• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

David Mo

David Mo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:HTC Flyer, San Diego

Has anyone had any luck finding silicone case for xolo???

I purchased this recently, comes with two screen protectors.
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27cb479790

Gakarod

Gakarod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Gaming and developing android
  • Devices:i phone 4 , OSD , Xolo Q800
would jellybean of xolo x500 or x1000 work on xolo x900

Andymac1969

Andymac1969

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Devices:LG G2, Moto G

I purchased this recently, comes with two screen protectors.
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27cb479790

I got the yellow one, fits well, but I think it will go baggy at some point :o

Andrew

Attached Files

nadezz

nadezz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
It does go very baggy, and its annoying because it blocks messes with the light detector so when you are trying to end a call it still thinks you are holding the phone to your face (aka screen off)

I really wanna see a hardcase sometime but i am not hopeful

Edited by nadezz, 25 March 2013 - 11:06 PM.

Xolo X900_1

Xolo X900_1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Xolo X900, Ideos U8150
  • Twitter:@Xolo X900

I got the yellow one, fits well, but I think it will go baggy at some point :o

Andrew

Is your phone Xolo or San Diego??? What about the speakers hole???? Also I'm the person who started this thread and made a new account as I don't have my fb password with me... I'm Xolo X900... ;-) :-D

Xolo X900_1

Xolo X900_1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

would jellybean of xolo x500 or x1000 work on xolo x900

Yes if we can use our (X900) kernel source...

Xolo X900_1

Xolo X900_1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I know I said this before (twice actually) but according to my xolo official friend jb for us is confirmed for 25th this month... I have my hopes up but don't know till what extent its true...

Andymac1969

Andymac1969

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
It's a San Diego and all the holes are correct for leaving the right spaces etc

shootomanUK

shootomanUK

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Devices:AZ210A , WT19i , DynaTAC 8000X
  • Twitter:@not got one

I know I said this before (twice actually) but according to my xolo official friend jb for us is confirmed for 25th this month... I have my hopes up but don't know till what extent its true...

ask your xolo official friend how to unlock the bootloader !

Xolo X900_1

Xolo X900_1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

It's a San Diego and all the holes are correct for leaving the right spaces etc

Is mean xolo has speakers on its sides.... So ill have to cut the holes...

Xolo X900_1

Xolo X900_1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

ask your xolo official friend how to unlock the bootloader !

I've asked and he says that xolo doesn't have the control over these phones and Intel is damn adamant that they won't unlock it... Also if xolo does sell enough number of handsets then they can force Intel... Also it's not xolo who make the rom its all Intel... So no devs at xolo with x86 knowledge.... I even asked if we could get the rom signing tool from Intel so that we can compile an unlocked kernel then flash it but it turns out Intel will sue xolo if leaked so nothing for now... Let's see if some Motorola devs help us...

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

I've asked and he says that xolo doesn't have the control over these phones and Intel is damn adamant that they won't unlock it... Also if xolo does sell enough number of handsets then they can force Intel... Also it's not xolo who make the rom its all Intel... So no devs at xolo with x86 knowledge.... I even asked if we could get the rom signing tool from Intel so that we can compile an unlocked kernel then flash it but it turns out Intel will sue xolo if leaked so nothing for now... Let's see if some Motorola devs help us...

** Really?

That sounds rather unlikely, and particularly like bogus information from your friend, with respect. So, there's no developers AT ALL, working on an x86 product, who have *any* x86 knowledge?

Rigggght... :P

PS: I have 98 "official" friends on facebook, and I would be rather foolish to take every word each of them said, literally! :D :D

PPS: Someone, somewhere *will* leak the required tools, even if not for another year, or however long. Who cares if Intel sue Xolo? Not me - not a solitary *bean*. So long as freedom is preserved and taught to be respected, maybe these corporate bullies will learn from it (eventually, possibly).

Edited by glossywhite, 16 April 2013 - 10:43 PM.

Xolo X900_1

Xolo X900_1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

** Really?

That sounds rather unlikely, and particularly like bogus information from your friend, with respect. So, there's no developers AT ALL, working on an x86 product, who have *any* x86 knowledge?

PS: I have 98 "official" friends on facebook, and I would be rather foolish to take every word each of them said, literally! :D :D

PPS: Someone, somewhere *will* leak the required tools, even if not for another year, or however long. Who cares if Intel sue Xolo? Not me - not a solitary *bean*. So long as freedom is preserved and taught to be respected, maybe these corporate bullies will learn from it (eventually, possibly).

Don't you read thoroughly??? Intel makes the rom and signs it... They give it to xolo who JUST UPLOADS THE ROM TO THERE SERVER... Xolo has devs for arm and not x86...

Xolo X900_1

Xolo X900_1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

** Really?

Also you dull creature... :P are your only friends from Facebook??? Because I have friends in the real world too... The person who said that jb is gonna be out is a sales head so I'm not sure about his information.... But the one who told me about the unlocking is the person who upload Roms onto xolo server and a person I was introduced to by Vishal Sehgal.... Co founder lava industry....

shootomanUK

shootomanUK

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Devices:AZ210A , WT19i , DynaTAC 8000X
  • Twitter:@not got one
I personally doubt it has anything to do with intel as regards unlocking the bootloader, it would be a carrier based descision.
Intel over the years has been very forward in open technology i.e overclocking,developmnent e.t.c, and the customer service is second to none.
So i can't see why intel would not allow it to be unlocked.
The descision would be up to orange,xolo,megafon to allow for release of the unlocking info, but i'd imagine all parties would have to agree on the descicion with regards legalities.
So without a leak of information or all three parties to allow this then we would have to hack the device.
That's why independent device manufacturer's like zte,motorola,htc e.t.c (albeit some only recently) have no quarms about what you do with the device once purchased.
You must remember that this device was never intentionally and probably never will be unlocked unless of an exploit.
Intel make the cpu's and thats it, so why on earth people think intel would unlock it is beyond me.

Xolo X900_1

Xolo X900_1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I personally doubt it has anything to do with intel as regards unlocking the bootloader, it would be a carrier based descision.
Intel over the years has been very forward in open technology i.e overclocking,developmnent e.t.c, and the customer service is second to none.
So i can't see why intel would not allow it to be unlocked.
The descision would be up to orange,xolo,megafon to allow for release of the unlocking info, but i'd imagine all parties would have to agree on the descicion with regards legalities.
So without a leak of information or all three parties to allow this then we would have to hack the device.
That's why independent device manufacturer's like zte,motorola,htc e.t.c (albeit some only recently) have no quarms about what you do with the device once purchased.
You must remember that this device was never intentionally and probably never will be unlocked unless of an exploit.
Intel make the cpu's and thats it, so why on earth people think intel would unlock it is beyond me.

I've had the same doubt but according to my friend Intel says that medfield platform is still not optimised properly for Android and xolo, orange or megafone don't have control because all of us know it's a reference design anyway xolo is a pretty small company to stand up to Intel and they need Intel to keep going... Also there are " security issues " which I don't get... All I wish to get is the signing key and we can compile an unlocked kernel and then flash it... Also according to my sales friend no camera modifications... Which means we are still stuck with the stupid camera quality.... The camera sensor according to my friend is the one in s2 but Intel hasn't optimised it in ics ....

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Don't you read thoroughly??? Intel makes the rom and signs it... They give it to xolo who JUST UPLOADS THE ROM TO THERE SERVER... Xolo has devs for arm and not x86...

Also you dull creature... :P are your only friends from Facebook??? Because I have friends in the real world too... The person who said that jb is gonna be out is a sales head so I'm not sure about his information.... But the one who told me about the unlocking is the person who upload Roms onto xolo server and a person I was introduced to by Vishal Sehgal.... Co founder lava industry....

"Also you dull creature..." Eh? LOL.

It is very rude and discourteous to speak to people in the tone in which you have, especially since you are the "new kid on the block", so to speak. Regardless of how you feel about my comment, you simply have to address people in a more civil manner - you reap what you sow, and even if you were NOT new here, you'd *still* have no "right" to talk down to people - we're all the same, including you, so please - don't talk to me like that.

Right, back to being dull :)

Take care.

Edited by glossywhite, 17 April 2013 - 03:32 AM.

Xolo X900_1

Xolo X900_1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

"Also you dull creature..." Eh? LOL.

It is very rude and discourteous to speak to people in the tone in which you have, especially since you are the "new kid on the block", so to speak. Regardless of how you feel about my comment, you simply have to address people in a more civil manner - you reap what you sow, and even if you were NOT new here, you'd *still* have no "right" to talk down to people - we're all the same, including you, so please - don't talk to me like that.

Right, back to being dull :)

Take care.

I'm seriously sorry dude I was trying to be funny.... :-P I didn't mean any disrespect....

XOLO X900

XOLO X900

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:XOLO X900 , Huawei Ideos U8150
http://www.themobile...te-over-the-air
Guys for those who want proof here go to link and read it yourself...

Andymac1969

Andymac1969

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

http://www.themobile...te-over-the-air
Guys for those who want proof here go to link and read it yourself...

If you look at the Tagged phones at the bottom of that, it does NOT mention the X900

Tags: XOLO A800, XOLO A700, XOLO A800, XOLO Q800, XOLO X500C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users