[DEV][ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly2 - ParanoidAndroid 3.+/AOSP- Android 4.2.2 (29/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

Have you tinkerd with colour settings(kernel )? tapatalk used to be a not quite black in comparison to the navigation bar. but on this build it is black. not complaining :D

Nope :) Kernel hadn't been touched. Maybe related to PA changes in Pie coloring?

C3C0, thank you very much for your nice work.

And a question, please... I would like reduce the weight of the ROM and thus the size of /system. I thought I remove things from /system/media (animation start, melodies ... ), but i'm sure there are more things that can be removed without affecting the functionality. For example: that fonts are not required? What other things could erase without problems?

Thank you again :-)

Bootanimation, media (ringtones, notification). Remove launcher2 if you use different one (that's 12MB). Remove languages you don't need from LatinIME (that's 20MB).

Taplet ui is To big... i have base lutea 2 phone.

The tablet ui Form cm 10.0 works can you add in this Rom ?

Tablet UI works. It's all about your configuration. Try rebooting after applying different UI profile so apps can pick-up your new settings.

For apps you still find too big simply set DPI/layout on per-app basis.

Search on net for PA tutorials. Or go through Hrybrid properties with Help mode turned on.

You may also go through this site to find some info:

http://www.paranoid-rom.com/

Edited by C3C0

I just double checked and noticed one derp in config :D

<setting type="Hybrid" target="%system_default_layout" value="160"/>

<setting type="Hybrid" target="%system_default_dpi" value="1000"/>

<setting type="Hybrid" target="%user_default_layout" value="160"/>

<setting type="Hybrid" target="%user_default_dpi" value="1000"/>

DPI switched with layout :D 1000 DPI is not something that we really want :lol:

Sorry, I will try to prepare hotfix.

BT is for now as much as we can get. It is beyond my abilities to make it 100% functional.

Btw, there is a lot of issues in AOSP itself that are planned to be resolved in 4.2.2. So we just need to wait I think...

@mohamed

I think this could help with the status bar date and AM/PM issue

https://github.com/C...88b15264c8dff80

Edited by C3C0

Guest ArcticFox

Is there something running in background causing CPU to go crazy?

Keeps flicking between minimum and maximum fast, draining battery very quickly.

Edited by ArcticFox

Yes, a lot of services run in the background, and not only on this rom :)

Check your installed apps. You might have some running in the background doing some demanding tasks draining battery

and what's worse preventing phone to get sleeping.

Also, ondemand governor has a boostpulse implemented. So it maxes CPU everytime you touch the display.

You can try different governor, e.g. Smartass H3 - it is more battery friendly.

C3CO, u dont want to be the Next Pope.?.?.? I vote for you and your ROM's... Excellent...

C3CO for POPE you got my vote.

I've just read about some irish archbishop who predicted that there will be a last pope after Benedikt XVI which, according to some prophets,

might be an antichrist... Well, actually, that would fit the scenario pretty well :P

Edited by C3C0

Guest johnny07mdc

I've just read about some irish archbishop who predicted that there will be a last pope after Benedikt XVI which, according to some prophets,

might be an antichrist... Well, actually, that would fit the scenario pretty well :P

HaHa - very interesting that would be

Guest Mohamed Atiea

BT is for now as much as we can get. It is beyond my abilities to make it 100% functional.

Btw, there is a lot of issues in AOSP itself that are planned to be resolved in 4.2.2. So we just need to wait I think...

@mohamed

I think this could help with the status bar date and AM/PM issue

https://github.com/C...88b15264c8dff80

@C3C0 Come on nothing is beyound your abilities :D, great work, I just need a quick tutorial of how to setup dev env on PJ2 for our skate dev guide for this ROM

Guest Mohamed Atiea

It's "simple".

First you need to set up your environment: http://source.androi...itializing.html

Then you just download sources from my git:

repo init -u git://github.com/ParanoidZTE/android.git -b pa-cm-10.1

repo sync

To build rom:

./rom-build.sh skate

I know this link but do I really need "you will need at least 16GB of RAM" ? What is the recommended specs

hard to tell.

I use HP ProBook 4520s with i3, 3GB RAM, 7500rpm disk for my builds (Ubuntu 11.10).

The full build of PJ2 takes about 2 hours to complete.

For comparison, CM7 takes about 45 minutes

Guest razzmataz1478

I know this link but do I really need "you will need at least 16GB of RAM" ? What is the recommended specs

I build in a VM allocated with 6GB ram and a bit more swap.