[ROM][ICS-B952]Slim ROM

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest bladebuddy
awesome rom but i have a problem: when i connect to my pc with usb cable i dont get any notification to activate data transfer... it just stay in battery charge mode

also i dont get any notification on win 7 too... was using CM before and it was working nice

how can i fix it?

Try downloading (multi mount sd lite) it may or may not reboot you're phone. Used by a few users who suffered similar problems. Don't know for sure it will work on this though. J

Edited by bladebuddy

Guest poliacido

tried that app, but didnt work.. still get no notifications... neither on my pc i dont have the classic sound that notify a usb device plugged

Guest twrock

You can't, slim forces the external sd as default storage on every reboot to avoid the bug that we have in ics. I should make an addon for this, I will when I have some time.

I assume this is a line in build.prop, yes? Can I bother you to share which one/s it is?

Thanks for making this rom available. I really like a minimal rom that I can then tweak to be what I want it to be. Starting with this one has been refreshing. The important mods have been done, but you didn't go too far with a lot unnecessary modifications.

Guest bladebuddy
tried that app, but didnt work.. still get no notifications... neither on my pc i dont have the classic sound that notify a usb device plugged

Sorry should of read you're post properly. Didn't realize you were missing the sound only not the actual settings. Soz J

Guest poliacido

i have win7...

nevermind guys, i reflashed the rom and now it's working, dunno what went wrong with the previous installation :wacko:

thanks for help

after a couple of days using this rom i have to admit it is incredibly fast and smooth... i dont know how the guy could make this rom so fast! I tried infusion and all CMs releases (9-10-10.1) but this seems twice faster!

Edited by poliacido

Guest dragonwinglet

Hi, There is new kernel on spanish page and it looks like there will be v11 of ROM one day too.

Something for someone new to this nice ROM:

-Dont play with v6 supercharger, as this rom is tuned very good.

-Dont use Supremacy Trilogy script on this rom. Look what is inside. Half is not working or has to be configured and half will make mess (and phone to perform slower). Something will not even work with our phone. Study what is inside and than you can make your own script. Again, dont use this!

Init.d (needed for scripting):

Clear slim rom (without OC kernel, v10) does not support this. You have to use OC kernel (from original Spanish page OR form here, use new kra1o5's kernel, not Paul's

) OR you can add init.d support to ROM by:

• Opening this page http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1933849
  • Downloading zip-init to sd-card
  • Installing busybox to xbin (NOT to bin)
  • Do all steps in troubleshooting (I think 4h post)
  • delete install-recovery.sh
  • flash zip-init.zip
  • Init.d should be working now

• Init.d cannot be activated by pimpmyrom/uniinit, zip-init or term-init without steps above. (even that pimpmyrom/uniinit will tell you that it is working).
    • You should have test.log in /data/ folder, but only if you have 00test script in /system/etc/init.d folder

To kernels: Paul's kernel makes things slower, with overclocking you have same speed as without his kernel (and add instant init.d support among other things). (New) Kra1o5's kernel should be faster, is created from Paul's kernel and I did not test it further.

Edited by dragonwinglet

Guest twrock

Hi, There is new kernel on spanish page and it looks like there will be v11 of ROM one day too.

To kernels: Paul's kernel makes things slower, with overclocking you have same speed as without his kernel (and add instant init.d support among other things). (New) Kra1o5's kernel should be faster, is created from Paul's kernel and I did not test it further.

I look forward to v11.

And thank you for the confirmation that Paul's kernel actually makes things slower (without overclocking). That was my experience as well. Now I am using this rom with some simple modifications to apps only, no kernel replacement. Oh, and I installed the modified notification toggles too. It is a very nice and light weight rom. It will be interesting to see if the new kernel you mention will actually be better than what we already have.

Guest dragonwinglet

I look forward to v11.

And thank you for the confirmation that Paul's kernel actually makes things slower (without overclocking). That was my experience as well. Now I am using this rom with some simple modifications to apps only, no kernel replacement. Oh, and I installed the modified notification toggles too. It is a very nice and light weight rom. It will be interesting to see if the new kernel you mention will actually be better than what we already have.

The v11 is out :blink: and with kra1o5's kernel inside.

But I dont know Spanish, and Google's translator can't make it readable for my native (Czech) language... So, I Don't know any details, there is something with GB/ICS/Baseband going on but I don't know what exactly.

Edited by dragonwinglet

Guest jsevi83

Yes, B952-slim-v11 is out with many changes:

Ouch Kernel 1.4 (thanks kra1o5)

Multibaseband: it works in GB & ICS (thanks Dazzozo)

Power Toggles CM10 style (thanks tillaz)

QuickPanel Settings to configure power toggles

Reboot to recovery in power menu (thanks tillaz)

Caller ID fix (thanks cjcandrei & tillaz)

Default alarm sound fixed (thanks drituss)

Updated SuperSu 1.25

Use Busybox from CM9

Use APN from CM9

LINK: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/297e800ea3/

It's best if you don't change the kernel, since the rom needs Ouch kernel 1.4 to set the correct libcm.so to be used. If you are in ICS and don't plan to change baseband, you could change the kernel, but I couldn't confirm if it works. There is also an app to configure the power toggles called QuickPanel Settings, you need to move the toggles before the app starts working. This only happens the first time you use it, after that it will work as expected.

Guest Redflake

V11 is great, antuntu score is up on all other roms I have tried :D

Fully agree.

Fast smooth, default storage fixed.

Can run on either baseband.

The best stock based ICS from yet.

Running it on gb baseband so should sort the reboots too.

:-)

Guest TangerineTractor

All working beautifully, with the exception of iPlayer, which fcs. Wonder if it's the same issue as on early cm9 releases?

Guest jsevi83

@jsevi

How the heck did you do that???

Independent baseband thing, I mean?

:blink:

ICS bootloader only works with ICS baseband, and GB bootloader only works with GB baseband. Daz implemented in CM kernel a way to detect what bootloader is being used based on the framebuffer memory size, and kra1o5 included that in Ouch kernel 1.4. I put in the rom both libcm.so, one from B895 and one from B952, and made a script to symlink the correct one to be used.

All working beautifully, with the exception of iPlayer, which fcs. Wonder if it's the same issue as on early cm9 releases?

is this any better than stock+, is it worth the change?

Guest TangerineTractor

Nothing to choose between them to be honest.

Stock+ is 960 based, if that makes any difference to you... but in terms of functionality and performance, I can't see any noticable advantages of one over the other - both are lean, fast and smooth stock-based ICS roms. Both have the same iPlayer issue and eveything else working fine, on my setup at least.

Nothing to choose between them to be honest.

Stock+ is 960 based, if that makes any difference to you... but in terms of functionality and performance, I can't see any noticable advantages of one over the other - both are lean, fast and smooth stock-based ICS roms. Both have the same iPlayer issue and eveything else working fine, on my setup at least.

okay thanks.