tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,864 posts
  • Interests:Alien Life
  • Devices:Moto X

yeah, but if we took your advice and did not post unless we had "personally" tested stuff,
most forums on modaco and xda would be missing a lot of goodies for people like your self to enjoy

for instance the Gingerbread ROM AtomicMod i made when the G300 first came out (extended power menu, CM power widgets)

and the recent guide for the extended power menu, and CM power widgets on ICS

all of witch i could not test my self, but the community did and is now benefiting from

anyway if you search around xda everyone is having the same problem with the new drives (boot loop)
no one has actually getting them to work yet, and are starting to think its a problem on qaulcomm's part ???

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W

Dalyer Why did you answer yes without trying it? Did you try it and worked? Basically it's not an update for the G300 it's a general adreno update. It should be aimed to the developers and for those who want to contribute for posting the results of it.

I read your question as "is it a driver for the Adreno" so I answered yes. I didn't notice the "G300" qualification. Either way what's your problem? :mellow:

NikitoGR

NikitoGR

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Devices:U8815N

yeah, but if we took your advice and did not post unless we had "personally" tested stuff,
most forums on modaco and xda would be missing a lot of goodies for people like your self to enjoy

for instance the Gingerbread ROM AtomicMod i made when the G300 first came out (extended power menu, CM power widgets)

and the recent guide for the extended power menu, and CM power widgets on ICS

all of witch i could not test my self, but the community did and is now benefiting from

anyway if you search around xda everyone is having the same problem with the new drives (boot loop)
no one has actually getting them to work yet, and are starting to think its a problem on qaulcomm's part ???

No! I did'n said to test it personally before making public, I said the opposite!
Let's stop it here.

Before you said something about kernel. just with a little searching yeah it's 90% a kernel issue. But if even it doesn't work in nexus 4 then it must really be a qualcomm's problem. Sh*t happens in every great news. :unsure:

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,864 posts
  • Interests:Alien Life
  • Devices:Moto X

No! I did'n said to test it personally before making public, I said the opposite!
Let's stop it here.

lol, OK i believe you :)

You should try it first before posting it. We are not obligated to brick our devices. The thread is so draft. In which phones cant this zip be flashed? What is the second link? What should we backup?

Dalyer Why did you answer yes without trying it? Did you try it and worked? Basically it's not an update for the G300 it's a general adreno update. It should be aimed to the developers and for those who want to contribute for posting the results of it.

but yeah, its looking like it needs kernel changes as its not working on any devices its flashed on, xperia, nexus 4, G300, etc

i will look into getting it working on my nexus 4, and post my findings

NikitoGR

NikitoGR

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Devices:U8815N

lol, OK i believe you :)

but yeah, its looking like it needs kernel changes as its not working on any devices its flashed on, xperia, nexus 4, G300, etc

i will look into getting it working on my nexus 4, and post my findings

We rely on you! If you want a g300 tester to test anything you want I'm here!

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
An entertaining read - hats off to those who went down the garden path. Looks like Qualcomm specified 4.2 MR1 for a reason, eh. Yes, the userland changes depend on kernel side updates, hence the reference to particular CAF builds.

Kill the bee... and ultimately... you'll have nothing to spread on your toast — John Shuttleworth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users