[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

Guest pOcHa

Guest dakok

...and lol, they're all like WHAT !? he's not even chinese...

That thing made my day. A non-chinese guy made a chinese rom

for them. And they don`t get it yet.

Hilarious!

Guest y4ss1n

can someone else confirm or deny 3g data working...

my problem hasnt anything to do with 3g since i cant even get 2g working (cant add any apn..)

hope they can fix it

Guest pOcHa

HI.

Finally V28 works with my 3G data.

Sim card 4G Vodafone Portugal.

I have to install the Gappsbecause Playstore FCs...

After install the Gapps all fine and fast too.

my problem hasnt anything to do with 3g since i cant even get 2g working (cant add any apn..)

hope they can fix it

well i thought that was the one and the same problem - can you send me a logcat of when you try to do it...

and my barebones gapps are still fc-ing... damn, i really must be doing something fundamentally wrong - but they always worked for me

Guest Mireczech

I describe my problem with restarting device:

Start Locus Pro --> Set GPS notification --> choosing a sound --> complete action using Android System --> choose System default Ringtones --> restart device.

If I will do this twice, I cannot connect to any site.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gn4cy2mneglhhfo/alogcat.2013-06-07-09-16-32%2B0200.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqc0ovjtlicg9uh/alogcat.2013-06-07-09-16-55%2B0200.txt

Guest elvis56nl

This is a fantastic rom, actually one of the most complete android roms I have seen on any device, thumbs up for baidu. However, one thing that's a major problem, I can not get google play store to work. Best I can get is the play store interface to show up but not able to install or update anything(crash). So far I have tried: removing and adding google account, flash the playstorefix.zip, install gapps but nothing seems to work. I have tried with v23, v27 and v28

Edited by elvis56nl

Guest pOcHa

i am using completely barebones gapps, and they work just fine for me - but it seems for no one else... so just flash any ics gapps zip

Guest yaqh

i am using completely barebones gapps, and they work just fine for me - but it seems for no one else... so just flash any ics gapps zip

does this one have configurable toggles like v25, also can any confirm profiles and weather is working with this one.

Guest pOcHa

I describe my problem with restarting device:

Start Locus Pro --> Set GPS notification --> choosing a sound --> complete action using Android System --> choose System default Ringtones --> restart device.

android media scanner (which populates the list of available sounds for notification) can't read your files in "/mnt/sdcard/Sygic/Android/" folder - so just place an emty ".nomedia" placeholder file there, and problem solved...

Guest elvis56nl

This is a fantastic rom, actually one of the most complete android roms I have seen on any device, thumbs up for baidu. However, one thing that's a major problem, I can not get google play store to work. Best I can get is the play store interface to show up but not able to install or update anything(crash). So far I have tried: removing and adding google account, flash the playstorefix.zip, install gapps but nothing seems to work. I have tried with v23, v27 and v28

I have a working play store now, I tried some different gapps version and gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip seems to be working.

Guest pOcHa

does this one have configurable toggles like v25, also can any confirm profiles and weather is working with this one.

toggles are configurable, but can't remember what they were like in beta v25

and for the umpteenth time, no! huawei stock apps do not work on this rom (only on stock based rom with the older ICS v4.0.3)

Guest yaqh

toggles are configurable, but can't remember what they were like in beta v25

and for the umpteenth time, no! huawei stock apps do not work on this rom (only on stock based rom with the older ICS v4.0.3)

it had sound control options, i think these where changed in v26 Is there a totem weather like version that works with this.

Guest pOcHa

i'll add sound toggles back in the new beta v29 this weekend

and totem weather is a huawei stock app (so before you ask again, no - and, no, huawei allbackup does not work either)

Guest yaqh

and totem weather is a huawei stock app (so before you ask again, no - and, no, huawei allbackup does not work either)

okay thanks, how about gobackup. if I cant restore my apps+data then it's a no go.

Guest Paulzie

Quite enjoying having a look at this ROM. Worth noting that a tethering toggle is missing too. Need that one for sure.

Guest pOcHa

okay thanks, how about gobackup. if I cant restore my apps+data then it's a no go.

try it out, and report back

Quite enjoying having a look at this ROM. Worth noting that a tethering toggle is missing too. Need that one for sure.

i do have wifi tethering, can someone else confirm

Guest mr_mufy

HI.

This rom, finally it's the most stable and capable that i tray with the ICS on it.

Congratulations Pocha.

I only miss the personalition on the toggle bar like the CM, and the battery mod.

Apart that it's really great.

Guest mr_mufy

I use the Go backup ages.

And the only time i lost my backups was when I try the new roms based on GB/ICS/JB and they some times lose the location of the files, and that it's a mistake mine.

If i copy the files to the right SD card the restore works well and fast, apart the SMS. That i prefere to copy the file it's more safe and fast.

Guest sedj

Always use the latest gapps it is here:

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

50mb it is not worth slimming this down, you can loose more elsewhere with not this but the Baidu default rom.

Keep this tidy it's the best set of roms by far, it looks sweet being white instead of black and runs really fast. The limitations are all down to the phone spec, 512mb of operating memory just does not cut it which is why i have binned using JB roms as they are all more hungry than ICS.

The G300 being single core does not help, but that's what happens six month ago it was pretty good but now its pretty slow :D

I would like to try a proper sorted CM7 with a white theme but it wont happen, till then Baidu all the way :)

Guest predragiPredrag

I can confirm that network data is solved :) This rom is beauty, by my standards :)

But it is not the fastest out there and games don't run very well...

Guest pOcHa

this was never a "performance" rom, as it has multitasking that actually work as itended (no force closing apps in the background so that the launcher would seem "smoother")

but it was always by far the best rom for games (did you clear the memory with baidu widget before running them?) - temple run 2 on highest settings, modern combat 4, subway surfing and other games that are unplayable on other roms run perfectly here, and the controls actually work for rayman and shadowgun

i myself do not use the custom kernel (although i suspect they would run even better with it, especially if overclocked), or the V6 SuperCharger addons - are you using any of those (maybe they are to be blamed)?

although i never did get to test games with my own transplant (stable v4 and beta v28) - but will now certainly do it with the new beta v29 coming later today...

Guest hippy dave

I've been trying with the v6 this time, and I've had a few app crashes etc, so I'm going to try removing it and see if that helps.

Guest predragiPredrag

this was never a "performance" rom, as it has multitasking that actually work as itended (no force closing apps in the background so that the launcher would seem "smoother")

but it was always by far the best rom for games (did you clear the memory with baidu widget before running them?) - temple run 2 on highest settings, modern combat 4, subway surfing and other games that are unplayable on other roms run perfectly here, and the controls actually work for rayman and shadowgun

i myself do not use the custom kernel (although i suspect they would run even better with it, especially if overclocked), or the V6 SuperCharger addons - are you using any of those (maybe they are to be blamed)?

although i never did get to test games with my own transplant (stable v4 and beta v28) - but will now certainly do it with the new beta v29 coming later today...

I installed Baidu V28 and full gapps, without any scripts or changes. I have tryed magicka, and game takes longer time to load than on other roms,

and somethimes reports that it is not working. But after it loads it is good :)

Hmm, about multitasking, I can sense cloging up of our small RAM and there is need to use baidu widget to clear memory from time to time.

I will try temple run 2 and report back :)

Yep you are right games are indeed fast on this rom :) my misjudgment :(

Do you have tip for better battery life? It can do one day tops, and on muscles :)

Edited by predragiPredrag