ZTE Blade C/V807 Announced (dual core 1ghz MTK6577, JB 4.1)

bladec.jpg

Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Dual Core Cortex A9 1.0GHZ Armv7

4.0" 480x800 screen

512MB Ram

4GB ROM

3MP Camera?

Bluetooth 4.0

802.11n

PowerVR SGX531 Graphics

1,600 mAh battery

ZTE’s Blade series of Android smartphones is quite successful, as it’s offering decent performance at an affordable price. The Chinese company has sold millions of Blade handsets around the world since the first model was launched (back in late 2010).

Now, a new member of the family is about to be released. Called ZTE Blade C, the new smartphone is the first in the series to run Android 4.1 Jelly Bean from day one.

The Bluetooth SIG reveals that the Blade C is also known as ZTE V807, ZTE V889S, and ZTE T807. The V889S is already available for purchase in China, where it costs only 699 CNY – meaning about €84, or $112. This being said, the Blade C should arrive in Europe for a similarly low price.

According to ZTE, the Blade C / V807 has been designed to “capture a larger share of the low-end market”. Its features include a 4 inch WVGA display, 3G, 3MP rear camera, Bluetooth 4.0, dual-core 1 GHz MediaTek MTK 6577 processor, 512MB of RAM, 4GB of internal memory, and a 1,600 mAh battery. The handset measures 124 x 64 x 11 mm.

Lets hope that if this is sold in the uk that it gets a 5mp camera instead of 3mp. The graphics in it is the PowerVR SGX531. This chip supports 720p recording btw, I don't know if the image sensor can, i doubt it will shoot 720p out of the box. It MAY not have a microsd card slot :( I think $112/700 Yuan MAY be the price for this phone, lets hope orange sells this on payg like they did with the older blades.

Source: http://www.unwiredvi...an-coming-soon/

Please could a moderator create a new forum for the ZTE Blade C, thanks.

Edited by Guest

Guest targetbsp

I'm not sure you need that much ram. Having got hold of an SGS, it can run games with 80MB free on JB that the Blade needs about 300MB free on JB to be able to draw the damn graphics. :D

It does seem daft though considering how cheap ram is. I think it's a marketing thing. If you're making a budget phone then something in it does actually have to be budget if you ever want to sell higher end ones. Ram appears to be what they are all limiting in the £100 phones.

Edited by targetbsp

hecatae, please could you create a new forum for the zte blade c as it is bound to be rather popular. It is better than the huewei g330 which costs more, there won't be any phones of this spec in europe for quite some time only importable phones can compete with this.

I'm not sure you need that much ram. Having got hold of an SGS, it can run games with 80MB free on JB that the Blade needs about 300MB free on JB to be able to draw the damn graphics. :D

It does seem daft though considering how cheap ram is. I think it's a marketing thing. If you're making a budget phone then something in it does actually have to be budget if you ever want to sell higher end ones. Ram appears to be what they are all limiting in the £100 phones.

Thing is in sgs out of 512mb 143mb is for gfx whereas in blade only 93mb is for gfx

Also sgs has a much,much better GPU which is also good in today's terms lol

nope, it needs its own forum.

Btw i found out today that this phone is supposed to be £150 when it goes on sale in the uk: http://www.gizchina....ding-to-the-uk/

Well no reason to post it here but whatever.

The phone itself is way to expensive for a MTK base phone. You can get a JIAYU G4 with quadcore, 720p screen, 2/32GB memory and a 3000 MAh battery for just a few pounds more.

Also MTK means no CM or MIUI support.

Edited by -ION-

• 9 months later...
Guest ianfirmware

Hello. Just wondering if i can upgrade my ZTE Blade C v807 JellyBean 4.1.1 to.. --> JellyBean 4.2 or 4.3?

If Yes, Please give me some guide. If No, can i you give me some advice to improve my phone performance..?

I already ROOT my phone.

Please help me. I hope someone reply to this post. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...