ZTE Blade 3 - Initial impressions and Q&A

After my Huawei G300 broke, I decided to return to ZTE with the Blade 3, which turned up today.

Initial impressions are very good. The build quality is so much better than the G300 and past two Blades. There are no annoying plastic creaks that the G300 suffered from when pressed. It feels like a premium device to hold, much more than an £80 device.

I'm really surprised at how well ICS performs. It is miles ahead from the G300, which is surprising since the specs are pretty much identical The Blade 3 was an ICS device from launch, so I guess ZTE had the chance to build the software from the ground up, whereas the G300 originally launched with Gingerbread and only received an ICS OTA update at a later date.

Animations and scrolling are very smooth. You can search for videos on YouTube to see for yourself. The device is snappy all around, more so than the G300.

If you have any questions, please do ask. Anyone else with the phone can feel free to contribute too.

Edited by Guest

Guest timoti111

Hi :) im buying new phone zte blade 3 or g300 but i have one question :) which screen have better sensitivity? because someone on GSM Arena told this "It lacks on touch reaction, when playin games like subway surfer, it makes it impossible to react fast twice or 3 times in a row..." is it true? because on my Skate sensitivity wasnt really good.

in my blade3 screen sensitivity is very good :) i can play to games like subway surfers, temple run 1/2 without any problems, it handle every touch.

Edited by x6itru

OK thanks x6itru :). beggin you are one I am finding.You tried both of them can you recommend me which one is better? And why? :)

The ZTE Blade 3 is better in terms of build quality and software. If I were to chose a new phone, I'd definitely go with the Blade 3. However, if you already have a G300 and it's working fine, then the Blade 3 is not worth the upgrade. Stick with the G300.

Edited by Guest

OK thanks x6itru :). beggin you are one I am finding.You tried both of them can you recommend me which one is better? And why? :)

I don't think it has been unlocked yet. In a few weeks there should be a few sellers on eBay who sell unlock codes for around £5.

Edited by Guest

Guest DiegordC

I have some problems with my Blade III. It has daily reboots by itself, sometimes after self-reboot reduces battery percentage and I need to reboot it again to show me real battery stat.

I used CM9, CM10 and Aurora ROM, overclocked and normalclocked. Once I heard some cracking sound out of it. Yes, cracking sound, belive it was out of battery, I put my ear next to it:)

Has anybody else had same problems? What problems did you have?

Since that has made me worried, I want to do unroot, to claim my warranty:). I know, same way like i did root, only press UNROOT. But how do I get my stock ROM? I downloaded it, that update.zip, now I need to instal it. It is the same process as instaling custom ROM or something else?

i think that you cant flash update.zip in custom recovery, restore stock recovery first, then try to flash official update.zip

Edited by x6itru

Guest DiegordC

I thought that I can't flash with cwm.

Problem is solved. I remembered that I made a back up of stock ROM so I restored it and after that it asked to flash stock recovery or leave cwm. I love Android, it just works:-D

Has anybody else had problems with auto-reboots?

• 2 weeks later...

I have some problems with my Blade III. It has daily reboots by itself, sometimes after self-reboot reduces battery percentage and I need to reboot it again to show me real battery stat.

This is unfortunate. I have had the same problem with *both* of my original Blades (still do) on any ROM. I won't touch it with a bargepole if I'm going to be subjected to random reboots all day.

Guest DiegordC

This is unfortunate. I have had the same problem with *both* of my original Blades (still do) on any ROM. I won't touch it with a bargepole if I'm going to be subjected to random reboots all day.

It's not all day, that would be just crazy:)

After I returned to stock, week later I flashed CM10. For 11 days now, I had 1 reboot and that was half an hour ago:)

Stock ROM hasn't had any self-reboot, but it's just anoying to not be able to open desktop websites, or open them without lag. On stock ROM Phone Arena was never opened with normal browser (only Opera mini):)