[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

Guest pOcHa

Guest mr_mufy

Hi,

I want to ask you:

- battery life - better/worse than CM9

- stable?

- smoothness - better/worse than CM9?

Thx :)

Hi,

I'll tell u.!

THIS ROM it's by far the best one i already have tested, and i test all.

I keep jumping from rom to rom, and land always in the same, this one BAIDU.

I really can't understand why the devolopers don't tune up this one, for our pgone this it's really the one.

- It has small bugs, of curse like all the others, but this it's the most complet of them, and it's 4.0.4

Not the 4.0.3 of the huawei with all the anoying bugs.

This on for me, it was the best if has the automatically USB like CM9, and the flash light.

- The themes are too chindls, and don't costumise many things, but if some one do another theme for the battery, like circle.

Apart of this it's the best.

Guest pOcHa

Hi,

I want to ask you:

- battery life - better/worse than CM9

- stable?

- smoothness - better/worse than CM9?

Thx :)

didn't use CM9 in a long time - back then Baidu battery was far better, but launcher is still not as smooth (although games run better)

stability was rock solid from the very start

Hi,

I'll tell u.!

THIS ROM it's by far the best one i already have tested, and i test all.

I keep jumping from rom to rom, and land always in the same, this one BAIDU.

I really can't understand why the devolopers don't tune up this one, for our pgone this it's really the one.

- It has small bugs, of curse like all the others, but this it's the most complet of them, and it's 4.0.4

Not the 4.0.3 of the huawei with all the anoying bugs.

This on for me, it was the best if has the automatically USB like CM9, and the flash light.

- The themes are too chindls, and don't costumise many things, but if some one do another theme for the battery, like circle.

Apart of this it's the best.

i also wondered why developers still use stock instead of this as a base, as it is far superior in every way - but then I started working on it myself, and now I know exactly why - every single framework jar and apk gets updated in each new version (biweekly), so you have to make the same old changes over and over again

the flashlight was added a few versions back - but what exactly is "automatically USB like CM9"?

why root apps will not work on beta32? says it is not root phone?What is the problem. how to solve?

you have to enable the root manager in settings -> security, and then accept the prompts for root privileges

Guest predragiPredrag

but what exactly is "automatically USB like CM9"?

When you plugin your phone it is automatically detected as G300 device and you can access internal and external storage.

There is no need to switch on mass storage like in all other roms, it is quite nice feature :)

BTW only CM that is good enough is Joestone's :) http://goo.im/devs/joestone/g300

I am now using CM10 before I return back to BAIDU, and it is great if we ignore few small bugs.

Edited by predragiPredrag

Guest mr_mufy
didn't use CM9 in a long time - back then Baidu battery was far better, but launcher is still not as smooth (although games run better) stability was rock solid from the very start i also wondered why developers still use stock instead of this as a base, as it is far superior in every way - but then I started working on it myself, and now I know exactly why - every single framework jar and apk gets updated in each new version (biweekly), so you have to make the same old changes over and over again the flashlight was added a few versions back - but what exactly is "automatically USB like CM9"? you have to enable the root manager in settings -> security, and then accept the prompts for root privileges

Hi.

I now about that.

But the updates are so small that for me are insignificant...

The devolopers can *** on the beta 4.1.1 and do improves with that one, it's an exemple.

Guest pOcHa

Is it any chance to put Polish lang? Can I edit system files to put my lang??

I would recommend you do it with the stable version, as it updates only every two months

the quote below about the beta versions applies to translations as well:

i also wondered why developers still use stock instead of this as a base, as it is far superior in every way - but then I started working on it myself, and now I know exactly why - every single framework jar and apk gets updated in each new version (biweekly), so you have to make the same old changes over and over again

Guest lexran

I have a problem with the rom. 2-3 days after flashing, it starts lagging in an extreme amount. Applications take very long to open, or don't open at all, Internet gets extremely low and generally the phone becomes very difficult to use. I'm doing the flashes as instructed..

Am I missing something? Should I flash the overclock kernel or something else?

Edited by lexran

Guest pOcHa

When you plugin your phone it is automatically detected as G300 device and you can access internal and external storage.

There is no need to switch on mass storage like in all other roms, it is quite nice feature :)

i'm using winamp, and it has that very option

I have a problem with the rom. 2-3 days after flashing, it starts lagging in an extreme amount. Applications take very long to open, or don't open at all, Internet gets extremely low and generally the phone becomes very difficult to use. I'm doing the flashes as instructed..

Am I missing something? Should I flash the overclock kernel or something else?

never had that problem myself, if an app (a game usually) hogs all the memory, everything goes back to normal the moment you close it - try using the baidu one touch widget to clear up the memory when it happens

also, the baidu browser sometimes uses a lot of memory, so try with a lighter alternative if that is affecting your multitasking

Edited by pOcHa

Guest kyoiorikof97

performance not stable...i m without oc....

hey pocha plz help...that i've done any mistake...lots of thnx in advance...i want to stay with baidu rom forever

Guest abiatar

Hi!

I just found this amazing rom... everything working perfect

Only one thing.

I use morelocale.. and in my language traffic monitor crash... not in English. Can it be fishes?

Thanks for your work!

Guest pOcHa

performance not stable...i m without oc....

hey pocha plz help...that i've done any mistake...lots of thnx in advance...i want to stay with baidu rom forever

did you flash the kernel fix?

I use morelocale.. and in my language traffic monitor crash... not in English. Can it be fishes?

hahahaha, no - but it can be dinosaurs instead ;-p

but seriously, there are no resource files for languages other than chinese and english - so morelocale shouldn't work at all, what language are you using? and send me a logcat of the crash...

Edited by pOcHa

Guest pOcHa

baidu apps shouldn't be in spanish, only third-party ones...

anyway, your regional settings use "," instead of "." as a decimal separator, so either:

a.) you are inputing the decimal value wrong - just use the other separator then

b.) traffic monitor app has the decimal separator hardcoded to "." - check if there's an app that can change it back from "," in your locale, like with windows regional settings

Edited by pOcHa

Guest abiatar

I can't find how to set this.

But don't worry. When i want to change this configuration ... Change locale to english, after, switch to spanish.

Thank you!

Guest kyoiorikof97

ya flash the kernel fix...

another problem facing...system>apps>manage process>background process

then phone hang...i checked it many times always ph gone hang...

i did reinstall this flash and did clear wipe data,wipe cache,wipe dalvik cache,mount and storage>wipe data,cache,datadata,cust,system,data

plz help pocha please ........reply me quick....

Guest pOcHa

well I don't know what to tell you, never had that problem myself, nor has anyone else either for that matter - so it must be some third party app of yours...

Guest stevan930

I have problem with playstore when im opening after few seconds it freeze and i need to pull out the batery.It was working nice until now.Someone know how to solve this?

Guest wayne stokes

installed this morning, and have lost recovery followed instructions about installing and selected "no" last go off, so maybe install instructions need updating?

Guest pOcHa

I have problem with playstore when im opening after few seconds it freeze and i need to pull out the batery.It was working nice until now.Someone know how to solve this?

did you maybe tinker with settings -> security -> permissions monitor? either turn it off, or enable everything for play store

installed this morning, and have lost recovery followed instructions about installing and selected "no" last go off, so maybe install instructions need updating?

you must have installed the chinese version (or someone else's), as the recovery is completely removed from mine

Guest wayne stokes

"recovery is completely removed from mine" do you mean recovery isn`t supposed to work after installing rom?

i got the rom from page 1 v32

ok got recovery back, not sure it went away sorry

Edited by wayne stokes

Guest pOcHa

"recovery is completely removed from mine" do you mean recovery isn`t supposed to work after installing rom?

no, it just means that your existing one can't possibly be replaced, as there isn't a recovery in the rom to replace it with

When we can expect BaiDU33? This evening? :) Thanks

yes, when i get the time...