[ROM][PA/AOKP/CM10]PAC-man v19.3 for the Ascend G300

Guest razzmataz1478

Guest razzmataz1478

I guess I better put this in big capitals so you can all see this:

I DO NOT OWN A G300

If there are problems, you will have to get me a logcat and I will try, in the time that I have, to fix it.

pac_logo_header_transparent_800x200.png

Paranoid + Aokp + Cyanogen = PACman

This is a combination of these three popular ROMs

Description

The struggle to find the rom you need is over. Some people like CyanogenMod 10, Some prefer AOKP, Some like the advantages of Paranoid Android

To cure your rom hunt we have come up with the P A C man Rom.

PACman is a unique rom.

We have picked the best features from CM10, Aokp and PA and combined them in a single rom so you get the experience you deserve

To enjoy the features of every available project without the hassle of flashing regularly.

The Rom is in WIP stage so expect some minor hickups but we are trying our best to resolve these issues

Download/Mirror

Paranoid Preferences

GAPPS

Flash order (From CM10):

-Backup..if you want

-Format boot, system,cache

-Install zip

-Install PA Prefs

-Install GAPPS

Credits:

Dazzozo

Everyone who has contributed to CyanogenMod

PAC team

ParanoidAndroid Team

AOKP team

kieranswhite

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest semper fidelis

so is the annoying backlight bug fixed? hehe

thanks for ur effort

I can not download because, at me does not work in Google Chrome. You managed to upload elsewhere?

Edited by semper fidelis

Guest semper fidelis

Issues:

-Screen backlight doesn't turn off when locked

Ehjx4YB.png

YOLNl2O.png

1YFRnwJ.png

I can not download because, at me does not work in Google Chrome. You managed to upload elsewhere?

Guest razzmataz1478

This is based on Android 4.1.2, right?

yes. Any future release I'm hoping will be 4.2. But the issue with backlight needs to be solved first.

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest TangerineTractor

Can you explain teh backlight issue a bit more clearly.

Are you saying that on the lockscreen, the backlight doesn't time out, or if you hit the power button to turn the screen off it stays backlit? I personally don;t use a lock screne, so it wouldn;t be an issue for me if it's that...

Guest razzmataz1478

Can you explain teh backlight issue a bit more clearly.

Are you saying that on the lockscreen, the backlight doesn't time out, or if you hit the power button to turn the screen off it stays backlit? I personally don;t use a lock screne, so it wouldn;t be an issue for me if it's that...

According to my testers, the screen turns off and goes black, but the backlight keeps on. Maybe someone else will be able to explain this better who has flashed the ROM.

yes. when the screen is supposed to turn off it actually stays on even though the screen is black. major bug which makes the rom unusable for me now. lets hope it can be fixed.

Guest dannchelu

According to my testers, the screen turns off and goes black, but the backlight keeps on. Maybe someone else will be able to explain this better who has flashed the ROM.

I seen on the screen backlight in Chronus night mode (CM10.1), maybe a setting is wrong or something...

Some bugs that I found:

In ROM control, not all settings work. I can't change the signal, battery, clock wifi color

the lockscreen does not show any info that i set it to show( weather. It shows only the unlock ring and time)

In the notification bar, I can't add more toggles in the firs row, I can only change the second one.

no boot animation

Things I like:

Many customization options: custom carrier label, notification bar background, kill all button when long pressing home key, RAM bar, very fluid and fast

Edited by flor90

Guest razzmataz1478

For toggles I recommend using CM toggles (settings/system)

The boot animation is a bad bitmap. It's supposed to look like the default background with a multicolored shine.

I'll check if the colouring works on my Skate.

Guest razzmataz1478
I followed the install procedure, but I can't find Paranoid setting anywhere. Am I doing something wrong?

Use a root file explorer and navigate to /system/app and change the permissions of ParanoidPreferences.apk to rw/r/r (644) then reboot.

Guest thejaimes111

Some new screenshots by me :D.

ROM is pretty good, problems:

- bootanimation is a white rectangle with two black lines on top and bot, its bad implemented or corrupted...

- There are two superuser apps, SuperUser and SuperSU, SuperSU is the one that is used so SuperUser can be erased I think.

- On settings there isnt any Paranoid option.

- Maybe free RAM is a bit low...

Regards !

post-982829-13609688232826_thumb.jpg

post-982829-1360968854019_thumb.jpg

post-982829-1360968866495_thumb.jpg

post-982829-13609688770256_thumb.jpg

post-982829-13609688899059_thumb.jpg

post-982829-13609688980248_thumb.jpg

post-982829-13609689054992_thumb.jpg

post-982829-13609689170305_thumb.jpg

post-982829-13609689256661_thumb.jpg

post-982829-13609689387569_thumb.jpg