Downgrade & upgrade from recovery

Guest jsevi83

Guest jsevi83

I made two zips which you can install in recovery, one to downgrade to GB and another to upgrade to ICS. This way you don't need to install UPDATE.APP or do imei hack. Just install the zip in recovery and then install any custom rom following its instructions (wipes, etc).

DOWNGRADE TO GB: http://www.solidfile...m/d/e208f49ff9/

This will install GB baseband (B895), GB bootloader and CWM5 recovery. It doesn't include a rom.

UPGRADE TO ICS: http://www.solidfile...m/d/7d1f753ecb/

This will install ICS baseband (B952), ICS "unlocked" bootloader and CWM5 recovery. It doesn't include a rom.

Edited by jsevi83

Guest bladebuddy

Well done and a big thanks to you and tillaz for making things more simple without having to mess about with IMEI numbers. Well done and a donation coming both you're ways. J

Guest jsevi83

Jsevi83 you tested this? Anyone tested? Thanks

Of course it was tested, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it.

So can we use this to jump from lower ics version (lower than b952) to latest ics version (b952)?

Yes, it installs the baseband from B952, but not the rom.

Guest jsevi83

If you are using any stock based ICS rom (like Stock Plus, Lightning, Infusion, B952-slim, etc) and you are tired of reboots caused by the bootloader, you can install the zip to downgrade to GB and then install the zip to use ICS roms in GB from here:

You don't need to make wipes or reinstall the rom, just flash those two zips in recovery and reboot. I think this method is better than relocking the bootloader.

Guest Buffalo Soldier

This is working just fine, used it to flash B952 update.app, to leave bootloader locked, and hopefully get rid of 3G reboots.