[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Guest Woznicki

If it is baseband 2030 you can, but I recommend for you to first update your cmw to the latest one

I'm a little retard when it comes to cwm, do you have some kind of instructions I could follow? :D Thanks for answering btw :)

I presume that you already have some version of CWM Installed?

If so then just get the zip (not img file) for the CWM version that you want, copy it to your sdcard and then boot into your current CWM and install the zip.

That will change the CWM version installed.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Netphilos

Hello everyone:

First of all, I want to thank Cyda for the great ROM he has cooked. It has recovered my HUAWEI G300. I was beginning to get tired of its limitations and since installation it feels like a brand new phone.

Although an experienced Linux user, I am quite new to Android tweaks, customizing ROMS, installing them, ... Well, I've been able to officially unlock my phone, root it, and install this ROM, thanks to the many great tutorials that are in this site - I mean, MODACO'S pages devoted to Huawei.

That said, there are a few things I want to ask, mainly, because I've not been able to find convincing solutions for these issues:

1.- The first one has to do with the configuration of Roaming and Data in the phone. (Sorry if names do not match exactly what you see in your terminals, but I am Spanish and I see everything in my mother tongue). While I used the stock ROM that came with my phone (ICS), I didn't need to use "Data roaming" to use mobile Data with my carrier (JAZZTEL - Spain). After installing this ROM, if I want to use Data, Configuration always tells me that I've lost Data Connectivity each time I uncheck "Data on Roaming" - the second option on mobile net configuration. I know maybe it is of no importance, but is this the default behaviour? Why did I have Data connectivity with my old stock Rom without enabling this (Data on Roaming), but not with this ROM? Even more, can I change this in any way?

2.- Secondly, and it is related with the above, I was used to how the mobile net icon changed if I changed from HDSPA (H), to 3G (3g) or even to 2G connection (G). Now the icon is always - when on mobile net connection) - on R (I suppose from Roaming). Is there an easy way to revert this and see the old icons and letters?

3.- And the last one is just a small problem that has to do with display. When I get notifications about incoming mails from my gmail account, icons are not displaying properly in the notification screen. Whenever the notification is just from one mail, everything is ok; but if it is from more than one incoming mail, it is like distorted. I attach a capture for you to check this:

Thank you anyway for any comments or solutions.

post-1037481-0-06462000-1394661608_thumb

Guest dalyer

Is your carrier a virtual operator (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_virtual_network_operator)? If so then with some ROMs you have to enable data roaming to get data working on virtual operators' networks. Others don't need this. I don't know why. The R on the bars indicates "roaming" alright. I thought that you would see the data type (E, H, H+ etc.) even with the R but maybe not....

Edited by dalyer

Guest Netphilos

Is your carrier a virtual operator (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_virtual_network_operator)? If so then with some ROMs you have to enable data roaming to get data working on virtual operators' networks. Others don't need this. I don't know why. The R on the bars indicates "roaming" alright. I thought that you would see the data type (E, H, H+ etc.) even with the R but maybe not....

Yes, it is a Virtual Network Operator... So I suppose I will have to stick with Roaming - I had already read about this before posting here- but was wondering if anyone had found a workaround. The problem is that when on Roaming, unless you change the configuration with SIM related tools (like SIM Services in my stock), you are exposed to International Roaming - and a very high phone bill - if living near State borders. So I just wanted to know if this behaviour could be changed somehow in order to avoid using Data Roaming.

By the way, I suppose as well that it has to do with the fact that the Rom is B960, which is International. ???

And no,... I haven't found a way to know directly in the notification bar the kind of data connection being established (E, H, H+...). I can only know it indirectly going to Settings --> About the phone --> Status --> Type of mobile net:

I can see there if it is HDSPA, or the like.

Thank you, any way, for your answer and consideration.

Guest cutcutcut

Finally managed to get time to install this, my first custom rom attempt. Seems to be working ok, still setting it up etc. Is there a way to customise the lock screen at all, like changing the font etc? I couldn't see any place to do so?

Guest Netphilos

Yes, it is a Virtual Network Operator... So I suppose I will have to stick with Roaming - I had already read about this before posting here- but was wondering if anyone had found a workaround. The problem is that when on Roaming, unless you change the configuration with SIM related tools (like SIM Services in my stock), you are exposed to International Roaming - and a very high phone bill - if living near State borders. So I just wanted to know if this behaviour could be changed somehow in order to avoid using Data Roaming.

By the way, I suppose as well that it has to do with the fact that the Rom is B960, which is International. ???

And no,... I haven't found a way to know directly in the notification bar the kind of data connection being established (E, H, H+...). I can only know it indirectly going to Settings --> About the phone --> Status --> Type of mobile net:

I can see there if it is HDSPA, or the like.

Thank you, any way, for your answer and consideration.

Well... I finally got it.

I found the following workaround that works with this ROM. It is taken from the Spanish forum for the Huawei G300 in htcmania. I'll just translate the solution for the non-Spanish speaking people.

http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?p=11919115

SOLUTION to activate NATIONAL DATA ROAMING

(Status bar showing 3g, H, E, etc. instead of the R Roaming for those using a VNO (Virtual Network Operator)

Download and install Xposed Framework

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1574401

Open the Xposed installer, choose the framework option - install update.

Download and install this module for Xposed

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2420249

Return to the app Xposed -> Modules -> National Roaming.

Reboot your phone.

This was found through Google from garrapatero user in:

http://www.soportetuentimovil.com/index.php/topic,6497.0.html

Tested and working

--------- END OF TRANSLATION ---------

Hope it helps anyone else...

Guest cutcutcut

So a few days into this rom I've come up against a problem. I use Doggcatcher as a podcast app and used to have it storing podcasts on the internal storage. I reinstalled it, but it is now unable to download podcasts to the internal storage, it cannot "write to file system". After some googling it sounds like it's a common issue in Kitkat but this isn't kit kat. I then tried copying a file with ES file manager and that also failed. I'm pretty sure that Link2SD is working. Would that be causing this issue? I can copy and paste from Windows fine when mounted as USB storage. Any suggestions?

Guest Netphilos

So a few days into this rom I've come up against a problem. I use Doggcatcher as a podcast app and used to have it storing podcasts on the internal storage. I reinstalled it, but it is now unable to download podcasts to the internal storage, it cannot "write to file system". After some googling it sounds like it's a common issue in Kitkat but this isn't kit kat. I then tried copying a file with ES file manager and that also failed. I'm pretty sure that Link2SD is working. Would that be causing this issue? I can copy and paste from Windows fine when mounted as USB storage. Any suggestions?

I think Cyda recommended not using internal storage as default for downloads... when in Link2int mod...You should do use your external SD card instead. See the first posts in link2int for info from Cyda on this.

Guest cutcutcut

I think Cyda recommended not using internal storage as default for downloads... when in Link2int mod...You should do use your external SD card instead. See the first posts in link2int for info from Cyda on this.

Ahh ok. Maybe that's it, just doesn't work for using as "normal" storage anymore, possibly.

Guest cutcutcut

Did you try copying a file in ES File Manager with root access enabled?

Maybe it's a permissions issue?

Is that a setting within Es file manager?

Guest cutcutcut

Yes - something like mount as root or enable root access on the filesystem.

Right, yup that box is chekced, a tried deleting some junk off that partition and it said it did, but it was still there, I had to plug it in and delete it via windows explorer. I guess it's just how link2sd sets up the partition or whatever. No matter, I'll just use the external SD card.

Guest cutcutcut

Hello everyone:

First of all, I want to thank Cyda for the great ROM he has cooked. It has recovered my HUAWEI G300. I was beginning to get tired of its limitations and since installation it feels like a brand new phone.

Although an experienced Linux user, I am quite new to Android tweaks, customizing ROMS, installing them, ... Well, I've been able to officially unlock my phone, root it, and install this ROM, thanks to the many great tutorials that are in this site - I mean, MODACO'S pages devoted to Huawei.

That said, there are a few things I want to ask, mainly, because I've not been able to find convincing solutions for these issues:

1.- The first one has to do with the configuration of Roaming and Data in the phone. (Sorry if names do not match exactly what you see in your terminals, but I am Spanish and I see everything in my mother tongue). While I used the stock ROM that came with my phone (ICS), I didn't need to use "Data roaming" to use mobile Data with my carrier (JAZZTEL - Spain). After installing this ROM, if I want to use Data, Configuration always tells me that I've lost Data Connectivity each time I uncheck "Data on Roaming" - the second option on mobile net configuration. I know maybe it is of no importance, but is this the default behaviour? Why did I have Data connectivity with my old stock Rom without enabling this (Data on Roaming), but not with this ROM? Even more, can I change this in any way?

2.- Secondly, and it is related with the above, I was used to how the mobile net icon changed if I changed from HDSPA (H), to 3G (3g) or even to 2G connection (G). Now the icon is always - when on mobile net connection) - on R (I suppose from Roaming). Is there an easy way to revert this and see the old icons and letters?

3.- And the last one is just a small problem that has to do with display. When I get notifications about incoming mails from my gmail account, icons are not displaying properly in the notification screen. Whenever the notification is just from one mail, everything is ok; but if it is from more than one incoming mail, it is like distorted. I attach a capture for you to check this:

Thank you anyway for any comments or solutions.

I too am having a probem with the third one there, the icons in the notifiacations. It seems to some sort of error with the transparency layer of the icons, or similar. Did you find a solution to this?

Guest Netphilos

I too am having a probem with the third one there, the icons in the notifiacations. It seems to some sort of error with the transparency layer of the icons, or similar. Did you find a solution to this?

Sorry... but I haven't found any solution for this yet... I also suppose it has to do with the transparency layer but I don't know how this can be modified...

Guest cutcutcut

Sorry... but I haven't found any solution for this yet... I also suppose it has to do with the transparency layer but I don't know how this can be modified...

Anybody else encounter this issue?