NFC On Huawei Ascend G300

Guest george109

Guest george109

Hi,

I was Wondering if there is any way I can get NFC on my Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815), as Have Searched for it, but lots of people are contradicting themselves by saying that you can and you cant, I do know it has the capability as Huawei use the same ROM for the U8815 and the U8818, but is there any way that I can get it through buying a different battery or as Davidoff59 has pointed out it can with a case or a sleeve

Fully Integrated into the handset: NFC,

especially in newer devices, can be fully

integrated into the handset. That means that

the NFC controller ( the piece that does the

actual communication) and the secure

element ( the secure storage area connected

to the NFC controller) are both integrated

into the handset itself. One example of a

fully integrated NFC handset is the Google

Nexus S, Google's latest flagship phone built

in partnership with Samsung.

On a SIM card: Alternately, NFC can be

integrated into a SIM card - the card that

identifies a mobile subscriber on an

operator's cellular network.

On a microSD card: NFC technology can

also be integrated on a microSD card, which

is a removable storage card that uses flash

memory. Many mobile phone owners use

microSD cards to store photos, videos, apps

and other files in order to save storage space

on the phone itself. For phones that don't

have a microSD card slot, accessories like

cases or "sleeves" can be used instead. For

example,

This is at:

http://www.modaco.co...c/#entry1956273

Can anybody clear this up for me, and please don't tell me to search the forums for it, as I have done! (sorry to sound rude, but I do always try to find an answer by myself before I ask about it)

Thanks

George

Edited by george109

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

There are two versions of G300s. The first one, U8815, has two holes under battery cover. It means that there are no pins for NFC antenna. The second one, U8815N, has two pins instead of two holes. This version is NFC enabled by default.

So - no pins, no NFC.

Guest NeburG300

There are two versions of G300s. The first one, U8815, has two holes under battery cover. It means that there are no pins for NFC antenna. The second one, U8815N, has two pins instead of two holes. This version is NFC enabled by default.

So - no pins, no NFC.

If it helps someone here it is the photo of one g300 with NFC.

huawei_g300_19.jpg

Guest george109

Ok, Is there any way of getting it, as Davidoff59 said that you can use a special case or buying a different battery or even an SD card, Is this true?

Thanks

George

EDIT:

Here is a screenshot from my about phone, Just in case anyone wanted to know more about my phone type:

http://adf.ly/JjvHZ

Thanks

George

Edited by george109

Guest bladebuddy
Kingdom for explanation what is nfc?

NEAR FIELD COMMANDS. Basically a way to share small files or pay for things by moving you're phone near a nfc capable device.

You see it in adverts for the galaxy s3 when they share a photo by touching phones.

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

Ok, Is there any way of getting it, as Davidoff59 said that you can use a special case or buying a different battery or even an SD card, Is this true?

Hey,

there are only two solutions, how to get NFC into your device. The first solution is to use NFC Micro SD card and the second one is NFC enabled SIM card. The solution with battery is not applicable to G300.

Guest george109

I can't wait to be able to get one of these! (Quoted from http://www.rfid-blog.com/?p=649 )

How to turn your non-NFC phone into an NFC-enabled phone with NFC stickers

Since Osama Bedier, VP of Payments for Google, let slip that NFC stickers could theoretically work in allowing you to turn your non-NFC phone into an NFC-enabled phone, the rumor has been a buzz. Google has planned to release a special sticker that will allow phones without built-in NFC capabilities to access the Google Wallet app. The Google Wallet special sticker can be attached to the back of the phone and works like a single-purpose NFC chip. It will only work for the app and it can only be set to accommodate a single credit card. Yet no actual product is available for the time being.

It is for sure that there will be other options coming to market allowing you to turn your non-NFC phone into an NFC-enabled phone. So let’s just wait to see it.