Photo

[DEV][ROM][1.11.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

* * * * * 6 votes

556 replies to this topic

x6itru

x6itru

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Game programming, C++ & OpenGL
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, ASUS Nexus 7
really nice rom ;) almost as smooth&fast as nexus7 heh :D the only one small bug that i've noticed is that proximity sensor isnt working yet in calls :P ps. it will be nice if we will get 4.2.1 :P

Edited by x6itru, 30 January 2013 - 07:11 PM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

I have had it also.

And sometimes my ear turns on the airplane mode and the call ends, but i guess that is the proximity sensor that needs calibration. I will look in the menyes for that :)
I had another case of not beeing able to answer now, but when pressing the powerbutton two times and then answering it works.

/Erik

really nice rom ;) almost as smooth&fast as nexus7 heh :D the only one small bug that i've noticed is that proximity sensor isnt working yet in calls :P ps. it will be nice if we will get 4.2.1 :P

Yeah, I've had problems with proximity too. Still not sure if everyone have this issue though. It's stange since all other sensors work and I think it worked out-of-the-box in my CM9 builds.

You can calibrate proximity under Settings -> Advanced -> Calibrate proximity sensor and it will work until the next reboot. We're using a prebuilt sensors lib from the stock ROM and it doesn't know how to read that calibration data. I've been trying to build sensors lib from source and proximity/light sensors works great but acceleration/magnetic/orientation doesn't. :/

I boot my phone so often that I made a simple script that calibrates proximity sensor automatically on every reboot. Save this as 09proximity to /system/etc/init.d (or /data/local/userinit.d if you want it to survive ROM updates) and make it executable (775 permissions).

#!/system/bin/sh
# Calibrate ZTE atlas40 proximity sensor at boot

/system/bin/prox_cal -c

klipi

klipi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
First, thanks for ROM.
I can also confirm "Sometimes the status bar freezes, and i cant go to my notifications" and phone ringing only 1 time when someone calling me.

thewild

thewild

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
KonstaT, what kind of battery life do you get out of your Blade III running CM10 ?
How does it compare to the Blade "1" running your same release (i.e. your latest CM10) ?

I've read nice reviews of the Blade 3, but most of them talk about lags and slowdowns in the interface. I'm pretty sure that using a custom ROM totally solves these issues though (can you confirm ?), but I wonder how CM10 impacts the good battery life that all the reviewers agree on.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

First, thanks for ROM.
I can also confirm "Sometimes the status bar freezes, and i cant go to my notifications" and phone ringing only 1 time when someone calling me.

Changing composition type to gpu probably fixes the notification freeze (see this post). You can enable repeating ringtone by adding these lines to your /system/build.prop. Or just use a longer ringtone. ;)

ro.telephony.call_ring.multiple=false
ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=3000

KonstaT, what kind of battery life do you get out of your Blade III running CM10 ?
How does it compare to the Blade "1" running your same release (i.e. your latest CM10) ?

I've read nice reviews of the Blade 3, but most of them talk about lags and slowdowns in the interface. I'm pretty sure that using a custom ROM totally solves these issues though (can you confirm ?), but I wonder how CM10 impacts the good battery life that all the reviewers agree on.

Lol, I have no idea. I don't have much experience on regular use with this device. I think my battery has never gone below 75% with CyanogenMod. It spends too much time connected to USB when I'm debugging it. :P Maybe someone else can comment on that.

I spent few days with the stock based ROM and I was impressed with the battery performance. Even the custom kernel didn't seem to trash it. I'd say battery life in my use was at least twice as good as with my old Blade (which has a two years old battery).

I haven't experienced any UI slowdowns with the ROMs I've used. It still has the normal 'Android lag' in few places (multi-tasking view, notification area in jellybean) and few skipped frames every now and then, but that's just something that you should expect from a cheap low performing hardware. In general msm7x27a performance should pretty much match the performance of high-end devices from over two years ago (Nexus S, Galaxy S).

thewild

thewild

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Lol, I have no idea. I don't have much experience on regular use with this device. I don't think my battery has never gone below 75% with CyanogenMod. It spends too much time connected to USB when I'm debugging it. :P Maybe someone else can comment on that.

I spent few days with the stock based ROM and I was impressed with the battery performance. Even the custom kernel didn't seem to trash it. I'd say battery life in my use was at least twice as good as with my old Blade (which has a two years old battery).

I haven't experienced any UI slowdowns with the ROMs I've used. It still has the normal 'Android lag' in few places (multi-tasking view, notification area in jellybean) and few skipped frames every now and then but that's just something that you should expect from a cheap low performing hardware. In general msm7x27a performance should pretty much match the performance of high-end devices from over two years ago (Nexus S, Galaxy S).

OK thanks for sharing your views on the device.
I think there are better (hardware-wise) devices in this same price range, but most of them are not widely distributed and will never have CM support (because the manufacturers won't release source codes).
Once you've tasted custom ROMs (and JB), it's hard the be stuck on original ROMs (most of which will never be upgraded to JB).

BTW, is project butter fully working on this device ? Does it make a noticeable difference ? (I believe it is since you don't mention it in the "not working" list)

merc1800k

merc1800k

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Devices:zte blade
i am trying to install original rom (update.zip) via cwm and say fail singnature.....
it is possible to install it?

Edited by merc1800k, 31 January 2013 - 01:44 PM.

Qstom

Qstom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3
How can i open system/build.prop file? Win explorer shows only sdcard directory. Using terminal emulator? How?
What's good working wifi-hotspot application? I tried severals, but nothing worked.

Edited by Qstom, 31 January 2013 - 02:20 PM.

x6itru

x6itru

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

How can i open system/build.prop file? Win explorer shows only sdcard directory. Using terminal emulator? How?
What's good working wifi tethering application? I tried severals, but nothing worked.

root explorer or adb command ;p
adb pull /system/build.prop
and push after edit
adb push /system/build.prop

Edited by x6itru, 31 January 2013 - 02:24 PM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

BTW, is project butter fully working on this device ? Does it make a noticeable difference ? (I believe it is since you don't mention it in the "not working" list)

It's working other than that there's still fake vsync events instead of hw. It's not listed because it makes no difference what so ever.

i am trying to install original rom (update.zip) via cwm and say fail singnature.....
it is possible to install it?

Sounds a lot like CyanogenMod related issue... :P

In CockWorkMod thread:

Do not use this recovery to flash official updates from ZTE website! You need to repack them for ClockWorkMod or use the stock recovery to install.

What's good working wifi-hotspot application? I tried severals, but nothing worked.

Root Explorer is great but it costs few euros. ES file explorer is free.

Wifi tether for root users works for me.

zloduh

zloduh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
  • Twitter:@zloduheg

I get minimum 24h of use with wifi on and connected all the time, tho just for mails and twitter here and there.

merc1800k

merc1800k

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

It's working other than that there's still fake vsync events instead of hw. It's not listed because it makes no difference what so ever.

In CockWorkMod thread:

In CockWorkMod thread:

where i can found stock rom for blade 3???

dorren

dorren

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

where i can found stock rom for blade 3???

Is this maybe what you search?
http://www.modaco.co...3/#entry2062909

Qstom

Qstom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3
I installed Wifi tether for root users and now computer find wifi, but how can I share network to the another android device? Example Nexus 7. It worked before custom-rom.

merc1800k

merc1800k

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Is this maybe what you search?
http://www.modaco.co...3/#entry2062909

thanks but i cant install that rom...it say in cwm fail singature !!!!
i dont know another way to install original rom

Edited by merc1800k, 31 January 2013 - 05:40 PM.

x6itru

x6itru

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
i think that you cant flash it in CWM, try in stock recovery, or i can upload backup of stock rom ( with recovery ) from cwm, but my rom have branding for polish mobile network ;p , and my backup is 450 mb :F i dont know why, but it will take a lot of time ( slow upload ;/ max 100kb/s )

Edited by x6itru, 31 January 2013 - 06:01 PM.

dorren

dorren

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Here is a custom rom based on original maybe that one has the upgrade that is originally included in stock rom?
http://www.swedroid....ead.php?t=89517
I have not tested so I do not know.

And after that use one of the roms here:
http://wwwen.zte.com.../mobile/Sweden/
Instructions on how to upgrade is in the .zip you download.

Well that is the best I can do.

On TopIc: When using the headset with your rom KonstaT, the mic is muted by "itself".

apeelme

apeelme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, ZTE Blade III
  • Twitter:@apeelme

Here you will find all stock recovery. Install appropriate zip from CWM! ;) (Scroll down to Restore to original recovery: part)
http://zteblade3.blo...ry-6012_17.html

(After installation, choose advanced - reboot recovery in CWM)

Edited by apeelme, 31 January 2013 - 06:24 PM.

merc1800k

merc1800k

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Here you will find all stock recovery. Install appropriate zip from CWM! ;) (Scroll down to Restore to original recovery: part)
http://zteblade3.blo...ry-6012_17.html

(After installation, choose advanced - reboot recovery in CWM)

thanks a lot !
i will try later

GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, HTC Sensation
notifications still freezing now and then for me (I'll change the setting to fix it) otherwise I've had no problems so far. will you eventually fix native wifi tether or is that not a priority?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users