452 replies to this topic

phyllocrania

phyllocrania

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Anyone else having severe issues with Lag???? Typing can halt the device for minutes and general use becomes unbearable at times.

I have this type of lag across all types of ICS/JB ROMs I've tried till today. My opinion, (without any disrespect to the amazing developers who are making fully working more/less bugfree ROMs for our G300) is that it is only GB which makes our phones fly, no matter what. I am sick and tired of changing ROMs in search of a "perfect" ROM since I bought this phone last November. I rate performance over features and that's why I think GB is the best. (Of course, that's just my humble opinion). So many apps are "incompatible" with GB. You can't have Google Chrome, Keep and other such fancy stuff, but at least GB ROMs are lag-free and don't crash. (Not all GB ROMs though, only stock GB based).

Right now I am on CM 10.2 (which is an awesome ROM, btw) but I will to move back to GB next week. 

smweb

smweb

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300

Anyone else having severe issues with Lag???? Typing can halt the device for minutes and general use becomes unbearable at times.

Which keyboard are you using? stock?

ptoner

ptoner

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Using stock with swipe turned off. yes. thinking of using a gb rom now also to stop the lag. Which would be best?

Edited by ptoner, 01 October 2013 - 04:58 PM.

phyllocrania

phyllocrania

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

SlimV7 is good. Flashable on 2030 baseband w/o any issues. Stock GB is good too. And AtomicMod ROM is also very popular.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

I'm using GB superslim-v1 and it's great so far.

It's a slightly modified version of GB slim-v7.

There's also AtomicMod.

I used the downgrade from recovery zip to revert to the GB baseband etc. because I couldn't be bothered going through the official unlock process (even though I have the code). So basically I did this:

http://www.modaco.co...-5#entry2157443

I'm not aware of any disadvantage of using the old baseband and haven't noticed any so far.

Hope this helps.

Edited by dalyer, 01 October 2013 - 06:03 PM.

smweb

smweb

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300

Using stock with swipe turned off. yes. thinking of using a gb rom now also to stop the lag. Which would be best?

Get the Slim GB as @dalyer suggested. It's nearly lag free for everything.

neroxezx

neroxezx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:G300

Still the most reliable ROM for G300? :D

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300- Ascend P1
Anyone having problem with receiving and sending MMS? everything was working ok until I did clean install of latest version v13 and since then issue started . Checked build.prop it's set to do it auto receive mms =true. All my setings with provider are set fine . Weird

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300- Ascend P1
Fixed .

Wellus

Wellus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 Ascend

just installed this rom, works perfectly but i have a problem, neither music player nor gallery can't find anything on my device, but i can see music on my sd card, although i can launch songs from file manager...

Garnt

Garnt

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

just installed this rom, works perfectly but i have a problem, neither music player nor gallery can't find anything on my device, but i can see music on my sd card, although i can launch songs from file manager...

Have you given the phone enough time to catalogue the files on your sd card? If not then thats why gallery & music player cant see them

Wellus

Wellus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 Ascend

Have you given the phone enough time to catalogue the files on your sd card? If not then thats why gallery & music player cant see them

well 3 hours passed

EDIT: ok it takes quite some time to find music and pictures, but now it's working(this bug i guess is because my card was formatted long time ago)

Edited by Wellus, 01 November 2013 - 02:55 PM.

viggen66

viggen66

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Do you experience random reboots with this rom?

bidzapfc

bidzapfc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Meeting someone's mother
  • Devices:Sony Xperia ZR

Only hacked bootloader have this issue...

If you are reading this, then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second of your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty you can't honestly think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed by authority that you give respect and credence to all who demand it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job, start a fight, prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity, you will become a statistic. You have been warned. ~ Tyler

eilz

eilz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I have B952-slim-v13  and think its best.  I tried infusion and its close second, JB I did like, but tried and learnt that for the phone its just not fast enough for it, its not worth the time to be honest, I know I lost about two days trying.

I know GB is fastest but its just too old for my liking and various features most take for granteed just aren't there or in the wrong places etc.

If anyone thinks there anything on ICS better than B952-slim-v13 let me know.

This is just my honest opinion, but since updating to the new g300 stock bootloader thing theres no reboots, which was the biggest problem, though for a beginner I found it little hard to setup, as you had to backup your current rom, do the update bootloader/stock and install all CWM apps and restore it all.  Only problem seen is once I lost my date setting and the caller id still plays up, I think you can set something to stay in memory and fix it but to be honest I don't want to hog more memory then required so just live with it.  

As "Enthusiast" Just said I believe most people with custom roms have hacked bootloader, so install new stock and should be ok

P.S. --  My "Infusion" rom still seem to have better GPS then slim though, not sure why, only thing stopping me putting slim on othe spare g300.

Edited by eilz, 15 November 2013 - 09:31 PM.

dus40

dus40

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Devices:huawei g300
i use to have reboots too with hacked botloader. Since i installed "new bootloader that potentialy fix the 3g reboot" i didn't have any reboot.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

i use to have reboots too with hacked botloader. Since i installed "new bootloader that potentialy fix the 3g reboot" i didn't have any reboot.

Unlocking the bootloader properly should have the same effect:

http://www.modaco.co...ncluded/page-17

viggen66

viggen66

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
How can I fix the bootloader to fix this issue? Does it has to do with cmw?

viggen66

viggen66

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Besides that, random reboots, lots of network signal on multiple roms I thought it was hardware related, how to fix this issue?

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

How can I fix the bootloader to fix this issue? Does it has to do with cmw?

Did you read the link that I posted?!?!  :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users