40 replies to this topic

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

You should try it first before posting it. We are not obligated to brick our devices.

If you flash any zip found on a forum without doing a nandroid backup first then you can't blame anyone but yourself. And if you made a nandroid, what's the problem? The phone boot loops and you go "Oh, well that didn't work" and restore the backup.

Curlie

Curlie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
This is it:Attached File  Screenshot_2013-03-07-13-34-58.png   132.45KB   70 downloads

Edited by Curlie, 07 March 2013 - 05:06 PM.

NikitoGR

NikitoGR

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Devices:U8815N

Tillaz has no g300 to test it on, and all flashable zips have the chance of boot looping the phone. Its common sense to make a nandroid backup.

P.s this would never brick your phone. A boot loop and a brick are completely different.

Brick: your phone is dead

Boot loop: your phone is temporarily non functional, but can be fixed easily. All you have to do is boot into recovery and flash a ROM, or restore your nandroid backup.

If you flash any zip found on a forum without doing a nandroid backup first then you can't blame anyone but yourself. And if you made a nandroid, what's the problem? The phone boot loops and you go "Oh, well that didn't work" and restorethe backup.

You're both right about the backup but more info wouldn't kill anyone!

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

Nobody knows how this performs, and tillaz doesn't have a G300 so he can't say if it is better or worse on our phone. The previous developer release like this worked fine on the G300 (in fact the previous drivers are included with Stock+) but this was only discovered by testing them. Everything we do on these forums has an inherent risk and someone has to take the first step, the devs & modders here take plenty of risks with their own phones in the name of the community (for example I bricked my G300 trying to find a fix for the random storage swap that bugs stock roms, and yet I rarely even suffer from the problem myself) but it shouldn't be expected to have to fall on their shoulders everytime.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts

What info do you need? Its a driver, so there are no screenshots. There isn't actually much info to post, if you don't know what it is yourself, you shouldn't even use it.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

PixelPixie

PixelPixie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
That benchmark score looks pretty high to me especially if that is without an overclock, I only get 4.3k @ 1267 so could be promising.
So curlie, what was your score before the driver update? And was this with stock cpu?
Anyone else got it running?

NikitoGR

NikitoGR

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

This is it:Attached File  Screenshot_2013-03-07-13-34-58.png   132.45KB   70 downloads

In which rom?

Edited by NikitoGR, 07 March 2013 - 05:59 PM.

PixelPixie

PixelPixie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Cm 10.1 not sure whether r1 or r2, not that bothered so don't bench very often.

Edited for typo

Edited by PixelPixie, 07 March 2013 - 05:53 PM.

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300

In which rom?

Any of the few 4.2 based rom's we have. J

Biohazard

NikitoGR

NikitoGR

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
Let's stop spamming for nothing and help the g300 developers (if they're interested). Let's try the zip (if it works for some devices) and post:
  • The rom 9 (i.e 4.x.x from y dev...)
  • An antutu score result before flashing the zip and one after flashing it.
  • Personal experience in gaming and in use (i.e 3D has great performance while the phone's UI lags or the opposite)
Isn't that right for testing and posting results? This is the right way to test something new and it should be mentioned so we can have an overall result.

Curlie

Curlie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
I installed it on CM10.1 R2 and benchmarked it with 1.228GHz overclock

Rydlis

Rydlis

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Theming Android&Linux
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@DavidRejdl
I am very interested in this. If will this drivers work, I put in to LiQu Beta-1 (Beta-1 will be based on CM10.1 R2 or newer)

PixelPixie

PixelPixie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
+1 for boot loop, cm 10.1r2

igorbj

igorbj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Ascend g300
cm 10.1 r2,bouth zips not working-boot loop :angry:

Curlie

Curlie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
I flashed the first zip and it boots...

Pirex69

Pirex69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:MTB, Android, symbian
  • Devices:Huawei u8815

You should try it first before posting it. We are not obligated to brick our devices. The thread is so draft. In which phones cant this zip be flashed? What is the second link? What should we backup?

Dalyer Why did you answer yes without trying it? Did you try it and worked? Basically it's not an update for the G300 it's a general adreno update. It should be aimed to the developers and for those who want to contribute for posting the results of it.

Man, you should try to know better Tillaz... he is just one of the best developers around here... respect for him.

Thks again Tillaz :)

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts

Isn't that right for testing and posting results? This is the right way to test something new and it should be mentioned so we can have an overall result.

No, its not. All the G300 vary in performance, so you can only try it for yourself and see how it is. For example, the adreno libs may work for me and boost my gameplay, but it may do nothing for someone else.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:Alien Life
  • Devices:Nexus 4

You should try it first before posting it. We are not obligated to brick our devices. The thread is so draft. In which phones cant this zip be flashed? What is the second link? What should we backup?

Dalyer Why did you answer yes without trying it? Did you try it and worked? Basically it's not an update for the G300 it's a general adreno update. It should be aimed to the developers and for those who want to contribute for posting the results of it.

you should first understand that YOU are not obligated to flash this or anything else i post...

also if you read the second post you would see that i have tried it, and you would understand witch devices and versions of android its for

obviously its compatible with the G300, as it uses the adreno200, why else would i post it here...

sorry but this has no way of "bricking" your device.. boot loop dose not = bricked

i am very clear about making a back up in the first post

we had a similar update for Armv6 on the zte skate ages ago, witch worked fine and gave slightly better benchmarks,

i'm not sure why this is not working...

EDIT: they might need the kernel updated to work

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:Alien Life
  • Devices:Nexus 4

NikitoGR

NikitoGR

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Man, you should try to know better Tillaz... he is just one of the best developers around here... respect for him.

Thks again Tillaz :)

No, its not. All the G300 vary in performance, so you can only try it for yourself and see how it is. For example, the adreno libs may work for me and boost my gameplay, but it may do nothing for someone else.

you should first understand that YOU are not obligated to flash this or anything else i post...

also if you read the second post you would see that i have tried it, and you would understand witch devices and versions of android its for

obviously its compatible with the G300, as it uses the adreno200, why else would i post it here...

sorry but this has no way of "bricking" your device.. boot loop dose not = bricked

i am very clear about making a back up in the first post

we had a similar update for Armv6 on the zte skate ages ago, witch worked fine and gave slightly better benchmarks,

i'm not sure why this is not working...

EDIT: they might need the kernel updated to work

I'm respecting him. I don't have something personal with no one of you.
Sorry for the b-word (brick) I was meaning the boot-loop.
Why am I not right? lol, that's why everyone should post results! So you can see with what rom or kernel is going wrong etc. Man I'm sure that I was right. Tell me how could you develop furthermore with at least 1 device? Don't you want many results? I really can't understand you.

Sorry for being "rude" but that's why you are developers to help us and to help you (the one is helping the other, if you understand what I mean. Without you (the devs) we cannot enjoy with new features in our phone and without us (posting results or even just running your work, which needs hours or days or even weeks and ok even more!) there would be no reason to create a rom or anything else and posting it.

Sorry for destroying the day, I just... Nevermind... <_<

Edited by NikitoGR, 07 March 2013 - 09:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users