Best Upgrade from INFUSION B06?

Guest nabby21

Guest nabby21

Ok so I'm on infusion B06, and its been overall fine, other than slight quiet speak problem, but horrendous battery life. Also get a few random shutdown and force closes, so was wondering what would be my best option? Upgrading to B07 or trying a complete new rom? Any advice welcomed, thanks

Guest nabby21

Ok thanks, better than B06 you think? So I download the zip and put it on my sd card right? Then whats the correct process to wipe and install it from there, so it runs as cleanly as possible?

I don't think baidu is the best alternative. It is based on B927 (old) and it is a Chinese ROM meaning some features may have Chinese characters etc.

There is also a chance that the baidu ROM will send some of your personal info to 3rd party services without your consent. I'm not completely sure, but a lot of Chinese ROMs have been known to do that. They send data such as:

Name

Carrier

Telephone number

Apps installed

Try and get a ROM that is based on B952 as it is the newest software.

Edited by kyan31

The best ROMs to try would probably be infusion, my ROM lightning, CM9 or CM10.

Infusion

- feature packed

Lightning ROM

- Super fast and super smooth

CM9

- Has all cyanogenmod features

CM10

- The only (good) Jellybean ROM. IT also has all the cyanogenmod features, but it still has some bugs. If you want a stable ROM, CM10 is not the one for you (yet).

Guest nabby21

Yeah, battery life's my main problem, and random shutdowns and force closes. Should these problems be resolved then on lightening? Yes may check that out if so, thanks

sorry kyan31, respect for your work, but you have quite a lot of misconceptions about the baidu rom, more in this topic: http://www.modaco.co...ht-release-v20/

it was based on an even older B926, but since then it got upgraded to the whole new ICS 4.0.4 version (all stock roms are still on the old v4.0.3, which is quite inferior), and has so many other tweaks and fixes that huawei "updates" can not even be called that, let alone "newest"

absolutely nothing is in chinese (in dakok's repack)

don't know about the spyware, but then again, everybody is doing it this days, don't you know, you are "helping" them make a better product, it is actually in your best interest (sarcasm, of course)

can't wouch that it is the fastest or the smoothest rom (with a different launcher maybe), but the amount of constant free ram, superior multitasking (no background apps closing) and rock solid stability is by far unparalleled

battery life is simply amazing (maybe just because we are used to all the juice hogging custom roms) - based on your screenshot your phone was on idle standby all that time, but on baidu i am actively using it with everything turned on for less than twice that drain in the same alotment of time (not an exaggeration, it is everyones very first impression of it)

it also has more features then either infusion or CM9, and the only actually better ones would be daz's CM10 for its project butter (when all the bugs are fixed), or its more stable variant shendu os (when they implement project butter)

as i said, this should be the basis of any custom ICS rom from now on, as it is being constantly worked on (not just modded) by a whole team of developers (baidu is china's google, so no worries about discontinuations, as individual developers tend to do), something that huawei should have being doing themselves all along, as being the worlds second largest telecommunications giant, they could have very well afforded it, instead we didn't even get the hardware acceleration, the main and only reason for an ICS upgrade

Edited by pOcHa

Guest unaszplodrmann

My advice would to completely ignore the recommendations of those publishing ROMs here, none of them really know what they're about, other than Dazzozo (responsible for porting CM to the G300 and a genuinely knowledgeable guy).

I'd say try CM10 initially, if you find it is not reliable enough on a day-to-day basis, then try CM9. The other ROMs are all either derived from the stock Huawei offering or Dazzozo's work. Those based on stock are just that with some fluff added and some fluff removed. Pay no heed to talk about performance enhancements etc; its all just amateur marketing spiel. Some of the "performance enhancements" do nothing, some have downsides too and some even outright harm performance. This is the case with the ROM you're currently using too.

i agree with unaszplodrmann, most custom roms are just a bunch of mods from xdadevelopers, slapped together in a completely random fashion - everyone has his own subjective favorites

only roms being actually developed (their source code altered) deserve any real consideration

btw, i checked and baidu does indeed have an offline log collecting, but in the original version you can disable it in the developer tools, and in the english repack it is completely removed althogether

sorry kyan31, respect for your work, but you have quite a lot of misconceptions about the baidu rom, more in this topic: http://www.modaco.co...ht-release-v20/

it was based on an even older B926, but since then it got upgraded to the whole new ICS 4.0.4 version (all stock roms are still on the old v4.0.3, which is quite inferior), and has so many other tweaks and fixes that huawei "updates" can not even be called that, let alone "newest"

absolutely nothing is in chinese (in dakok's repack)

don't know about the spyware, but then again, everybody is doing it this days, don't you know, you are "helping" them make a better product, it is actually in your best interest (sarcasm, of course)

can't wouch that it is the fastest or the smoothest rom (with a different launcher maybe), but the amount of constant free ram, superior multitasking (no background apps closing) and rock solid stability is by far unparalleled

battery life is simply amazing (maybe just because we are used to all the juice hogging custom roms) - based on your screenshot your phone was on idle standby all that time, but on baidu i am actively using it with everything turned on for less than twice that drain in the same alotment of time (not an exaggeration, it is everyones very first impression of it)

it also has more features then either infusion or CM9, and the only actually better ones would be daz's CM10 for its project butter (when all the bugs are fixed), or its more stable variant shendu os (when they implement project butter)

as i said, this should be the basis of any custom ICS rom from now on, as it is being constantly worked on (not just modded) by a whole team of developers (baidu is china's google, so no worries about discontinuations, as individual developers tend to do), something that huawei should have being doing themselves all along, as being the worlds second largest telecommunications giant, they could have very well afforded it, instead we didn't even get the hardware acceleration, the main and only reason for an ICS upgrade

I'm sure there was a post stating that it was based on B927, but they changed the build prop so it looked like 4.0.4, I may be wrong. Also, the screenshot I posted about the battery use 'is' of the phone being idle, but the results are still better than other ROMs. Cyanogenmod ROMs can use up to 40% when the phone is idle, and that's just after a few hours.

Guest unaszplodrmann

but they changed the build prop so it looked like 4.0.4, I may be wrong.

To way to find out is to check the package signatures.

Cyanogenmod ROMs can use up to 40% when the phone is idle, and that's just after a few hours.

Imagined statistics plucked from the air in order to diminsh the CM ports. Go on, qualify that statement, please. Given that battery statistics were actually broken in CM until this last release, we both know you cannot. I'd stop now if I were you.

For those reporting random shutdowns (restarts?) are these with 3G on while in sleep mode which is a common problem and one that can be mitigated/circumvented by switching (manually or automatically using a suitable app such as Llama I believe) from 3G to 2G before going into locked/screen off/sleep mode.

To way to find out is to check the package signatures.

Imagined statistics plucked from the air in order to diminsh the CM ports. Go on, qualify that statement, please. Given that battery statistics were actually broken in CM until this last release, we both know you cannot. I'd stop now if I were you.

I'm not trying to diminish anything, i'm merely stating that the CyanogenMod releases have bad battery. I know the battery stats are inaccurate, but in reality the battery is bad anyway. Most ROMs here have much better battery than CM, but that doesn't mean they are overall 'better'.

@dalyer: which rom you are referring to?

@kyan31: unaszplodrmann seems to be a little hard on you, and i'm not with him on that one - although, you obviously know more about this then me, but i do think it is an actual v4.0.4 version, just because most of the improvements seem to come from this simple little fact: http://www.androidau...vs-4-0-5-75651/

it explains perfectly the improved battery life (btw, no one reported that bad sidefect) - but what i am really curious about, is does it have hardware accelerated ui too, because that also lowers the juice drain... anyone knows a sure fire method of testing that, as Daz said that chrome status is not any indicator about it at all

Edited by pOcHa

@dalyer: which rom you are referring to?

@kyan31: unaszplodrmann seems to be a little hard on you, and i'm not with him on that one - although, you obviously know more about this then me, but i do think it is an actual v4.0.4 version, just because most of the improvements seem to come from this simple little fact: http://www.androidau...vs-4-0-5-75651/

it explains perfectly the improved battery life (btw, no one reported that bad sidefect) - but what i am really curious about, is does it have hardware accelerated ui too, because that also lowers the juice drain... anyone knows a sure fire method of testing that, as Daz said that chrome status is not any indicator about it at all

I haven't tried the baidu ROM, though I have read all about it as I was willing to try it, so I wouldn't know if it is really 4.0.4. As for HWA, you would need to ask Dazzozo.