Photo

[DEV][ROM][17.9.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

* * * * * 11 votes

963 replies to this topic

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Blade III

Asking for help. Asking for help. Chinese version of the ZTE Blade III is ZTEV889D with this ROM no signal, can not read SIM card, hope to repair! China ZTE Blade III networks is WCDMA/GSM! Thank you very much! English is not good, please forgive me!

Hello. I'm LEWA OS for v889d's moderator! Asking for help. Asking for help. Chinese version of the ZTE Blade III is ZTEV889D with this ROM no signal, can not read SIM card, hope to repair! China ZTE Blade III networks is WCDMA/GSM! Thank you very much! Hope is done here!http://bbs.lewaos.co...bile=yes&page=1 English is not good, please forgive me!

I'll forgive the broken English, but not the big red letters and spamming several thread with the same posts. You being a forum moderator should know better. ;)

V889D is not a Blade III variant. It's a different device that just has similar hardware. There is no dual-SIM support in CyanogenMod and telephony doesn't work with CyanogenMod on dual-SIM devices (V889D, V880E).

力⊙o⊙

力⊙o⊙

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I'll forgive the broken English, but not the big red letters and spamming several thread with the same posts. You being a forum moderator should know better. ;)
V889D is not a Blade III variant. It's a different device that just has similar hardware. There is no dual-SIM support in CyanogenMod and telephony doesn't work with CyanogenMod on dual-SIM devices (V889D, V880E).

Thank you very much! Please overlook my rudeness. The two ROM (cm10.1\miuiv5) function perfectly in the v889d device, the only flaw is that there is no signal! Since have similar hardware, should be able to repair, international friends can help us? China has a lot of friends with the v889d expectation! I recommend using v889d official ROM, two card cm and the ROM binding, even if the final is a single card, also it doesn't matter, as long as the v889d can use, thanks again!

boros2222

boros2222

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
Hey. Konstat. I found an article. CyanogenMod 10.1 RC5 is out now. I don't know, how these roms are working. It's just an idea.
Can you solve the bluetooth problem from that rom?
The link: http://www.androidgu...-1-rc5-out-now/

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Hey. Konstat. I found an article. CyanogenMod 10.1 RC5 is out now. I don't know, how these roms are working. It's just an idea.
Can you solve the bluetooth problem from that rom?
The link: http://www.androidgu...-1-rc5-out-now/

Err, CyanogenMod is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code and it's built for wide range on devices. This is a device (or a family of devices) specific issue, not a CyanogenMod issue. RC5 or whatever is just a 'tag' they give to their official builds (this is unofficial) when they've reached some internal goals. It's still built from the same source tree it was built yesterday or will be tomorrow. There's a link to merged changes in the second post.

Problem with bluetooth is that Google introduced a completely new bluedroid bluetooth stack in Android 4.2 (vs. bluez stack used in 4.1 and prior). There are no devices with similar bluetooth hardware (WCN2243) with Android 4.2 and Qualcomm doesn't provide valid sample code for this bluetooth chip because they don't officially support our msm7x27a platform on Android 4.2 either.

Majaaa

Majaaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Blade III
Help,
rooted my Blade III and flashed to cyanogenMod and i am experiencing several random reboots,it reboots during use,when typing messages (i changed sms application several times but didnt help) it show blue screen and then reboot.
i have clockworkmod 6.0.3.2 and used cyanogenMod 10 and CyanogenMod 10.1 but same thing.

Did flashing firmware,or kernel would solve this bug?

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade, Zte Blade III

Help,
rooted my Blade III and flashed to cyanogenMod and i am experiencing several random reboots,it reboots during use,when typing messages (i changed sms application several times but didnt help) it show blue screen and then reboot.
i have clockworkmod 6.0.3.2 and used cyanogenMod 10 and CyanogenMod 10.1 but same thing.

Did you wipe?

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
Finally got my Blade III working today, 2 hours on stock rom :D, before I moved to cm10. Thanks much about this Rom KonstaT :)

mchalakov

mchalakov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire , ZTE Blade 3

Help,

The same for me.
Actually I found that the blue screen during typing is from the keyboard(I tried other keyboards and the blue screens/reboots from typing were much less).
But yes there's just too many random reboots so I flashed back Aurora :)

plantroon

plantroon

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:@plantroon
What are those random reboots everybody is talking about? I've only had 3-4 on this device in past 3 months and I change ROMs every week just to see how awesome they are. Is it because of overclocking or something?

I wish Canonical made some good work and Ubuntu Touch got optimized&running on any android phone....I wouldn't mind having android apps runtime as well :D

fleky

fleky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III, Nokia 3210

What are those random reboots everybody is talking about? I've only had 3-4 on this device in past 3 months and I change ROMs every week just to see how awesome they are. Is it because of overclocking or something?

I think random reboots have nothing to do with overclocking, it keeps on rebooting on normal frequency as well. Mainly when I'm watching something in MXplayer with software decoding.

Edited by fleky, 16 June 2013 - 08:15 PM.

boros2222

boros2222

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Err, CyanogenMod is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code and it's built for wide range on devices. This is a device (or a family of devices) specific issue, not a CyanogenMod issue. RC5 or whatever is just a 'tag' they give to their official builds (this is unofficial) when they've reached some internal goals. It's still built from the same source tree it was built yesterday or will be tomorrow. There's a link to merged changes in the second post.

Problem with bluetooth is that Google introduced a completely new bluedroid bluetooth stack in Android 4.2 (vs. bluez stack used in 4.1 and prior). There are no devices with similar bluetooth hardware (WCN2243) with Android 4.2 and Qualcomm doesn't provide valid sample code for this bluetooth chip because they don't officially support our msm7x27a platform on Android 4.2 either.

So, will there be any solution ever for that? Something custom code?

boros2222

boros2222

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

The same for me.
Actually I found that the blue screen during typing is from the keyboard(I tried other keyboards and the blue screens/reboots from typing were much less).

I know this problem. Sometimes my phone reboots with the same blue screen, but I found a solution for that. If you set the processor governor to performance, it will never reboot. It worked for me.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Help,

The same for me.

I think random reboots have nothing to do with overclocking, it keeps on rebooting on normal frequency as well. Mainly when I'm watching something in MXplayer with software decoding.

First make sure that you've done a clean install of the ROM (including formatting /system partition) and that you're not overclocking your CPU.

I can't reproduce any random reboots so it's up to you to post logs (logcat, dmesg) of this issue. Why haven't I seen any?

So, will there be any solution ever for that? Something custom code?

Sure it can be fixed if someone is willing to invest time and energy in debugging and fixing it. I've already wasted more than one weekend in trying to make it work and I haven't succeeded. Now it's someone else's turn to have a crack at it (TeamHackLG?).

The new bluedroid stack works on Blade on even older Qualcomm chip (BTS4025) than what we have on our device. That needed a specific vendor lib to be written for it. Another solution that would definitely work would be to forward port the old bluez stack to 4.2. Imo that isn't the best possible solution and it isn't future proof either. I'd rather have it done in a way that has a chance of working in the next Android version as well.

boros2222

boros2222

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

First make sure that you've done a clean install of the ROM (including formatting /system partition) and that you're not overclocking your CPU.

I can't reproduce any random reboots so it's up to you to post logs (logcat, dmesg) of this issue. Why haven't I seen any?

Sure it can be fixed if someone is willing to invest time and energy in debugging and fixing it. I've already wasted more than one weekend in trying to make it work and I haven't succeeded. Now it's someone else's turn to have a crack at it (TeamHackLG?).

The new bluedroid stack works on Blade on even older Qualcomm chip (BTS4025) than what we have on our device. That needed a specific vendor lib to be written for it. Another solution that would definitely work would be to forward port the old bluez stack to 4.2. Imo that isn't the best possible solution and it isn't future proof either. I'd rather have it done in a way that has a chance of working in the next Android version as well.

So, there isn't too much chance to be fixed.. :/

TheWhisp

TheWhisp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:GT-S6500D
About Bluetooth... CAF has implemented Bluez stack into 4.2, not sure if you already knew that but perhaps you can try that. Guys at androidarmv6 have adapted it to CM10.1 sources.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

About Bluetooth... CAF has implemented Bluez stack into 4.2, not sure if you already knew that but perhaps you can try that. Guys at androidarmv6 have adapted it to CM10.1 sources.

Yeah, I know and I also noticed you started using it on Mini 2. I have no doubt it would work but I'd much rather have it working with bluedroid. You can't keep porting bluez to this and every subsequent Android version.

boros2222

boros2222

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
My battery discharges so fast on Android 4.2. I checked the battery options and the screen used 45 percentages. The screen's brightness is already put lower, but still uses a lot of energy. It discharges 4-6 percentages if I use it for about 10minutes. Any idea how I can solve it?

Lipofil

Lipofil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Yeah, I know and I also noticed you started using it on Mini 2. I have no doubt it would work but I'd much rather have it working with bluedroid. You can't keep porting bluez to this and every subsequent Android version.

Well, what other options are there? I.e., what's the likelihood of Qualcomm releasing the specs (hah) or sample code for the MSM7227 chipset's Bluetooth functionality?

To get an Android 4.2.x on the ZTE Blade III, there are three options:

a ) Wait forever until drivers are released (unlikely)
b ) Use it without Bluetooth (sure, cool if you don't care about BT)
c ) Port the 4.1.x stack over to 4.2.x

Essentially, c) is the only option for having Bluetooth. What sort of work does it take to port over the stack? How much has the low-level API (HAL?) that bluez hooks into changed from 4.1 to 4.2?

(Trevlig midsommar! :-))

Edited by Lipofil, 21 June 2013 - 08:47 PM.

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Well, what other options are there? I.e., what's the likelihood of Qualcomm releasing the specs (hah) or sample code for the MSM7227 chipset's Bluetooth functionality?

Essentially, c) is the only option for having Bluetooth. What sort of work does it take to port over the stack? How much has the low-level API (HAL?) that bluez hooks into changed from 4.1 to 4.2?

KonstaT has said that bt stack is completely different in 4.2 than in 4.1. About porting, I dont know, but it may be that he still needs some sources, etc? But it seems not to be impossible, KonstaT just do not want to waste half of the year with fighting to get bt work on 4.2. Its hard job to port it(If its possible at all)

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Qualcomm is with no doubt the best chipset manufacturer what comes to open sourcing and supporting their platform. They have wide range of in-house bluetooth solutions but unfortunately not all of them are (yet) supported with Android 4.2. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with the next Android version. MSM7x27A is not the only platform where this bt chip comes by 'default'. And by default doesn't mean that a vendor (e.g. ZTE in this case) would be forced to use Qualcomm bluetooth/wifi solution, they could have sticked in a Broadcom chip as well.

Porting bluez stack is quite invasive and that's why I wouldn't like to do it. And like said, it's not future proof either. 4.2 and everything onward will use bluedroid.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users