75 replies to this topic

popadicsm

popadicsm

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:Alcatel OT-992D
i want to downgrade to gb. can i install stock gb firmware after installing GB package or i can only inastall custom gb rom?

Pyntux

Pyntux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Devices:G300, Alcatel Idol 6030X
Find stock GB repack rom to install from CWM...

rwalton159

rwalton159

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@rwalton159

Is there another way to download the downgrade zip? Depending on the browser I either get download failed or forbidden.

http://www.speedysha...ngrade-B895.zip

Edited by rwalton159, 19 March 2013 - 06:19 PM.

Buffalo Soldier

Buffalo Soldier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
This is working just fine, used it to flash B952 update.app, to leave bootloader locked, and hopefully get rid of 3G reboots.

Pyntux

Pyntux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
You can alweys try using ICS on GB baseband... :)

Buffalo Soldier

Buffalo Soldier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Tried that, data connection is not working as it should, the only way, if you want to use ICS, is to leave the original bootloader.
I've tried everything else, and we definitely have to wait for Huawei to offer bootloader unlock, if you need 3G, and I need it, very much.

save me

save me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Hi I've just tried the downgrade method and now my phone is stuck on the huawei logo and won't start up I was on lightening rom hope someone can help

Pyntux

Pyntux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Install zip to downgrade, then do all wipes, and install any GB rom which can be installed from cwm, any "Gb.zip" rom...

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Hi I've just tried the downgrade method and now my phone is stuck on the huawei logo and won't start up I was on lightening rom hope someone can help

If you want to use ICS roms in GB baseband, you have to use this: http://www.modaco.co...on-gb-baseband/

zzz3bra

zzz3bra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815)
Just wondering - why not clockworkmod 6?

Edited by zzz3bra, 30 March 2013 - 12:24 AM.

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

One question - why don't clockworkmod 6?

Because cwm5 works in both basebands, it has no bugs and I wanted to use the same recovery in both zips. You can easily chage it anyway. :P

lejkabasz

lejkabasz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend g300
I Installed Slim ROM on GB baseband but HSDPA not working correctly. It works, but like this /\/\/\/\. Download the data and stop and again and again.
I tried different hsdpa drivers and used some 3g/H tricks in build.prop but nothing changed.
Any clues? Thx in advance.

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

I Installed Slim ROM on GB baseband but HSDPA not working correctly. It works, but like this /\/\/\/\. Download the data and stop and again and again.
I tried different hsdpa drivers and used some 3g/H tricks in build.prop but nothing changed.
Any clues? Thx in advance.

There is an issue using ics roms in gb baseband for operators that use two different networks for 3G. We still didn't find a solution. Look here:

http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2102465

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w
Jsevi, there`s also a problem with GB roms on 2030 baseband. I had no network signal occasionaly on 3 GB roms I tried. :(

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

logo-telekineza.png 

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Jsevi, there`s also a problem with GB roms on 2030 baseband. I had no network signal occasionaly on 3 GB roms I tried. :(

I guess that is more related to the thread: http://www.modaco.co...eband-it-works/

This thread is not so much related to rom issues, it deals with bootloader, baseband and recovery.

Wellus

Wellus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 Ascend
Hello, so i know that i can restore everything with these backups, i did backup of my gb 2.3.6 b885 baseband 109808 with cwm4, if i use your ICS zip i will get baseband 2030 and cwm5 and ofc i have to put into my sd card any custom mod i want to get my phone working. The question is, if i use my backup i will get same baseband, stock rom with apps and cwm when i did my backup?

It is my first android, so sorry if i look stupid, but i just don't want to make any mistake that would lead in bricking or similar stuff

btw where do i put that file and which option i should use apply update from sd or install zip from sd card(probably this one)

Edited by Wellus, 12 April 2013 - 08:31 AM.

Fenomenorx

Fenomenorx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
See if you understand my point.
When trying to install a new rom, the phone does not pass the huawei logo, have to pull the battery, enter in recovery mode (cwm) and do a restore and he restarts again.
Right now I have the stock rom + (B960). To install the stock firmware of huawei, i have to change imei, and I'm afraid to brick the phone.
If I install this zip to DOWNGRADE TO GB, then I can install a GB rom by the dload method without any imei problems?
What was the rom that I could install?
Then i could upgrade again to ICS?
I'm doing all the steps correctly?
thank you

Marcos Costa

Marcos Costa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
I just have a little question about this. Does the "DOWNGRADE TO GB:http://www.solidfile...m/d/e208f49ff9/" works from JB? Or only from ICS?

lejkabasz

lejkabasz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend g300
I downgraded from JB (CM10.1 R2) to GB and was working fine.

Pyntux

Pyntux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Do I need, after downgrade to GB, than upgrade to ICS, to unlock bootloader which is unlocked officialy now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users