[Q] can we underclock

Guest Arshbir.thind

Guest Arshbir.thind

I just want to know is there any software available for under clocking?

Edited by Arshbir.thind

Guest BlueMoonRising

Although only down to the 600MHz minimum. To be honest I don't think there's any need to underclock it, it's very, very good at managing itself.

Guest codroid

Yes I talked about this before here: http://www.modaco.co...r-battery-life/

There seems to be a little improvement in battery life by maxing at 600Mhz and only a slight difference in performance but, as said above, the intel atom chip is very efficient at managing the power and cpuspy confirms that by showing the cpu at 600Mhz around 70% of the time.

Under clock sounds good in theory but it is more than likely that having more Mhz to get the job at hand done faster will consume less power, if that is what your intention is by under clock ?

Edited by codroid

Guest BlueMoonRising

I forgot to mention(although you may already know) that you do need to be rooted in order to underclock the CPU. Unless of course anybody knows differently?

Guest Arshbir.thind

Thanks, I have set max frequency to 600mhz phone still perform well but it heat as it was heating earlier... I want phone to run cool is there any way

Guest BlueMoonRising

Underclocking will not reduce any heat as it's not at 1600MHz long enough normally to make any difference. It does get warm if using a lot, even browsing. It's normal and as long as you haven't got a dodgy one it's not a problem. I think Ricky had success in loosening 3 screws inside which reduced the pressure around the bottom of the screen.