Phone won't pass HUAWEI splash screen

Guest Moe29

Have a G300 phone, rooted with a stock ICS rom installed on it

Phone was working fine, then suddnely froze, not responding to any keys

I took out the battery, re-inserted it, and to my surprise, it didn't boot, just brought the HUAWEI splash screen for a few seconds, then a black screen, nothing gets displayed

Trying to boot with volume up or down doesn't do anything, just keeps the HUAWEI splash screen on the display and that's it !

If I take out the battery for sometime and try to turn it on, I just the HUAWEI splash screen for a few seconds then a black screen

I tried taking out hte battery, the SDCARD and the SIM card, no use

Any help is highly appreciated

I'm guessing you cant boot to recovery. Try downloading the official Huawei update, extract the 'dload' folder from it, and put it on your SD card. Then turn on the phone while holding the volume +/- simultaneously. A pink bar will come up and hopefully the phone will boot once everything is done.

You can download the official ICS B952 pakage here:

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDcwMjk=

Edited by kyan31

Can you get into recovery - stock or CWM if you installed it? - using the usual power + vol key combinations.

Edit: post crossed with kyan31's more useful one! :blush:

Edited by dalyer

Have you managed to fix your phone yet?

Unfortunately not yet

I've downloaded, extracted dload and put on the SD card, booted with volume +/- , the pink bar appears but stops at about 30%

I've tried both, the recently downloaded dload and the old one, both give the same thing :(

I found out I can get fastboot

> fastboot devices

a159628f fastboot

but can't flash any recovery onto it, tried clockwork, open recovery and the root ( super.img ) I used to root it , all give the error

(remote: flash write failure)

>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

sending 'recovery' (5066 KB)...

OKAY [ 0.502s]

writing 'recovery'...

FAILED (remote: flash write failure)

finished. total time: 87.887s

Any ideas ?

Any help is appreciated

Edited by Moe29

I'm not sure to be honest, I haven't bricked my phone before, so I don't really have any experience on un-bricking one. You could try flashing the middle package supplied by Huawei, i'm not sure it that would do anything though.