• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

goodye

goodye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Just to check, this is stock ICS bootloader that you've unlocked?

Yes it's ICS stock, 4.0.3, baseband 2030

What can be gained from this? No more 3G reboots?

I don't know, but i now have option in Settings->Storage->Software update->SD card Upgrade, and i didn't have that before.

Buffalo Soldier

Buffalo Soldier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Yes, for the beginning, but who knows what else can Dazz and Co. get out of it :D

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w
Is this something new, regarding bootloader unlocking?

c8812/u8818 official 4.0 key ROOT + Bootloader Unlock tool - without official application unlock code [PC]
http://bbs.dospy.com/thread-16020902-1-650-1.html

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

logo-telekineza.png 

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Is this something new, regarding bootloader unlocking?

c8812/u8818 official 4.0 key ROOT + Bootloader Unlock tool - without official application unlock code [PC]

http://bbs.dospy.com/thread-16020902-1-650-1.html

No, that's the unlocked bootloader we have for a long time, but it causes 3G reboots.

goodye

goodye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Here is same phone on 3G and work normally on reboot no nothing wrong

Posted Image

Edited by goodye, 27 March 2013 - 02:44 PM.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
Means nothing until they put it on the website. We can't rely on people having gotten through to their customer support.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

goodye

goodye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I think everybody can get code, you just need to send them mail with your IMEI and email adress, and what phone u have, u8815

irishpancake

irishpancake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy SIII GT-I9300
If Huawei are releasing BL unlock for individuals, based on a request from that person, can a general unlock protocol be far away??

I will do as goodye and request unlock code.

I am running Stock + with the unlocked GB BL.....

So what needs to be done if Huawei give an unlock code??

Back to Stock ICS ROM?

As before I flashed the custom ROM?

Do you need to change recovery back to Stock too?

Edited by irishpancake, 27 March 2013 - 03:19 PM.

Now got Galaxy S III I9300 ...and Momo11 Bird Tablet running Christian Troy CM9....the wife has an Ascend g300 running?? Stock+ R6 from Cyda!!

Get Dropbox....Please click and get 2GB free plus 250Mb for referral...Dropbox is useful

goodye

goodye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
i think it doesn't matter what rom you use.
Just send them mail that u want unlock code for bootloader and write your IMEI model of your phone (U8815 G300) and your email address and that's it. they will send u code for about 3 days, maybe sooner.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w
Greetings to Mostar! :)

logo-telekineza.png 

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 

irishpancake

irishpancake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

i think it doesn't matter what rom you use.
Just send them mail that u want unlock code for bootloader and write your IMEI model of your phone (U8815 G300) and your email address and that's it. they will send u code for about 3 days, maybe sooner.

But you are on Stock ICS, with a locked Bootloader in the first case, no?

You are were not running a Custom ROM with the unlocked GB Bootloader??

So, my question is does someone on a custom ROM, like Stock+, using the unlocked GB Bootloader, need to return to Stock ICS, with Stock ICS locked Bootloader to carry out the ICS Bootloader unlock procedure?

Or can it be done another way?

Now got Galaxy S III I9300 ...and Momo11 Bird Tablet running Christian Troy CM9....the wife has an Ascend g300 running?? Stock+ R6 from Cyda!!

Get Dropbox....Please click and get 2GB free plus 250Mb for referral...Dropbox is useful

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
You need to install a ics update.app and then use the code to unlock bootloader from fastboot.

irishpancake

irishpancake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

You need to install a ics update.app and then use the code to unlock bootloader from fastboot.

Thanks, but I am not familiar with ics upgrade.app....would I be better to do as you suggest here...

If I am on Cyda Stock+, using the GB Bootloader, as I had to, would just flashing two zips in recovery??

As you said:

NOTE: If you are using any stock based ICS rom (like Stock Plus, Lightning, Infusion, B952-slim, etc), you can install the zip to downgrade to GB (look HERE) and then install the zip to use ICS roms in GB. You don't need to make wipes or reinstall the rom, just flash those two zips in recovery and reboot. I think this method is better than relocking the bootloader.

Would that save a lot of messing around??

Does this method, your one above, also flash a kernel [Ouch] for use with the GB baseband? can it give o/c etc??

Thanks, and sorry for any stupid questions. :)

EDIT...seems some have had problems, those on MVNO operators.

I am on Tesco mobile in Ireland, MVNO using O2 Network here, and I really don't want to have a problem with Network Data, as speeds are not the best anyway.

Which solution do you think is best?

Your ICS on GB baseband, with locked GB bootloader, as above....

or the new solution which involves unlocking the ICS Stock Bootloader, which involves going back to Stock ICS first, unlocking ICS bootloader, and then reinstalling Stock+ or whatever ROM??

Can a Nandroid made before the unlocking be restored safely [would it restore the original Bootloader, or is this ever backed up??]

Sorry again, but it is confusing and don't wanna brick wifes phone, life is hard enough already.... :D

Edited by irishpancake, 27 March 2013 - 09:14 PM.

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
You asked so many questions i don't know where to start. There is a topic for upgrade or downgrade using a zip from recovery. There is another thread for using ICS roms in Gb baseband. Read those to answer some of your questions. There is another thread to lock the bootloader if you are in ICS baseband with an ICS rom. I cannot tell what is the best solution for you, you have to try and find out.

In case you got the code from Huawei to officially unlock the bootloader, then you need to install an ics update.app before using that code.

grmn

grmn

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
In his situation, would that require IMEI-zeroing?

irishpancake

irishpancake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

You asked so many questions i don't know where to start. There is a topic for upgrade or downgrade using a zip from recovery. There is another thread for using ICS roms in Gb baseband. Read those to answer some of your questions. There is another thread to lock the bootloader if you are in ICS baseband with an ICS rom. I cannot tell what is the best solution for you, you have to try and find out.

In case you got the code from Huawei to officially unlock the bootloader, then you need to install an ics update.app before using that code.

Sorry jsevi83 ;-)

I know there are so many questions cos there are so many new options, thanks mainly to your good work!!

I'll try start something, just one option, then I will see. OK....

Thanks again man...

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505
Just done it :)
Getting sick of the 3G reboots now :angry:

Edited by george109, 09 April 2013 - 12:48 PM.

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300- Ascend P1
So anyone else lucky receiving code lately...

hippy dave

hippy dave

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Devices:G300, Hudl
I got a reply saying they couldn't find the code and I should check the IMEI -I'd definitely sent them the right one tho. Been waiting for another response, will harass them some more soon.

grmn

grmn

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

I got a reply saying they couldn't find the code and I should check the IMEI -I'd definitely sent them the right one tho. Been waiting for another response, will harass them some more soon.

Same here. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users