is that the swype function of the keyboard doesn't work. You see the swype action but no input is made.

Sk1mble

Sk1mble

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
I'm having the same problem with swiping on the stock keyboard.

Sk1mble

Sk1mble

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Hmm. My phone's been really struggling on this ROM for the last couple of releases, even now I've got Franco's kernel working. Paul, can you give me any advice on finding out what the problem is? It's got around 100MB of RAM free most of the time which seems a bit low... Swype Beta seems to be taking up huge amounts of RAM. I'm not sure if this is the problem though. Maybe I should try ODEXing.

Edit: Using the Odex me now app caused a boot crash which I could fix by re-flashing R9, odd.Anyway, the slowdown appears to be caused by Lightflow. I disabled it and my phone was back to normal. Might be because "run as foreground app" was ticked, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Edited by Sk1mble, 31 March 2013 - 03:41 AM.

David Bate

David Bate

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@va3dbj

the slowdown appears to be caused by Lightflow. I disabled it and my phone was back to normal. Might be because "run as foreground app" was ticked, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

I had the same issue with light flow and a couple of other apps in the run as foreground mode.

Dave
@VA3DBJ

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
The kitchen has been update to the very latest nightly!

If kitchen users can test over the weekend and confirm all is well (back up first of course!), then i'll put the prebake live Monday.

There will be another ROM update next week which will be the first with some MCR features starting to move to an Xposed module, making it easy to toggle MCR features on and off!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

Chewy11

Chewy11

Snowboarder

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
MCMCR r11 for the GNEX downloaded. Weekend test drive to commence around 16:00 eastern. Franco kernel and Rogers baseband in tow.

Thank you Paul, for the Friday ROM playday :-)

Sk1mble

Sk1mble

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Paul, forgive me for being a noob but I think I need to reduce the size of my ROM installation to free up a bit more system memory for general use. If I select a few less "install to system" options when I bake the ROM though I suspect it's going to leave them if they're already installed, just not install new copies? So what's the most effective way to free up some space on the system partition please?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts

Paul, forgive me for being a noob but I think I need to reduce the size of my ROM installation to free up a bit more system memory for general use. If I select a few less "install to system" options when I bake the ROM though I suspect it's going to leave them if they're already installed, just not install new copies? So what's the most effective way to free up some space on the system partition please?

That's not really how Android works... The system partition is always a fixed size. Also, it's wiped on ROM install so old system stuff is removed.

I suspect you're really short of space on the data partition?

Posted Image

Sk1mble

Sk1mble

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Hmm. It's RAM I'm a bit short on - it's routinely operating with 70 - 100MB of free memory but if I add together the memory usage by the apps shown in the Apps manager it only comes to around 160MB... so I figured the rest of the space must be taken up by the OS on the internal memory. With this little RAM things are caching in and out quite a lot and after, for example, playing Hanging With Friends the launcher/phone takes a few seconds to return to normal as the launcher is restored to the foreground. Any tips?

Chewy11

Chewy11

Snowboarder

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
I'm getting 'system UI not responding', no status bar, even after full wipes. recooking now.

Recooked...same 'Unfortunately, System UI has stopped...
Reverting to previous build.

Edited by Chewy11, 05 April 2013 - 11:28 PM.

Sk1mble

Sk1mble

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
R11 is working fine for me, but then I'm using Nova Launcher rather than Trebuchet or the MoDaCo launcher, which might be something to do with it.

Chewy11

Chewy11

Snowboarder

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
ok well my previous build flash failed too, so back to stock and then r11 again.
I had been using the Modaco launcher with landscape support.

devilishone

devilishone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  • Twitter:@devilishone
Uprgrading from r9 to r11 for me caused constant "system ui has stopped working" issues and I am using Nova Pro as my launcher. Reverted to r9

Sk1mble

Sk1mble

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
No issues at all with R11 and Nova Pro. I'm finding it very stable and fast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users