[HELP] Smartphone does not start OS

Guest Luissi

Guest Luissi

Goodnight everyone ..

Here I have a G300 from a friend who asked me to do a root and install a ROM better .. I was reading a little about the procedure and got so far to root and install CWM recovery, I tried a few different ROMs and they all block the phone, does not pass the manufacturer's logo. I'm a little scared because the phone is not mine, and admired because I've done this multiple times on different phones and similar never happened to me ..

Someone can explain me what may be missing here?

I did the backup stockROM: (

Guest hippy dave

You say you rooted and installed CWM, but you didn't mention updating the baseband - if the phone was running gingerbread and you've been flashing ICS roms, then it would probably act as you describe. If you want most ICS roms to work, you need to update the baseband, either with an official ICS update, or you could try the recent thread with flashable zips, tho that's new enough to be considered experimental.

Maybe just check the "like you're 5" tutorial in the sticky.

Guest kyan31

You need to flash the official ICS so your baseband changes to 2030. Then unlock the boot loader, root, and install a recovery. Now you should be able to flash your chosen ROM :)

Guest Luissi

Hi guys.. tks for help.. I'm downloading the recovery flash b944, this is what I have to flash?

did not know all that was needed, in my S3 things always worked well. I forgot to mention that I did not bootloader too! can explain to me how the dload works? it is used for what?