44 replies to this topic

zloduh

zloduh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
  • Twitter:@zloduheg
i have tried with 2 sd cards, one 2gb i got with phone and other 4gb kingston class 10 i bought for it later.. it still rebooted

mati19924

mati19924

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I installed 4.1.2 from @KonstaT and for 3 days use of 0 reboots random, maybe in the end, it's the perfect ROM;)

Edited by mati19924, 22 April 2013 - 07:28 PM.

omenoid

omenoid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The same problem here. Initially I thought it was related to overclocking, and in CM10 6/2/2013 build it was usually triggered when turning Wifi on. However, the same goes on almost daily with Aurora Borealis w/o any overclocking etc. I'll test the stock ROM again for a while before sending the phone to warranty repair..

jha92

jha92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, ZTE Blade 3
I had similar problems with my blade 3 too. Reboots happened with all roms and screwed with the battery percentage. Problem was the stock charger wich was also causing the bad touchscreen experience while charging. After starting to use my an old nokia charger the reboots disappeared. I tested on Aurora Borealis and CM10. I also charged a couple of times with the stock charger later to test it and the reboots started again.

timjon

timjon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I actually gave in and sent my phone back to Virgin - they turned it around in 24 hours, and said they'd fixed the problem. I have to admit I was sceptical, but it's been back over a week without a single crash, so it does look like they did something to it. Same IMEI so it doesn't look like a board swap.

I'm still using the same set of chargers as before (I have several, and several PCs) so at least in my case that doesn't appear to have been the problem.

LuxXx25

LuxXx25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
For me it was the V6 Supercharger script that made my phone reboot, as soon as I got rid of it I hadn't gotten a single reboot.

Saliom

Saliom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3
Hi Guys, i sent my phone back to the retailer, and after a month and a half it got back with at least a new screen (can't verify if that's a totaly new phone, or at least i don't know how to do that). It worked pretty fine for a week, then on monday sudenly out of the blue a random reboot... since then i had 4-5 of them on 2 days, and just now i had 3 in a row...

i can't get any log or anything like it because when the phone is charging it doesn't reboot, i just pulled out the SD Card, and i prey that it's the problem, will let you know.

Also i'm sure it's not the battery (in my case) cause my gf tried my battery on her ZTE Blade 3 for over a week and it worked fine for her...

If anyone has a suggestion, i'm all ears. I think i'll buy a Wiko or something that seems to work better than my blade 3 and try to get rid of the Blade 3 if i can't find a durable solution.

timjon

timjon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Mine has been rock solid for over a fortnight now (and was previously crashing every day). I'm wondering whether Virgin have a new software build which they put onto it - but stupidly I forgot to make a note of the version number before I returned it. It's currently reporting build number of "VIRGIN_P772N10V1.0.0B03", does anyone have a stock Virgin phone with anything different?

zloduh

zloduh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Twitter:@zloduheg
I got main board replaced on the first phone, after 3 days i had it it started to reboot again, so i returned it again. Now they called me and said they will give me brand new phone.. Im thinking a way to get a different device im pretty skeptical about zte now.... shame i really liked it.

jbrolin

jbrolin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Zte blade 3
Solved reboots
Here is what I did.
I had CM10.1 installed and tried everything to get rid of reboots, I tried to change sd cards, dont use wifi, pull the sd card and format and wipe everything before reinstalling CM10.1, tried CM10, still the reboots (a few times per day).
Now I had enough and I did a complete restore of my phone to factory default, first I restored the Recovery to original (http://www.modaco.co...-zte-blade-iii/) then I installed the stock ROM from ZTEs page.
I tried the phone for a week without reboots but... I soon got feed up with the lag in stock ROM and dared to root it and install CM10. Not a single reboot for over a week now :)
I will wait to install 10.1 but if/when I do I will report if reboots reoccurs.

KonstaT thanks for great ROMS! Have you any idea, do you think it is CM10.1 or corrupt CWM or Kernel?

Edited by jbrolin, 05 June 2013 - 02:02 PM.

Saliom

Saliom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
posting almost a month after, i got a phone back, it was a new phone (not the same serial number as the one on the box i got when i bought it) so i guess there was a hardware problem somewhere... it worked really fine for a week, and then reboots began again, first it was one now and then, so wasn't really bothering me, but since the last 4 days it almost constantly reboots, i'm thinking about writing to ZTE and getting the phone back to the shop once again... will probably buy a new phone if it keeps getting that bad...

i've notice that it mainly reboots when it's vibrating or when there is a little shock on it (like i'm running and the phone is in my pocket), don't know what it could mean...

Edited by Saliom, 18 June 2013 - 08:40 AM.

ciha77

ciha77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I think random reboot is hardware problem. Maybe battery maybe ram. But i try all rom. Still? Random reboot goes.

ciha77

ciha77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I think random reboot is hardware problem. Maybe battery maybe ram. But i try all rom. Still? Random reboot goes.

Something Wierd

Something Wierd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Problem already solved.You can thank KonstaT for that.
http://www.modaco.co...n-with-jb-roms/

ciha77

ciha77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Thank you KonstaT

DackoMK

DackoMK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi to all. I have a ZTE Blade 3 for about 7 months and I had random reboots couple of times a day. Usually the reboots were when I tried to press the lock button or in pocket while moving, also the battery meter was oscillating and not showing the right percentage. After installing many roms and trying to solve the problem by software I noticed that the battery is a little bit loose and I inserted a folded piece of paper between the battery and the phone at the bottom of the phone. I must say that after a month of usage there are zero reboots and no battery percentage oscillations.
As far as I can understand the problem is the loose connection between battery and the contacts of the phone and when greater battery power is needed the phone restarts it self.
I hope this will be helpful to someone with the same problem.

Edited by DackoMK, 19 September 2013 - 07:54 PM.

ciha77

ciha77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Dont use usb charging

ciha77

ciha77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Dont use usb charging

ciha77

ciha77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Dont use usb charging

Sick_Majkan

Sick_Majkan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=62eJjjCjN1w

This solved my problems. I did a lot of research of this topic, installed customized ROM's, changed back to stock, and etc, but I still had this problems with Random Reboots on my ZTE Blade III. So I figure out, it must be some Hardware problem on this device.. I accidentally found this Youtube video which helped me with this RR. Battery contact is not solid and you have to put peace of paper like in yt video. It will help you! ;) So it is not Kernel file, or something like this, it is just BATTERY CONTACT.. Have a try dude. Good luck. P.S. Post your feedback after 1 week. ;)

I'm running my ZTE Blade III on 4.2.2 CyanogenMod version 10.01 - 20130917- KostaKANG-atlas40, great custom ROM for this phone, stable, FAST and precise, working almost 2 months without any problems, also I didn't find any errors with this ROM. Great job. 

Edited by Sick_Majkan, 03 October 2013 - 07:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users