Negative Battery temperatures

Guest smartbyte

Guest smartbyte

Hi guys,

does anyone ever had the problem, that the phones show negative temperatures for the battery?

I am getting temperatures of -10 degrees C, while it should be something around 25!!!

The point is: I think the battery does not get charged at below 0 degrees C!

So basically I cannot charge my battery.

I installed some battery trainer (but I haven't used it!), and after that I had the issues (maybee it has nothing to do with that...)

Now I wiped everything, installed a new ROM, but the problem still persits, so either that battery trainer had a very intelligent virus, or something there is broken.

I even thought, that I saw temperatures of -1 degree yesterday, and now it went further down to -10, so something is fading away. (I just had a look again, it's now at -13!)

HELP! I cannot charge my phone anymore!!!

(I already cleaned the contacts inside the phone. - Next thing I want to do is put a piece of tape on the middle pin of the battery to check what the phone does with no sensor at all....)

... Damn! The phone was so nice, and now I might have to throw it away. :-(

Please if anyone has an idea, post an answer.

Thanks.

Guest bladebuddy

Never come across this before but have you tried whipping everything including the battery stats in advanced settings CWM depending on what version of CWM you have definitely in versions 4&5.

If not maybe a new battery is needed. I certainly don't think the phones broken.

Also format the system in mounts and storage.

Guest smartbyte

O.K. so when I put a piece of paper in front of the middle pin of the battery, my battery temperatures go down to -40 degrees, so that doesn't help...

I will try to get a new battery and hope that everything is fine by then.