New Bootloader that (potentially) fixes "3G reboot" issue released

Guest ACS10

Guest Dazzozo

The right fix is Huawei unlocks the bootloader. This is the best you're getting.

Also the clown who feels the need to flame, the MD5s may be the same because YOU ALREADY HAVE THIS BOOTLOADER. People who were here earlier on have a bad one.

Could somebody tell me, why I do NOT have reboots? I have MariDroi 4. Wifi, BT, 3G, GPS, all on. Using it second day from turning all things on and I have not had any reboot.

Guest Dazzozo

You're in the same category I was when I used this as my phone. No reboots at all, regardless of ROM or bootloader. At the moment there's no real correlation.

Guest tcpaulh

Yay \o/

Just had my first 3g reboot on the new bootloader.

Feel like I'm part of the club now.

Never had one on the old bootloader.

Why did I swap? I'm special

Edit: useless post

Edited by tcpaulh

Yay \o/

Just had my first 3g reboot on the new bootloader.

Feel like I'm part of the club now.

Never had one on the old bootloader.

Why did I swap? I'm special

Edit: useless post

Welcome. I'll send you details of the funny handshake by PM. ;)

somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but those of you with reboots should really try upgrading to the latest official firmware if you haven't already (B952 WW, not voda) - the full update.app, not flashable zips (as they don't contain the RIL and other drivers)

you may still be using the radio from the ancient B926 or some other now old version... you do this only once for every new version, and then just root-unlock-cwm flash back your custom rom

Edited by pOcHa

My understanding is that this bootloader is the latest (?) (inherently unlocked) stock GB one. If you flash an ICS update.app (such as B952) then you'll end up with a stock LOCKED bootloader. Fine if you want to stick with the latest stock ICS but not if you want to root/CWM/install custom ROMs. The problem is that Huawei have not yet acceded to the request to provide an unlocked ICS bootloader.

Edited by dalyer

I know - what I am implying is that it may not be (just) the bootloader that is causing the problem for some people, but old drivers too...

someone on the serbian forum said that huawei has responded with the message "check back in a week or two" - referring to the unlocker tool on their site (http://www.huaweidev...d=toApplyUnlock)... but might be just a canned response

Edited by pOcHa

My understanding is that nobody fully understands why the 3g reboots are happening but that, for whatever reason, the new bootloader in this thread (which is a later one than the original GB one used by some unlocking scripts) seems to reduce the frequency of 3g reboots for some (my experience) and eliminate it for others. I guess it could well be that a full solution needs more than just the later bootloader as you suggest. Also - the dev guys could do with some logs from somebody when a 3g reboot happens (and mea culpa on this front too as I haven't been able to provide them so far... :blush:) as this may help them to narrow down the problem.

Hopefully Huawei will eventually provide an unlock for the ICS bootloader and maybe that will help...

Hey guys. I do not have any sudden reboot. So logically I did something different on my G300.

This is, what I did: installed clean B935-> root+bootloader+CWM from here: 3 *.exe files (http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/) -> installed custom ROM through CWM (in my case MariDroi- need install hybrid CWM first).

I recommend you do the same and report if it works :)

Guest Buffalo Soldier

Hey guys. I do not have any sudden reboot. So logically I did something different on my G300.

This is, what I did: installed clean B935-> root+bootloader+CWM from here: 3 *.exe files (http://huaweig300.co...m-from-scratch/) -> installed custom ROM through CWM (in my case MariDroi- need install hybrid CWM first).

I recommend you do the same and report if it works :)

It's actually B936, and there are many people who followed this guide (me included) and still have reboots.

P.S. I think this topic should be locked, with one last post saying : Waiting for Huawei to give us unlocked ICS bootloader.

Edited by Buffalo Soldier

I updated to B935 via OTA and I did not archive the file. But users of our CZ forum uploaded something: http://uloz.to/hledej?q=B935

NOt my upload, but it should be the right one.

But some people say, it still reboots even with B935. But it is very strange, that I do not have this issue. Just say: it is the same phone right? We do exactly same steps, but somebody is fine and somebody has reboots :(

The last thing what comes to mind is provider- I have T-Mobile. What about you guys?

Edited by scdswd

Guest Higgy69

Sorry to say but I have just had a reboot (been running the new bootloader pretty much since it came out).

I drove home from work the back way out into the sticks, which has given me reboots before and just noticed phone was sat at SIM LOCK.

I only had rare reboots, I am running Toggle 2g so unsually phone is on 2g.

I did check web before I left and 3G stays on for 10mins after locking the screen, so I could have been out in the sticks within 10 minutes. Otherwise the phone rebooted on 2g!

Keep up the good work Daz. Reading IRC I see this Bootloader issue is proving a pain.

Sorry to say but I have just had a reboot (been running the new bootloader pretty much since it came out).

I drove home from work the back way out into the sticks, which has given me reboots before and just noticed phone was sat at SIM LOCK.

I only had rare reboots, I am running Toggle 2g so unsually phone is on 2g.

I did check web before I left and 3G stays on for 10mins after locking the screen, so I could have been out in the sticks within 10 minutes. Otherwise the phone rebooted on 2g!

Keep up the good work Daz. Reading IRC I see this Bootloader issue is proving a pain.

For what it's worth I followed the instructions here to toggle between 3G and 2G using Llama. The delay is configurable so you can have it switch instantaneously to 2G on screen off if you want.

Given the stated 10 min delay in toggling to 2G on your setup I'd suspect that it's still a 3G reboot but I guess you never know...

I was definitely getting far fewer reboots on the new bootloader but am now toggling to 2G using Llama now to avoid the reboots and to save battery.

I´m rooted with latest CWM. How should I flash the bootloader ? just run the script ? Does it matter I´m rooted and flashed the bootloader before 1 moutn ago ? I have ticket "use only 2g" and it stopped restart but I lost mobile signal and I have to reboot manually to get tge signal

Guest billyboy2468

tried this as a last resort as i got fed up with constant reboots,but is actually worse now,6 reboots in a hour,ive since went back to gb till hopefully a fix comes along for it as it is most annoying

I´m rooted with latest CWM. How should I flash the bootloader ? just run the script ?

Yes.

Does it matter I´m rooted and flashed the bootloader before 1 moutn ago ?

No.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pekahk

My two G300s are original ICS + root. The one use bootloader by DAZ and the second one the bootloader I downloaded in the manual (explain like you are 5 .. how to root, bootloader etc). Both G300s loses the GSM signal, no reboot. I dont have 3G internet so it is disabled (the data). The only solution seems to be unroot and original bootloader :(

Guest fr0do

Weird thing tonight.... I was driving back along the m6 with the g300 on the passenger seat, and it must've rebooted 4 times going past Birmingham. I enabled wireless as that was all that was different to my journey in the other direction earlier in the day, and no more reboots.

I never turn Wi-Fi off usually, and never have reboots.