New Bootloader that (potentially) fixes "3G reboot" issue released

Guest ACS10

Dazz has released a new modified bootloader which claims to have fixed the 3G reboot issue on our G300.

He posted the work in the CM9 thread but it might get overlooked by others so I thought a new thread would go down well.

"Update: an issue people frequently encountered for quite some time (3G reboots) was located in the unlocked bootloader images. This has been fixed. If you are having these issues, run the bootloader unlocking script here again.

Read: https://docs.google....Kq10K_-aeM/edit

Download: http://g300.thebrona...926-root-bl.zip

Dazz does it again. :)

EDIT: If you're getting "Permissions denied", do this - Settings >>> 'Developer Options' => 'Root access' => 'Apps and ADB'. Thanks to fiah84.

Post your results here - has it fixed 3G reboots for you?

Massive thanks (as usual) to top G300 dev Dazz.

Edited by ACS10

Guest peterck

I don't know if I have a problem with my 3g network it just shows this, so don't know if I need to fix it though cause I don't get any 3G reboot.

post-993040-13599184858718_thumb.jpg

Edited by peterck

That just means you don't have a signal. This is a reworked custom bootloader which has nothing to do with the OS.

AFAIK everybody with the custom bootloader (i.e. everyone not on stock) has reboot issues to some degree. On some roms I found it'd reboot sometimes when switching between 2g/3g (low 3g signal), under 10.1 it rebooted randomly while driving the other day.

This could potentially fix everybody's reboot problems.

Hats off to Dazz.

Guest peterck
That just means you don't have a signal. This is a reworked custom bootloader which has nothing to do with the OS.

AFAIK everybody with the custom bootloader (i.e. everyone not on stock) has reboot issues to some degree. On some roms I found it'd reboot sometimes when switching between 2g/3g (low 3g signal), under 10.1 it rebooted randomly while driving the other day.

This could potentially fix everybody's reboot problems.

Hats off to Dazz.

I don't know if it's just no signal. when I turn on 2g network the signal works whereas when I turn on 3g network I have no signal :blink:

post-993040-13599211660812_thumb.jpg

post-993040-13599211821574_thumb.jpg

Guest dreamypuma

Sorry to be a complete noob.

I'm using the Baidu Rom, and CWM v4. I've read the google doc,but i'm still not entirely clear on how I run this script?

Using windows, do I just leave the phone in USB debugging, and run the bootloader batch file?

When complete will I lose CWM?

Guest Pain_Deluxe

yes

thanks my god:D

(in my scareness i have it done now it a couple of time :D Hope thats not a issue ^^)

So test it now over the night by loading the battery and tomorrow over the day.

Edited by Pain_Deluxe

Guest vibracopilu

So considering that the bootloader is separate from the rom, even if I switch to another rom I will still have this fixed bootloader on my my device after I install it?

Guest jsevi83

ACS10, maybe you should've waited until this was properly tested. I really hope this bootloader fixes 3g reboots but we still don't know if it does, it needs time to test and confirm.

So considering that the bootloader is separate from the rom, even if I switch to another rom I will still have this fixed bootloader on my my device after I install it?

Once it's flashed it'll be there for good unless you change it yourself. It won't affect anything with your rom or recovery.

@ jsevi83 It'll only get tested if people on here are willing to try it en masse ;) I've had no ill effects so there's no harm in trying. You can always flash the old bootloader if for any reason this one causes problems.

Edited by ACS10

Guest jsevi83

@ jsevi83 It'll only get tested if people on here are willing to try it en masse ;) I've had no ill effects so there's no harm in trying. You can always flash the old bootloader if for any reason this one causes problems.

You are announcing it as "new bootloader that fixes 3g reboot issue". There are already some users in the irc chat testing it because they get reboots very often, so they can confirm if this bootloader fixes the issue. Anyway, I hope you won't have to change the title of this thread :P

Guest vibracopilu

Sorry to be a complete noob.

I'm using the Baidu Rom, and CWM v4. I've read the google doc,but i'm still not entirely clear on how I run this script?

Using windows, do I just leave the phone in USB debugging, and run the bootloader batch file?

When complete will I lose CWM?

My method (I previously had CM9 but the scripts weren't detecting my phone):

1) Flash B952 repack via CWM http://www.modaco.co...page__hl__ b952

2) Enable debugging after flashing the rom

3) Connect to the pc

4) instal the "Handset WinDriver"

5) Run "root-windows"

6) Run "bootloader-windows"

*If you still get some issues for step 5) and 6) try to change your usb port

Edited by vibracopilu

Guest grabster

Installed it on my infusion b06 setup.

I get regular reboots during the working day as i go in and out of the back of beyond so it should not take too long to see if this fix works or not.

Edited by grabster

Guest pan smajl

Wow! After all this time, after so many unsuccesfull attempts (RIL "fix").. If this works, I will love you Dazz.. me love you long time. :D

I will see tommorow if this helps!

Edited by pan smajl

Wait, so can I just apply this over CM10.1. I sometimes (very rarely) get a random reboot, so I might as well try it.

Edited by kyan31

Wait, so can I just apply this over CM10.1. I sometimes (very rarely) get a random reboot, so I might as well try it.

Yes you can, I did it tonight with 0 problems. The bootloader is separate from the OS, as such it doesn't matter whether you have CM9, CM10, CM10.1 or any other custom ROM on it.