Photo

[DEV][ROM][12.8.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

* * * * * 6 votes

• Please log in to reply
555 replies to this topic

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:zte blade 3

Yes, and I have a log up to the crash point.
If you leave the phone stuck it will eventually reboot on its own after some seconds.

great work! i'm no expert, but this is interesting.. especially these lines:

E/wpa_supplicant( 4720): wpa_driver_nl80211_driver_cmd: failed to issue private commands
E/WifiHW  (  103): Failed to open wlan fw path param (No such file or directory)
E/WifiStateMachine(  473): Failed to reload STA firmware java.lang.IllegalStateException: command '168 softap fwreload wlan0 STA' failed with '400 168 Softap operation failed (No such file or directory)'
W/CommandListener(  103): Failed to retrieve HW addr for wlan0 (No such device)
E/WifiStateMachine(  473): Unable to change interface settings: java.lang.IllegalStateException: command '170 interface setcfg wlan0 0.0.0.0 0 down' failed with '400 170 Failed to set address (No such device)'

it looks as though the network interface just vanishes. i've had this on a linux box years ago, the solution was to *not* rfkill/ifconfig down the interface, the kernel module was buggy and it didn't like that. i don't know about android though, and our wireless hardware. it's certainly not a solution to leave the wifi always on..

MrCrow

MrCrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GALAXY S4 Mini
I just realized that this ROM is the best and most stable rom for our phone! cyanogenmod 10.1 is laggy and it has camera bug (camera is very slow)

RobbieM

RobbieM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III / CM 11
Excuse me if it was already mentioned, but I seem to have a problem with Viber... Chatting works ok but as soon as i try to voice-call someone or answer a call, the phone freezez to the point where I have to pull out the battery in order to restart it... I´ve googled the problem and there seems to be some reports of similar problems but mainly about the mic not working and nothing like this... So is this something that i can fix myself or is it a general no-go?

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Excuse me if it was already mentioned, but I seem to have a problem with Viber... Chatting works ok but as soon as i try to voice-call someone or answer a call, the phone freezez to the point where I have to pull out the battery in order to restart it... I´ve googled the problem and there seems to be some reports of similar problems but mainly about the mic not working and nothing like this... So is this something that i can fix myself or is it a general no-go?

iirc, this is mentioned in every cyanogenmod rom thread in this forum. while i do have viber, i've never called anyone yet. will test today and report back. : )

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
update: viber works for me without problems.

RobbieM

RobbieM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
There was an update for Viber today, so I was kinda hoping it will work, but no luck... Same thing, it starts ringing and as soon as I pick up or the person i called picks up it just freezez up my phone... Running Viber 3.1.1 and cm-10-20130715-KonstaKANG-atlas40...

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade, Zte Blade III

There was an update for Viber today, so I was kinda hoping it will work, but no luck... Same thing, it starts ringing and as soon as I pick up or the person i called picks up it just freezez up my phone... Running Viber 3.1.1 and cm-10-20130715-KonstaKANG-atlas40...

Reflash whole rom, and make sure you wipe everything.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Blade III
New build. Most likely the last one even though couple of small issues with FM radio still remain (headset mute, jumpy volume).

cm-10-20130812-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip
https://hotfile.com/...tlas40.zip.html
md5:a44fbb410236f61221f4dbdaf50b5c3a

-FM radio updates
---saved channels don't get lost on restart
---updated FM notification to look like something from Android 4.x
---don't hide FM app from recents view
-updated media profiles (640x480 recording in camcorder by default)
-fixed issue in cpu freq table that caused reboots on some devices

MrCrow

MrCrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GALAXY S4 Mini
Can't wait anymore when will be update for miui? BTW this ROM works perfect 9.99/10 one small issue is in clock app. It lags very much when I am changing to stopwatch or countdown.

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
konstat, if you have the time, could you please look a bit into the wifi problem some of us are having? maybe open an [issue] thread for it? we have logs and it seems to affect both cm10 and cm10.1..

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

konstat, if you have the time, could you please look a bit into the wifi problem some of us are having? maybe open an [issue] thread for it? we have logs and it seems to affect both cm10 and cm10.1..

Actually, I had that wifi problem too, when I used cm10(Some months ago) and it solved by reflashing and wiping data. But with cm10.1 I havent had that problem...

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Actually, I had that wifi problem too, when I used cm10(Some months ago) and it solved by reflashing and wiping data. But with cm10.1 I havent had that problem...

interesting, i've had it on both roms. i'll try re-flashing.

RobbieM

RobbieM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Update on Viber issue: Reflashed & wiped everything last night... Now Viber doesn´t freeze up anymore, now i can´t hear anything, also nobody hears me... I´ll try the new build tonight... Maybe third time is the charm! :D

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

interesting, i've had it on both roms. i'll try re-flashing.

Reflashing usually helps for problems, and of course wipe data :)

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Reflashing usually helps for problems, and of course wipe data :)

yeah. my real problem is that if i do a data wipe, all of my apps go. and since konstat strongly advised against using titanium backup, i'm kind of out of options. : P it's worth a try at least.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Blade III

yeah. my real problem is that if i do a data wipe, all of my apps go. and since konstat strongly advised against using titanium backup, i'm kind of out of options. : P it's worth a try at least.

Nothing wrong with titanium backup. I'd just prefer if people reported any possible issues after a clean install (with no app data restored etc). Also some people have real difficulties separating system and user apps. You can easily break all kinds of things by restoring data for system apps.

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Nothing wrong with titanium backup. I'd just prefer if people reported any possible issues after a clean install (with no app data restored etc). Also some people have real difficulties separating system and user apps. You can easily break all kinds of things by restoring data for system apps.

i misunderstood you then. i never restore system data, not even from the same rom. i'll do a re-flash and data wipe and report back about the wifi issue. : )

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
well, re-flashing didn't help with the wifi issue. i haven't even restored my userspace apps. turning the wireless back on gradually becomes laggier and laggier and then boom.. it freezes.

mateo219

mateo219

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Blade III
anyone having problem with call waiting?
if i check it, digalog pops up saying updating settings, and when it's done call waiting is unchecked

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
update on the wifi thing: surprisingly, formatting /system and *then* re-flashing did the trick, no freezes anymore. how this helped is beyond me, i thought /system gets formatted anyqay when flashing roms..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users