[ROM] Inovative Creations for ZTE Skate (based on Skatie Custom ROM)

Guest themarkoface

Guest iOmega1

I try and tried many roms, but this is still better.

I have 2skate phones (but one with broken screen which i use to test the roms)

but after trying this one i flashed my actually phone with it.

very fast, nice design, all is working:-)

if you try the rootbox than you can see that it has many bugs(and there is written final version)

this one upgrades every time, and that's good.

Very good work, yeah;-)

but ill still try other roms (with my broken screen one)

Guest honigfisch

I used it now for 1 month and there are some bugs and things you could improve:

Bugs:

-dolby is not working when you turn it on while you watch videos

-proximity sensor is not working after some time and you cant recalibrate it in the settings or with this code *983*0#

-if you charge your phone while your phone is turned off - the battery animation is broken - change the splaahscreen to Stock splashscreen - then it works

Design:

-make the Statusbar completely transparent - would be better

-If you go to settings - the Rom settings shouldnt be named as "SKatie settings" - there should stand "Rom Settings" or something like that in my opinion

-Make this more colorful or different - grey doesnt look good

nqqk1.jpg

-improve the design generally

Nice rom and also very fast but this isnt the final version of this Rom

Best regards

Edited by honigfisch

Guest Janfri

Nice rom and also very fast but this isnt the final version of this Rom

Actually I have found an update of this rom, which is now called Inovative Creations Pro (just google). And you are right it is very nice and very fast. It's a pity that it is not available on Modaco, because it seems to have the best performance of all Gingerbread roms I have tested.

Guest Janfri

Just one small correction. Last version is Inovative Creations Pro C.

Thank you for the information, just installed the new version. It's great!

Guest honigfisch

I meant that this shouldnt be the last version^^

Its fast but you cant say that its the fastest gb rom

But it is nice :)

Edited by honigfisch

Guest Janfri

I meant that this shouldnt be the last version^^

Its fast but you cant say that its the fastest gb rom

But it is nice :)

Actually what we commented above is that there where at least 2 updates since the version you installed. And yes, I can say " it seems to have the best performance of all Gingerbread roms I have tested."

Guest Belgrade style

There is a difference between old versions and Pro and Pro C. The newer versions are much better. Newer versions works better.

Guest Janfri

There is a difference between old versions and Pro and Pro C. The newer versions are much better. Newer versions works better.

I think you should explain other devs what you did with the battery duration. I disconnected my skate from the charger yesterday, 18 hours ago and still have 78% of battery left. (wifi turned off). Amazing.

Guest Belgrade style

I think you should explain other devs what you did with the battery duration. I disconnected my skate from the charger yesterday, 18 hours ago and still have 78% of battery left. (wifi turned off). Amazing.

I'm not developer of this ROM, i'm just a satisfied user.

Guest Janfri

I'm not developer of this ROM, i'm just a satisfied user.

Ok, sorry, but the battery drain is amazingly low really, even without underclocking the minimum cpu speed. I have tested Skatie long time ago and also installed many of the other roms existing on the forum, but I never had such a long lasting battery. My favorite for a long time was H3Blues, which I lately used with Nitroglass and ADW launcher and I was very happy with that configuration. But Inovative Creations is much faster and the battery lasts much longer, so there must be other tweaks and modifications, which maybe could be implemented in other roms to speed them up. (As I write this, my battery is still 76%, so it dropped 2%since my last post.)

Guest H3ROS
so there must be other tweaks and modifications, which maybe could be implemented in other roms to speed them up

Not at all. I mean just download the latest SKatie update and you see that the only thing that's really changed in this ROM is build.prop, framework-res, SystemUI, some apps and nitroscript has been added in. So absolutely nothing has been done for battery saving that SKatie didn't already do. In fact the speed of the ROM and it's battery should be a little worse since this ROM's not aligned properly.

Heres a snippet:

wkZGYyf.png

The only way this would probably save battery a little is due to the older pirated version of ADW. So in comparison other ROM's use more modern launchers, which can take a little more juice to look so pretty. Having said that though, I would expect this ROM to waste memory and battery due to all of the bundled apps that come with it, some of which I'm sure will cause wake locks (No Lock for example).

As you mention H3 Blues, look back through that thread and I'm pretty sure I've posted a screenshot of how well my battery has done. Often it's just a matter of what settings you use (2G vs. 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, data enabled or disabled).

Edited by H3ROS

Guest themarkoface

I decided to write a brief and explain what was done to Inovative update just to let all know the truth and to avoid further controversy without any meaning ...

There is really jealous people and some of them here really not know how to hide it :)

Make new Topic and talk about it as you wish, just stop to do it here...

First, you really need to know that any work on Android means losing a lot of time and I really think that we should like to thank everyone who has anything done or changed because it is automatically a lot of wasted time ...

Everything that was done on Inovative Cerations Android I primarily worked for myself and later I decided to send it to everyone.

I used my years of experience in programming and general computer work and work around Andriod for me was new and all the time I've learned along the way.

As you know Inovative Creations is update of Skatie Custom ROM and of course it's a lot retained, because this is the only update, but a lot has been changed too.

I see that some here think they are just 2-3 files have changed, but I'll explain everything to you so that everyone knows. :)

Honestly I am sad cause some of them here didn't ask me what was really done here, instead that they found the courage to write that actually I did nothing ... :)

Truths that primarily need to know is that the phone can not work faster than it is defined with CPU CLOCK and other components defined.

Then, The Gingerbread ROM is quite limited and it is not possible so easily to change some things (eg WiFi Scan interval is impossible to change in the Build.prop and it works automatically in 5 sec) --- I saw a lot of the ROM's here that in the Build.prop file used functions that do not work on GB ROM's ... I guess they did not know that, when they wrote it...---

Battery life can not be changed because it has its own capacity and do as much as it can. (you can only change the way you used it)

Android automatically turns ON a bunch of background applications until it fills most of the RAM memory and keep them as active to make them fast turned ... but with that phone is very slow ...

OTA updates is impossible to implement in the Inovative ROM because when you make any change on ROM, it has to be formatted, cause there is Nitroglass , and if it is not formatted the system will snap, hate me earlier to explain that ... but let everyone knows.

So who write to any of the above that it may, probably do not know or they're lying ... that's the facts...

What is the truth?

Programmers here mostly make their personal scripts and throwing various new menus and sub-menus and aesthetically make it beautify but unfortunately in many cases that slow down the phone. More precisely just crammed data without thinking of what really should and what should not.

I'll give you an example of how the phone was cluttered with unnecessary things with Skatie Custom ROM and I wiped 29 applications that are unnecessary for me and insert just 6-7 new. I deleted a bunch of unnecessary notifications, Ringtones, alarms, a few scripts... You can see in the file updater-script how much things are thrown out... The only thing that was done to speed is making of various Governors - but if you set a higher voltage and CPU clock, reduces the shorter length of the battery ... that means it is necessary to find an optimum ...

So our phone is limited to their performance and if you overfill it over his limit of normal working he will start to work slower and chops ... This is precisely the problem with most ROM's here. So it is impossible to accelerate ... Can operate only at a speed that enabled him processor and with other components ...

I was wondering what can be done that just this phone works nicely???

And I quickly figured out that he needs everything to simplify all the functions that are less demanding and then it will start working better because it will not be cluttered with operations and functions.

Now ... How is this achieved?

There are many ways, but I realized that you need to think conversely, instead of attempt to accelerate, we should throw out all unnecessary ...

That means that if I can not do anything to speed it up, then I can to simplify everything and put all process in a minimal level and make it works well ...

The first thing I did not like it is that the animation works very bad and had to do something to get all worked very good.

The first thing I did was that I unpacked each application separately, and optimize them. Optimizing is the process for Java Optimizer and in the process it needs to extract every system application ant it reduce apps size on minimum (reduced by Images in it) and then you need to pack it again. Later using of system it calls less and less image and files and therefore does everything fast. An images does not lose quality ...

Also I changed two pivotal files for the operation of Android namely UISystem.apk and Framework-res.apk ... Everything is defined through them in the menus of Android. Images of them I have drastically reduced and changed to all Images are in PNG format exclusively.

Even the wallpaper in PNG format ... and when the system continually calls less demanding files automatically work faster ... Why?

The answer is in the PNG format ... It is rarely that someone knows the answer ...

PNG format is ideal format for creating animation across it, is larger than the other but it is made that it calls very fast, much faster than JPG or GIF.

PNG is a low quality format but images look as High Quality (no loss of quality) ... PNG supports transparent layers that does not take standard BIT channels and lower quality images look much better ... It means that Animation through them is much better than over the JPG or GIF or BMP format and is also less demanding for the processor ... That is the key to fast and fluent animation ...

So in drawer menu of Launcher you have icons flying over the wallpaper and when you set it in PNG format it automatically works much better.

So first I threw out all JPG images from Andorid including Wallpapers and put everything in PNG format. I think that nobody here knew that ...

The phone works to 8bit format and it seems that 16-bit thanks to PNG format ...

Then I throw out everything that is not necessary for Android and reduce the number of phone functions.

Inserted exclusively system applications that take up a minimum of RAM memory while their work ...

And that is the reason that phone can start less Apps which works in background and occupy RAM memory and can not fill the RAM up to a critical point.

ROM is more empty and has more operating memory ...

Now, one more very important thing ...

Animation is the process of displacement of a graphic object from point A to point B. This means that when something animated image is moved point by point and the larger image needs more demanding animation ... So resolution is "intentionally" reduced and consequently reduced icons, and thus reduced the number of points that can animate and therefore the animation is smoother.

Everything is very simple only when you understand everything and think :) and even it looks nicer ... :)

There was the problem that some applications that do not support changed DPI I had to rewrite or change them ...

So reducing the resolution it means that phone speed up the animations more ... I think that no one understood it why i changed resolution ...

I must confirm it that I did not write any script by myself and there is no need for that...but I rewrote existing a lot of time and that's why some were not able to see what was changed. For Example ADW Launcher was extracted and changed several times and it seems that no one knows it ... So many times I worked in existing applications...

There was turned of some background processes.

A battery itself will work longer when the processor is less demanding major functions, when there is less background processes, and when he has to do less computing operations ... And when you don't overclock CPU...I did that and the the animation works very good at 787 MHz so that the battery actually lives longer and the phone works much nicer.

Launcher is placed as active in memory to better work ...

All Images in all parts of the ROM are optimized with PNG transparent Layer and animation are therefore very fast and good.

Changed Ringtones, Notifications and alarms and put my owns. Also, I put a bunch of my Wallpapers in PNG format.

Also changed ugly sounds in camera and video recorder.

I have attached a script for defining Proximity sensor and quality Media profiles...

I put Nitroglass script of course and solved problem with small internal memory (all praise for Viento Del Sur) :)

In build.prop is added functions for many things which works...

All my work was for making better Android environment and I think I did it... It is very obviously how much phone works better.

Internal memory is more discharged because I wanted this to be a real Custom ROM and installing ROM by yourself, you can choose what to install and what you do not want.

Now there is about 35 MB free ROM Space and everything you need can install on Internal memory of 1GB.

During the installation it automatically makes a Folder named Inovative on your SD Card and there is all necessary applications and Inovative Wallpapers.

Turning on is much faster but it will be longer in case how many apps you'll install on phone. That means More apps, longer time of turning on...

Now I know that I forgot to mention some things what was done also, but it was important to explain how to achieve good Animation ...

ADW Launcher is a well made too and that it contributes to all this ... But there are several better and faster Launchers than ADW but I did not want anything to change because I use it and change it from beginning of this and no one can change my work telling that i violate MoDaCo Terms and Copyrights or promoting paid versions... here I am only promoting Update for Skatie Custom ROM... nothing more

So I think it's time to stop talking anything cause I explained it.

And I want to give recommendation for everyone to try it cause it really works very good.

Thanks! :)

Edited by themarkoface

Guest WiiSky70

I decided to write a brief and explain what was done to Inovative update just to let all know the truth and to avoid further controversy without any meaning ...

There is really jealous people and some of them here really not know how to hide it :)

Make new Topic and talk about it as you wish, just stop to do it here...

First, you really need to know that any work on Android means losing a lot of time and I really think that we should like to thank everyone who has anything done or changed because it is automatically a lot of wasted time ...

Everything that was done on Inovative Cerations Android I primarily worked for myself and later I decided to send it to everyone.

I used my years of experience in programming and general computer work and work around Andriod for me was new and all the time I've learned along the way.

As you know Inovative Creations is update of Skatie Custom ROM and of course it's a lot retained, because this is the only update, but a lot has been changed too.

I see that some here think they are just 2-3 files have changed, but I'll explain everything to you so that everyone knows. :)

Honestly I am sad cause some of them here didn't ask me what was really done here, instead that they found the courage to write that actually I did nothing ... :)

Truths that primarily need to know is that the phone can not work faster than it is defined with CPU CLOCK and other components defined.

Then, The Gingerbread ROM is quite limited and it is not possible so easily to change some things (eg WiFi Scan interval is impossible to change in the Build.prop and it works automatically in 5 sec) --- I saw a lot of the ROM's here that in the Build.prop file used functions that do not work on GB ROM's ... I guess they did not know that, when they wrote it...---

Battery life can not be changed because it has its own capacity and do as much as it can. (you can only change the way you used it)

Android automatically turns ON a bunch of background applications until it fills most of the RAM memory and keep them as active to make them fast turned ... but with that phone is very slow ...

OTA updates is impossible to implement in the Inovative ROM because when you make any change on ROM, it has to be formatted, cause there is Nitroglass , and if it is not formatted the system will snap, hate me earlier to explain that ... but let everyone knows.

So who write to any of the above that it may, probably do not know or they're lying ... that's the facts...

What is the truth?

Programmers here mostly make their personal scripts and throwing various new menus and sub-menus and aesthetically make it beautify but unfortunately in many cases that slow down the phone. More precisely just crammed data without thinking of what really should and what should not.

I'll give you an example of how the phone was cluttered with unnecessary things with Skatie Custom ROM and I wiped 29 applications that are unnecessary for me and insert just 6-7 new. I deleted a bunch of unnecessary notifications, Ringtones, alarms, a few scripts... You can see in the file updater-script how much things are thrown out... The only thing that was done to speed is making of various Governors - but if you set a higher voltage and CPU clock, reduces the shorter length of the battery ... that means it is necessary to find an optimum ...

So our phone is limited to their performance and if you overfill it over his limit of normal working he will start to work slower and chops ... This is precisely the problem with most ROM's here. So it is impossible to accelerate ... Can operate only at a speed that enabled him processor and with other components ...

I was wondering what can be done that just this phone works nicely???

And I quickly figured out that he needs everything to simplify all the functions that are less demanding and then it will start working better because it will not be cluttered with operations and functions.

Now ... How is this achieved?

There are many ways, but I realized that you need to think conversely, instead of attempt to accelerate, we should throw out all unnecessary ...

That means that if I can not do anything to speed it up, then I can to simplify everything and put all process in a minimal level and make it works well ...

The first thing I did not like it is that the animation works very bad and had to do something to get all worked very good.

The first thing I did was that I unpacked each application separately, and optimize them. Optimizing is the process for Java Optimizer and in the process it needs to extract every system application ant it reduce apps size on minimum (reduced by Images in it) and then you need to pack it again. Later using of system it calls less and less image and files and therefore does everything fast. An images does not lose quality ...

Also I changed two pivotal files for the operation of Android namely UISystem.apk and Framework-res.apk ... Everything is defined through them in the menus of Android. Images of them I have drastically reduced and changed to all Images are in PNG format exclusively.

Even the wallpaper in PNG format ... and when the system continually calls less demanding files automatically work faster ... Why?

The answer is in the PNG format ... It is rarely that someone knows the answer ...

PNG format is ideal format for creating animation across it, is larger than the other but it is made that it calls very fast, much faster than JPG or GIF.

PNG is a low quality format but images look as High Quality (no loss of quality) ... PNG supports transparent layers that does not take standard BIT channels and lower quality images look much better ... It means that Animation through them is much better than over the JPG or GIF or BMP format and is also less demanding for the processor ... That is the key to fast and fluent animation ...

So in drawer menu of Launcher you have icons flying over the wallpaper and when you set it in PNG format it automatically works much better.

So first I threw out all JPG images from Andorid including Wallpapers and put everything in PNG format. I think that nobody here knew that ...

The phone works to 8bit format and it seems that 16-bit thanks to PNG format ...

Then I throw out everything that is not necessary for Android and reduce the number of phone functions.

Inserted exclusively system applications that take up a minimum of RAM memory while their work ...

And that is the reason that phone can start less Apps which works in background and occupy RAM memory and can not fill the RAM up to a critical point.

ROM is more empty and has more operating memory ...

Now, one more very important thing ...

Animation is the process of displacement of a graphic object from point A to point B. This means that when something animated image is moved point by point and the larger image needs more demanding animation ... So resolution is "intentionally" reduced and consequently reduced icons, and thus reduced the number of points that can animate and therefore the animation is smoother.

Everything is very simple only when you understand everything and think :) and even it looks nicer ... :)

There was the problem that some applications that do not support changed DPI I had to rewrite or change them ...

So reducing the resolution it means that phone speed up the animations more ... I think that no one understood it why i changed resolution ...

I must confirm it that I did not write any script by myself and there is no need for that...but I rewrote existing a lot of time and that's why some were not able to see what was changed. For Example ADW Launcher was extracted and changed several times and it seems that no one knows it ... So many times I worked in existing applications...

There was turned of some background processes.

A battery itself will work longer when the processor is less demanding major functions, when there is less background processes, and when he has to do less computing operations ... And when you don't overclock CPU...I did that and the the animation works very good at 787 MHz so that the battery actually lives longer and the phone works much nicer.

Launcher is placed as active in memory to better work ...

All Images in all parts of the ROM are optimized with PNG transparent Layer and animation are therefore very fast and good.

Changed Ringtones, Notifications and alarms and put my owns. Also, I put a bunch of my Wallpapers in PNG format.

Also changed ugly sounds in camera and video recorder.

I have attached a script for defining Proximity sensor and quality Media profiles...

I put Nitroglass script of course and solved problem with small internal memory (all praise for Viento Del Sur) :)

In build.prop is added functions for many things which works...

All my work was for making better Android environment and I think I did it... It is very obviously how much phone works better.

Internal memory is more discharged because I wanted this to be a real Custom ROM and installing ROM by yourself, you can choose what to install and what you do not want.

Now there is about 35 MB free ROM Space and everything you need can install on Internal memory of 1GB.

During the installation it automatically makes a Folder named Inovative on your SD Card and there is all necessary applications and Inovative Wallpapers.

Turning on is much faster but it will be longer in case how many apps you'll install on phone. That means More apps, longer time of turning on...

Now I know that I forgot to mention some things what was done also, but it was important to explain how to achieve good Animation ...

ADW Launcher is a well made too and that it contributes to all this ... But there are several better and faster Launchers than ADW but I did not want anything to change because I use it and change it from beginning of this and no one can change my work telling that i violate MoDaCo Terms and Copyrights or promoting paid versions... here I am only promoting Update for Skatie Custom ROM... nothing more

So I think it's time to stop talking anything cause I explained it.

And I want to give recommendation for everyone to try it cause it really works very good.

Thanks! :)

This was 1 of the greatest stories i've read in all my life . You just made my life Mark ;)

Keep up the good work :)

Guest H3ROS
I see that some here think they are just 2-3 files have changed

I mean that your main focus is actually in the framework-res and SystemUI. You can tell because a lot of the other file hashes match up to C3C0's last update.

When it comes to optimizing things though, like images, isn't that something all of the active devs here do? I know I personally use OptiPNG, but I also align my apk's which is something you don't do. As you don't do that your files aren't as optimized as you think they are as unaligned apps can use more RAM and waste more battery. And image optimization isn't the only thing I've done because if you look at my framework it's about 5.50MB where as yours is 7.40MB. That means that my dalvik cache becomes smaller, things occupy less memory, processing is faster and it can save a little battery life.

WiFi Scan interval is impossible to change in the Build.prop and it works automatically in 5 sec

That's not true. It does work because I set the value too high before and then a users WiFi kept timing out to their router. I fixed the issue by reducing the scan interval a little. You can find the posts about that in my thread if you don't believe it.

if you set a higher voltage and CPU clock, reduces the shorter length of the battery ... that means it is necessary to find an optimum

You can't adjust the voltage on the ZTE Skate, only the governors. You support that via NS Tools, but I taken a different route and worked with C3C0 so that he included my governor (SmartassH3) into his kernel.

fEey6xq.png

My governor idles at just 122 MHz and it may step up in small yet fair steps if it needs the processing power. So for example, I might be able to watch YouTube at just 245 MHz, but you might be running at a full 787 Mhz which will reduce your battery a lot faster.

I'll give you an example of how the phone was cluttered with unnecessary things with Skatie Custom ROM

Yet you added applications that aren't essential, can delay bootup as they may want to start when you power on your phone and they can cause wake locks. So for example, why include No Lock, WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook, YouTube Downloader and Kingston Office? These are applications that a user might not want and they're freely avalible on the Play Store. And I know you have the option to remove these apps via Apps2ROM, but my point is that you shouldn't need to as these apps shouldn't be there in the first place.

Where is the media profile? I know both myself and C3C0 had to add media profiles to get something to work when we hacked Dolby audio into the ROM, but I'm not seeing that in your zip.

TLDR: I'm not trying to offend you. All I'm saying is that you should align your APK's and remove non-essential apps. Also wheres the media profile?

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Janfri

Don't argue about something that should make everybody happy. I am not a dev, but a simple user and what I clearly notice is what I said this morning, Skatie with Inovative Crations is way faster than Skatie alone, H3Blues and any other rom I have tested. And I can say this without benchmarks because it is very noticeable, it is much faster, without lags. It wakes up immediately, the dialer and app launcher open immediately... And battery life is impressing, I have still 56% left after more or less 30 hours and with other Roms I often had to recharge twice a day or found the battery empty in the morning. At least for the users it would be positive if the devs worked together and instead of arguing perhaps you could make the perfect rom together and call it Nitroblues Creations...Thanks all the devs for their good work!

Guest H3ROS

Theres no argument here. I've simply pointed out some things that themarkoface may want to consider, while also explaining why what he's doing at the moment may not have the full effect he's after.

You may feel that this is the fastest ROM for you, but that's just your opinion that you're entitled to. Myself and others have our own. Like I personally would say that what I'm working on right now is the fastest Gingerbread ROM as I've taken the work I did for H3 Blues and have spent a long time optimizing it. That said, the smoothest ROM is going to be one of the Jelly Bean ROM's simply because of how much they can be optimized.

I like to work solo as I can then make all of the design choices I want. I simply ask for opinions along the way which is why the newer posts in my thread are to do with my new ROM. And you probably won't ever see themarkoface work on anything with me because of the language barrier, and he often seems to think I'm attacking him, when I'm actually giving what's known as constructive criticism in that I'm telling him what I thinks wrong, but I'm also telling him what I think he could do to improve on it.

Guest Belgrade style

Yet you added applications that aren't essential, can delay bootup as they may want to start when you power on your phone and they can cause wake locks. So for example, why include No Lock, WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook, YouTube Downloader and Kingston Office? These are applications that a user might not want and they're freely avalible on the Play Store. And I know you have the option to remove these apps via Apps2ROM, but my point is that you shouldn't need to as these apps shouldn't be there in the first place.

I'm not developer and i can't say nothing about programming and who is right and who is wrong but this quoted is not true. I mean, not true in newer version. Every ROM have updates and this ROM is updated to a lot better version where you doesn't have these apps installed but you have a folder on your sd card where you have downloaded apps and you choose what you want to install (you must understand that for some people this is great thing because they don't have to download apps every time when install new ROM and spend a lot of time on that). You have the most used and updated apps on you folder and this is great thing.

Next, the thing that sticks out is you constant repetition that ADW is warez. So what? Is this your job? No. Sorry but this is reality. Why Ceco or somebody else didn't say something about that? Because they are in own business and you with this show that you're jealous. That is how we see that. You constant write "my ROM, my ROM"... Which ROM? Old, new? You are not become a famous with old, just an ordinary ROM, nothing special. And new... i will be a grandpa when you finish him. For you is better to spend a more time to work on your new ROM and less to investigate other ROM's.

Nothing personally, this is just how somebody who is not dev see that you are doing on this forum. And this is not only topic where you spam about your "new ROM". You say something about topic theme and necessarily have to mention "this is .... BUT MY NEW ROM WILL BE BEST, FASTEST" and so on... You get the point.

Guest H3ROS
you doesn't have these apps installed but you have a folder on your sd card where you have downloaded apps and you choose what you want to install (you must understand that for some people this is great thing because they don't have to download apps every time when install new ROM and spend a lot of time on that). You have the most used and updated apps on you folder and this is great thing.

But then you still end up having to update the apps, otherwise the user will install the app and then the Play Store will automatically download the update so you don't save any time or data.

Next, the thing that sticks out is you constant repetition that ADW is warez. So what? Is this your job? No. Sorry but this is reality

Why? Because it's against the forum rules and I'm against warez. You're destroying Android by using it as devs make less money so they'll try on other platforms (iPhone) instead. You then end up with half assed buggy apps on Android. And unlike Ceco I'm trying to get into the development area and release paid for applications on the Play Store. So why would I be jealous? That's just plain stupid and you're the one acting defensive as you're the one trying to insult me ("i will be a grandpa when you finish him").

When I refer to my new ROM I refer to that because that's what I'm currently working on and it's based off of H3 Blues. Why would I talk about what I'm not working on? But if you want me to refer to H3 Blues then that's easily done. H3 Blues also has a tweaked low memory killer, a custom battery saving governor, it's aligned, it's images are optimized, plus it's frameworks optimized and everything works and it works really well. Want to make it even faster? Install nitroglass and change the launcher. So why would I be jealous when my ROM already has the same tweaks plus more? All I've done here is replied to a user about why I think this ROM doesn't save battery or improve responsiveness. The pictures and file hashes don't lie and other devs can verify what I'm saying is true, but many won't bother because they don't want to get involved. And for the recorded I didn't say my ROM would be "best". I said that the speed of this ROM is his (Janfri's) opinion and that others may disagree with it. I then give an example of that. So you're trying to put words into my mouth and make this into something it's not.

TLDR: I'm not trying to offend you. All I'm saying is that you should align your APK's and remove non-essential apps. Also wheres the media profile?

Theres no argument here. I've simply pointed out some things that themarkoface may want to consider, while also explaining why what he's doing at the moment may not have the full effect he's after.

he often seems to think I'm attacking him, when I'm actually giving what's known as constructive criticism in that I'm telling him what I thinks wrong, but I'm also telling him what I think he could do to improve on it.
Edited by H3ROS

Guest Belgrade style

Why would you update apps when they are updated to newer version? And you forgot one key thing... maybe somebody doesn't have internet at that moment to download apps. If is that folder with apps worst thing, than great.

You don't have or never used warez apps? Haha. Great.

I'm not trying to insult you. I'm just said that you are saying about your ROM for a long time. That is not true?

Edited by Belgrade style

Guest omegavesko
Why would you update apps when they are updated to newer version?

Because then you'd have two copies of the app, one in /system/app/ (the old one) and one in /data/app/ (the updated one). It's just wasted space.

I don't see what's so unbelievable about this. You and I have used them because Google doesn't let us buy apps from the Play Store here. Doesn't mean I'd be right if I included a paid app in my ROM - and as a dev, I certainly wouldn't be happy if I made a paid app and someone distributed it for free.

I'm not trying to start a flame war here, but I really don't see how some people can continue to argue in favor of things like warez when it's simply not debatable.

Edited by omegavesko

Guest H3ROS

Why would you update apps when they are updated to newer version? And you forgot one key thing... maybe somebody doesn't have internet at that moment to download apps. If is that folder with apps worst thing, than great.

If they don't have the internet then they wouldn't be able to use WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook or YouTube Downloader. So an out of date version which needs an update will only waste space, RAM and battery until they connected online.

No, I mean why would I? Theres plenty of free solutions, many of which are open source and most of the paid for apps allow you to download a trial version. My secondary OS is even free (Linux Mint).

I'm not trying to insult you. I'm just said that you are saying about your ROM for a long time. That is not true?

My new ROM takes a while because I work on it mainly during the weekends, and not every weekend. I have a girlfriend and I spend a lot of time out and about, plus lately a lots gone on in my life.

When I talk about my new ROM I mention it because, like I've said, it's like an improved version of H3 Blues that looks different. I'm not saying that somethings "best" or "better than", but that what I'm working on (and H3 Blues) already includes many of the same performance tweaks that this ROM has and more (framework optimizations & aligned apk's), so I see no reason for a user to find "noticeable" performance gain or improved battery. That's why I explained my reason, shown the pictures and said that it's probably due to applications such as the launcher (GO Launcher in H3 Blues does suck up some battery) and the settings (this ROM has a different set of default settings compared to my own).

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Belgrade style

@Omegavesko, you install just that updated version, not old one and than update for that old version. For warez ADW... When ADW team doesn't want to bother about that why he must? There was talking about battery and he immediately came and said "No, battery is the same, he doesn't do anything, have a warez ADW bla bla... my ROM's battery life is better". Why man? Why he must said that on topic of another ROM? This is classic challenge.

@Heros, Beside FB, Viber etc. you have a few apps that doesn't use internet. Ok, you don't have time, i understand that but if you less commenting and checking another ROM's and spend a more time on you ROM you will finish that job faster. And, yes, you never used pirated Windows, even to try? Or some OS, app...? I don't believe in that. If the answer is yes, than, my friend, you are ironic (you doesn't have to confess to us, you know the answer).

p.s. You talking about No Lock which is out few versions ago.

Edited by Belgrade style

Guest H3ROS

@Heros, Beside FB, Viber etc. you have a few apps that doesn't use internet. Ok, you don't have time, i understand that but if you less commenting and checking another ROM's and spend a more time on you ROM you will finish that job faster. And, yes, you never used pirated Windows, even to try? Or some OS, app...? I don't believe in that. If the answer is yes, than, my friend, you are ironic (you doesn't have to confess to us, you know the answer).

p.s. You talking about No Lock which is out few versions ago.

Reading a forum can take minutes but working on what I'm doing with my new ROM can take hours. That plus I've been at work all day, so I don't want to come home and start working on more stuff.

I don't have any pirated software. The version of Windows 7 I've got installed on my notebook come with it when I bought it, and I own a copy of Windows 8 Pro which I bought when Windows 8 was released and was on sale at a discount. And when it comes to software for Windows I use a lot of free stuff, even down to my anti-virus. Remember I'm not just an Android developer. I've developed software for Windows and a little for Linux for years now.

If I had to guess I'd say that you you pretty much download anything you can get your hands on, especially when it comes to Android.